Mrs Potters Food Diary

I'd say a well deserved vino hun :party0036:

You are doing really well on the water too.

Can I ask which recipe you follow for the super speed soup??

Hi Ali, thank you! I got the recipe from the super speed soup thread, this is it here:

Super Speed Soup

1 can mixed bean salad
1 can green lentils
2 cans chopped tomatoes
1 can baked beans
Handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
1 large onion
4 large carrots
2 parsnips
Green, red or yellow pepper
2 beef stock cubes
Salt & pepper
Mixed herbs
Water (enough to cover all ingredients)

Chop all veg and put everything in pan, cover with water bring to boil and simmer until veg are soft.

Can be left chunky or blended.

I left out the pepper and i blendid it, its quite sweet but filling and i really liked it and so did the OH. Beware for wind though! I was a bit worried after my first bowl full but my body got used to it quite quickly! phew! lol!

xxx

Feb 19th Red Day

Today has ended up being a red day which i am quite happy with as trying to fit some in.

B: Missed as went to the gym for some body combat :D
L: Bacon and egg sandwich (2 x small wholemeal ofcourse HEB)+ ketchup (1 syn) with coffee (milk inc HEA), some grapes
snack: 1 pear
D: Is to be chicken breast with SW coleslaw (1 syn), salad and SW chips (HEB + 2 syn as using olive oil)
Drinks: need to get in more water but so far 750ml, coffeex 2 EDIT: another 750 ml of water,
Exersise: Body combat
Syns so far 2 but having wine tonight, so will prob be around the 20 mark :( Ah well i have to enjoy myself!

EDIT: 2 x small glasses of red wine (12 syns), apple + inpirations mullerlight (0.5)
Total syns: 16.5 today, 17.5/70 for the week

Last edited:
Well i am feeling a bit glum (hee hee glum!) today. Money is a bit tight and i am heading to Edin on Wed for a memorial service, i was meant to be going over on sat for some 6 nations rugby anyway so i am going to stay. I am worried about how i am going to stick to the plan while i am away, 5 whole days eek! If anyone has any ideas i would really appreciate it. Its going to be constant eating out and drinking and i am soooo worried!

Heading to Lidle for some cheap fruit and veg in a bit. Does anyone else find this diet quite expensive at times? Maybe i just have expensive taste! At least thats what OH says! Anyway onto to todays plan.

Feb 20th Green Day

B: Weetabix + milk (HEA + HEB), grapes + activia FF yog
L: Cheese toastie (HEA +HEB), salad + SW coleslaw (1 syn)
D: Think it will be SW veg chowmain but not sure yet.

Will update later re syns and drinks

Edit: approx 1000ml x water, 2 x coffee, 1 x tea + milk ( as hea as.didn't have much cheese). Miller light inspirations (0.5 syns)
Syns:1.5

Last edited:
Mon 21st Feb

B1: activia FF snack pot (anyone know if these r defo free?)
B2: weetabix + semi skimmed milk (hea + heb), banana + blueberries
L: cheese (hea) + SW coleslaw (0.5 syn) sandwich (heb) + HM sweet potato, carrot and parsing soup
Snack: grapes
D: to be veg chowmain from last night
Drinks: coffee x 3 with milk (about 2 syns), water x 1500 ml
Edit: small glass of red wine 6 syns
Syns: 8.5
Total: 27/70

Last edited:
Mon 21st Feb

B1: activia FF snack pot (anyone know if these r defo free?)
B2: weetabix + semi skimmed milk (hea + heb), banana + blueberries
L: cheese (hea) + SW coleslaw (0.5 syn) sandwich (heb) + HM sweet potato, carrot and parsing soup
Snack: grapes
D: to be veg chowmain from last night
Drinks: coffee x 3 with milk (about 2 syns), water x 1500 ml

Activia FF yogurt is deffo free :D I love these x Can't stand muller yogurts :jelous:

You're doing ever so well on the water hun ... and you've hardly had any syns lately ... are you saving them up for Edin?

