Motivation to Move

Hey, what a great Friday, Mumpsimus!

I seem to have misplaced my pedometer so haven't been keeping track. Should still be getting about the same number of steps as before, as I haven't changed anything! Tae Kwon-Do class is going well - the last class was the first one where I thought, "Oh yeesh, what am I doing here??" as we had to spar against each other, and I was the only one without all the proper gear on! I've been waffling today about whether or not I should keep going, but I don't want to stop without replacing it with some other form of exercise.
I should keep going, really. I shouldn't let one sparring class scare me off.

21905 steps 9.12 miles - a level 3 shred and 1.5 hours at the park trying to ride a bike. All in all a great body magic day.

Moonbeamcor you should stick at it :) It sounds like its going to be fun!

Bubble, do you have superhuman powers?

Only managed 4912 yesterday, just felt meh, but feeling more positive today, so I am hoping for a good total, although I don't think i will ever match you bubble!!!

I know that meh feeling. Full of mehness today myself!
8,032 steps so far but that's purely down to my job. Have only done a supermarket run and a quick tidy up since!
Thank goodness for work.

Hey guys... I found my pedometer, hurrah! It was at the bottom of the laundry hamper... oops.
Anyway, that was this afternoon, and I've done 7879 since then. Will see how many I can rack up tomorrow!

22093 steps 9.30 miles today. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Crazy old school dancing to Prodigy - Out of Space in the living room. What are your favourite get-me-going tracks?

We might start an ipod playlist :D

favourite get going tracks :thinking2:'moves like jagger' , 'sweet home Alabama', always love playing air guitar to 'the final countdown'!! :D

Oh my god any music!!! Im really giving it some with the 70s at the moment, "everybody was kung fu fighting" ha ha.. just imagine...

I had a huge dance sesh the other day when She Sells Sanctuary by The Cult came on the radio! :)

Kung Fu Fighting - haha!!

Have to add Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger to be done when there's housework about.

Only just got around to catching up on this thread - Happy is our favourite just now, impossible not to move when we hear it! Just introduced my daughter to Ray Charles too - she has the coolest moves to I've Got a Woman :giggle:

9105 steps for me yesterday :eek::eek: most of my steps are done at work too, hence the low amounts at the weekend.

Just introduced my daughter to Ray Charles too - she has the coolest moves to I've Got a Woman :giggle:

Omg, that is just awesome, great song. My daughter went through a bit of a Fats Domino phase and I loved it. Kept thinking how proud my Dad would be to see it all. I think there has been a bit pf a 'musical taste' thing that's been passed down, tbh.
Anyway, Heard good ol' Teenage Kicks by The Undertones today and couldn't help but get up and groove a bit in front of my seemingly embarrassed toddler. (Isn't it a bit soon for that?)
My fave Undertones song is Get Over You tho, that's what I'd put on my playlist - a bit more jumpy-aroundy than the other one. :)

8369 steps for me yesterday :)

Love the Happy song!

10,110 steps yesterday, 44 flights of stairs. Busy day. :)

Love the Happy song!

10,110 steps yesterday, 44 flights of stairs. Busy day. :)

:worthy::worthy: bow down to you thats amazing. I only managed 6705 yesterday, but at least it's over the 6000 mark

I forgot to post my steps when I posted on here yesterday, har! It was over 12000 for the day before, but I can't remember the exact number. Whoo hoo. Yesterday I only managed about 8300. Was a bit stuck at home yesterday tho. And again today. Hoping to get some cooking done tho if and when the dude naps (right now he's lying in his crib yelling HIYA!! HIYA!!) so will crank up the tunes and get my groove on to up my steps.

The dude napped early yesterday, so I packed up a lunch for him and got us out of the house as soon as he was up!
So ran errands, shopped, fed ducks, baaaed at some sheep and little lambs that have randomly turned up on an empty grassy plot, went to the park - and even tho I spent the evening in the couch,still ended up with 13789 steps for the day. Much better than the previous day!

The dude napped early yesterday, so I packed up a lunch for him and got us out of the house as soon as he was up!
So ran errands, shopped, fed ducks, baaaed at some sheep and little lambs that have randomly turned up on an empty grassy plot, went to the park - and even tho I spent the evening in the couch,still ended up with 13789 steps for the day. Much better than the previous day!

Wow! More than 13,000 just for getting out of the house. That's awesome.

I find that if I can walk with madam in a pushchair then we can go for miles. If she's walking though, which she prefers, I do about 50 steps an hour. :)

Well I haven't been doing so well on the steps front over the last few days, pitiful amounts -
Sat - didn't record today for some unknown reason
Sun -3110
Mon -1823
Tues -4115

Must try harder me thinks !!!!:sigh:

Wed - 5828
Thur - 4754
Getting worse not better!!:confused:

Only 8700+ for me yesterday, cuz I was at work, however, I had TKD last night, and they made us RUN!
I haven't run like that for... years now probably. It included some sprinting, and then random stops and pushups, and sit ups, etc... my lungs we're burning and I was bright red, but it was awesome. Did loads of kicking and punching and even learned a pattern... so I'm glad I went. Think I got spooked by the last class.
Anyone else doing any new or random exercise?

Back