Mrs Potters Food Diary

Gem_bear

Silver Member
Hi Everyone!

I am new to this forum and fairly new to SW. So far have lost 5 pounds. Went a bit overboard on the syns last night but starting afresh today and beginning a green week for the first time, up until now have been doing EE.

So: Sun 6th Feb 2011 Start of Green week

B: Allbran (HEB) + Milk (HEA)
L: Mango, banana + Vanilla Muller light
T: Tonight will be either a syn free or low syn quorn spag bol..not sure of the recipe yet...any suggestions would be welcome! :D Please let me know if i am doing anything wrong!:D

Edit: adapted the SW Spag bol slightly and used quorn, also used passata instead of tinned tomatoes but think it would have been nicer with the chopped tomatoes.
Have used the rest of my milk allowance for tea + coffee. Also had green tea and sugar free cherryade.
A syn free day...I think!

Last edited:
Ha ha! Yeah thats defo not my usual lunch but i got up very late today so was really more of a snack b4 tea lol! xx

Hi Vixta!
I have been doing it for about a month, i thought i would have lost more as i exercise regularly but after reading some of the other girls experiences realise its probably because i dont have a lot to lose. I think anyway! How long have you been on SW and how are you finding it?
x

Hi Vixta!
I have been doing it for about a month, i thought i would have lost more as i exercise regularly but after reading some of the other girls experiences realise its probably because i dont have a lot to lose. I think anyway! How long have you been on SW and how are you finding it?
x

iv only been on it a week and 2days lol but i STS on my first weighin :( i think its cos i was on a low calorie diet for the 2 weeks b4 where i lost 8lbs so im hopin next week to have a good loss, and that its just my body gettin used to havin so much food after havin such little lol

im finding it really good, had some trouble at first usin my hea's and heb's but iv finaly started usin them now so hopefully that will help this week too :)

how u finding green days? xx

vixta1 said:
iv only been on it a week and 2days lol but i STS on my first weighin :( i think its cos i was on a low calorie diet for the 2 weeks b4 where i lost 8lbs so im hopin next week to have a good loss, and that its just my body gettin used to havin so much food after havin such little lol

im finding it really good, had some trouble at first usin my hea's and heb's but iv finaly started usin them now so hopefully that will help this week too :)

how u finding green days? xx

This is my first day on green! :) I think this week I'm going to try the speedy soup recipe and also make a quorn SW quiche which I'm quite looking forward to. I really want this to work cause I have always been a bit of a yo yo dieter, mainly on very low cal diets which just leave me hungry and ratty all the time! I like not feeling constantly starving lol! How did u decide to try SW? Xx

This is my first day on green! :) I think this week I'm going to try the speedy soup recipe and also make a quorn SW quiche which I'm quite looking forward to. I really want this to work cause I have always been a bit of a yo yo dieter, mainly on very low cal diets which just leave me hungry and ratty all the time! I like not feeling constantly starving lol! How did u decide to try SW? Xx

exactly the same reason as u! lol
sic of doin all these faddy diets and losin a few pounds then puttin them back on when i start eatin normal, this year i wanted to make it a permenent loss and get to my goal. want a whole new image by summer, want to be nice and slim and hav blonde hair! lol
so i started the year positive :) started the diet, and had my hair stripped from jet black, to light brown and im goin to have it high lightened as a treat everytime i lose half a stone as a treat haha x

vixta1 said:
exactly the same reason as u! lol
sic of doin all these faddy diets and losin a few pounds then puttin them back on when i start eatin normal, this year i wanted to make it a permenent loss and get to my goal. want a whole new image by summer, want to be nice and slim and hav blonde hair! lol
so i started the year positive :) started the diet, and had my hair stripped from jet black, to light brown and im goin to have it high lightened as a treat everytime i lose half a stone as a treat haha x

Aw that sounds like a fab idea! What's keeping me positive is the thought of going shopping for a new wardrobe! Can't wait! Well let me know how u get on with your next WI. Good luck sweetie x

Mon 7th Feb Green day 2

So i was at work today and then went to the gym. I'm up at 6 30 am and cant eat much at that time so just have something small. Today went like this:
B1: Muller light
B2:porridge (HEB) made with water and some milk (HEA) + a banana
L: One wholemeal slice of toast from a 800g loaf (HEB) + half a teaspoon of regular marge (1 syn?), small tin of baked beans, 2 quorn sausages and one egg scrambled.
S: some mango
D: Got home late so threw together left over bolognese + batchelors snack pot (tomato and herb), salad and tomatoes + 1 apple
Drinks: Diet coke, sugar free cherryade, water, tea (used the rest of my HEA)
Exercise: 45 min of cardio at the gym
So 1 syn today i think. Also i think i can use another HEA, so i could have maybe had cheese on my pasta??

Last edited:
Tue 8th Feb Green day 3

B: Allbran (HEB), 1%Milk (HEA), banana + blueberries
L: 3rd of a SW quorn sausage, broc, onion + tomato quiche that i just made mmmmmmm! + salad, tomato, cucumber + grapes (too big a portion?)
T: I am going to make the mixed veg chowmain from this months mag.
Drinks: So far tea, water + coffee
No syns yet but headning to the cinema tonight so may treat myself to either some popcorn or a wee glass of wine later.
Exercise: 45 minute spin class this morning

Ok, so made the chowmain and it was really good! Didnt have popcorn at the cinema. Instead had D coke and waited til i got home. Enjoyed 175ml glass of red wine + low fat cheese (HEA) + WW wholemeal Toast (HEB) yummy yummy... :)
Total syns: 6

Last edited:
Wed 9th Feb Green day 4

So today was another work day
B1: Activia Fat Free yoghurt
B2: Porridge (HEB) made with water + some semi skimmed milk. Then used the rest of my allowance for tea and coffee. Blackberries + blueberries
L: 3rd of SW quiche from yesterday, salad, tomato, cucumber, + banana
S: 2 slices of WW wholemeal (HEB) and one dairylea triangle (0.5 HEA)
D: Last night veg chowmain (quite a large plate of)
Drinks: Water, Dcoke, Tea and about 4 cups of coffee!
Exercise: 50 min of cardio at the gym
Syns: 0

I realised today that i have been having about 40g of porridge when i should be having 28g plus a rivita. Could this be effecting my weightloss?

Last edited:
Thurs 10th Feb Green day 5

B: Allbran (HEB) + Semi skimmed milk (HEA) + Banana
S: Large pear
L: Super speed soup (Delicious!), Reduced fat cheese (HEA) on 2 x WW Wholemeal toast
Plan for Dinner tonight i think will be quorn sausage + bean casserole with Mash and Veg
Syns: maybe 1-2 as OH makes awesome mash but uses low fat marg and milk in it.
Drinks: Water, tea so far
Exercise: Zumba :D tonight and maybe a spin, class numbers pending

NB: As per OH request dinner changed and instead i had 2 x quorn sausages, 2 x fried eggs (spray light of course), beans and SW Chips.
Also had a half (treat size) time out bar.
Syns: 4.5 i think for the timeout.
Excersise turned out to just be the zumba

WI tomo!

Last edited:
Gem_bear said:
Thurs 10th Feb Green day 5

B: Allbran (HEB) + Semi skimmed milk (HEA) + Banana
S: Large pear
L: Super speed soup (Delicious!), Reduced fat cheese (HEA) on 2 x WW Wholemeal toast
Plan for Dinner tonight i think will be quorn sausage + bean casserole with Mash and Veg
Syns: maybe 1-2 as OH makes awesome mash but uses low fat marg and milk in it.
Drinks: Water, tea so far
Exercise: Zumba :D tonight and maybe a spin, class numbers pending

WI tomo!

Hi Hun been looking at diary and it looks fab but u must have your 5-15 synd a day as if you don't it can actually cause you not to lose. Crazy I know!xxx

week 1: -0.5lbs ... :'(

I-will-be-yummy said:
Hi Hun been looking at diary and it looks fab but u must have your 5-15 synd a day as if you don't it can actually cause you not to lose. Crazy I know!xxx

Ok, I just can't help but feel like I'm cheating when I use them! Will be defo using some over the weekend tho. Thanks for taking a look Xx

Gem_bear said:
Ok, I just can't help but feel like I'm cheating when I use them! Will be defo using some over the weekend tho. Thanks for taking a look Xx

I know what u mean hun. I use my syns on things like Mayo, pickle, hot choc and the treat size crunches :) yummy!!xxx

Help!

:cry:

WI: lost 1 pound. :cry:followed by :mad::mad::mad:

Is it meant to be going this slowly? Am i doing this wrong? Is it the not enough syns thing? I had syns last weekend (which is from when i was doing EE and i wasnt on here then.) I had plenty of syns, wine and a takeaway! Was going to have some more this wkend but now i don know! I mean i have exercised my ass of this week too!

Fri 11th Feb EE today

B: 2x Weetabix (HEB) + Semi skimmed milk (HEA) + Blueberries and raspberrys
L: Super speed soup + roasted veg pasta pot shot
S: half a mango
D: Not sure yet, maybe omlette and SW chips

Edit: Dinner changed quite a bit, ended up having bachelors savory chicken rice )which i am hoping was free) + peas and broc
Also had a mullerlite
and about 4-5 glasses of cava (20 syns?)

Just realised that this is really more of a green day

Last edited:
:cry:

WI: lost 1 pound. :cry:followed by :mad::mad::mad:

Is it meant to be going this slowly? Am i doing this wrong? Is it the not enough syns thing? I had syns last weekend (which is from when i was doing EE and i wasnt on here then.) I had plenty of syns, wine and a takeaway! Was going to have some more this wkend but now i don know! I mean i have exercised my ass of this week too!

u have done better than me :( i stayed the same AGAIN! :cry:

Hi Gem,

Thought I would look you up after you posted on my diary. Don't know if you saw the message I left but I was the same as you - lost sooo slowly (in fact on my first weigh-in I GAINED a lb!)

I would suggest you just stick with it - it does come off in the end even if you're not having as big gains as some other people. Slowly is better I think because you form good habits, get used to the plan and are more likely to keep it off.

Also can I recommend drinking loads of water. I mean loads. 5 pints a day.

Hope that helps. Annoying when it's slow isn't it? But you will get there :) I'm near my target now and since starting drinking loads of water I've had my best and most consistent losses!

xxxx

Back