Have a good trip. Try to be good ;) Don't beat yourself up if you can't stick to the plan - that's the way it goes sometimes :)

Ali* said:
Activia FF yogurt is deffo free :D I love these x Can't stand muller yogurts :jelous:

You're doing ever so well on the water hun ... and you've hardly had any syns lately ... are you saving them up for Edin?

Have a good trip. Try to be good ;) Don't beat yourself up if you can't stick to the plan - that's the way it goes sometimes :)

Hi Ali,

What I love about the activias is they r so thick and creamy! Delish! It would be amazing if they did some more dessert like ones as muller do. I don't mind the muller ones, especially the insperations but an activia version would be soooo good!
Yes i am trying really hard to save syns for Edinburgh, altho need to edit tonights diary as I had wine :). I am going to try my best in Edinburgh. Don't know exactly how but think I will decide on which plan by what I'm doing each day and try to save two heath extras for eating out minimise the syns as I think a lot of wine will be consumed!
Thanks for your support! Will hopefully keep this diary up while I am away x

22nd Feb Green day today!

B: 2 x toast (HEB) with kerry low low marg (2 syn?) + activia snack pot
L: OH made a lovely cheese (HEA) and wholemeal pasta salad with SW coleslaw (1 syn) and beetroot
D: Omlette and SW chips :D
Exersise: Not long home from the gym, did 55 min of cardio including a 3.5 k run in 20 min 30 secs! Proud of myself as it usually takes me about 35 min to do 5 k. Altho treadmill running is generally easier...still happy with that though!
Drinks 2 x tea with milk (HEA), water x 1000ml and a D coke :D
Edit: another 500ml of water, banana + mullerlight yog
Syns: 3
Syns this week so far: 30/70

Last edited:
23rd Feb 2011

I had to WI this morning as i wont have anywhere to do it on Fri. So 2 days early and....i lost 1 pound! :D I am very happy, i also feel a lot better now i'm not putting so much pressure on myself to lose 3 pounds every week. I realise that it will come off slowly and i am ok with that. Plus i love eating SW style.

I have started today with weetabix and semi skimmed milk (HEA + HEB) + blueberries and Tea.
L: I think HM sweet potato, carrot and parsnip soup and a Tom + herb pasta shot

That should leave me two HEAS if this turns into a green or red day or it can be an EE depending on what i eat for tea which i am hoping wont be too bad! I feel really anxious about going away today and not having a clue what i am going to eat for the next 5 days. :(

vixta1 said:
hey girlie looks like your doin really well!
whens your weigh in next friday isi? xx

It's meant to be but I weighted in today instead. When's yours?

I am at the airport just now and I have to say I am showing great restraint! Not only have I avoided the Starbucks skinny muffins but also the duty free clarins stand! Hurrah for me!
Xx

Gem_bear said:
23rd Feb 2011

I had to WI this morning as i wont have anywhere to do it on Fri. So 2 days early and....i lost 1 pound! :D I am very happy, i also feel a lot better now i'm not putting so much pressure on myself to lose 3 pounds every week. I realise that it will come off slowly and i am ok with that. Plus i love eating SW style.

I have started today with weetabix and semi skimmed milk (HEA + HEB) + blueberries and Tea.
L: I think HM sweet potato, carrot and parsnip soup and a Tom + herb pasta shot

That should leave me two HEAS if this turns into a green or red day or it can be an EE depending on what i eat for tea which i am hoping wont be too bad! I feel really anxious about going away today and not having a clue what i am going to eat for the next 5 days. :(

So for dinner we went to a really nice restaurant in Edinburgh.(that I can't remember the name of) and the best choice on the menu seemed to be this, so I went for it:
baked peppers stuffed with spiced couscous, feta cheese and salad. It was lovely! I had my two healthy extras saved so any thoughts on syns? I really don't know. I also had a small red wine (6 syns) and a coors light ? Syns for this? I'm thinkin about 6 again
Syns today (not inc dinner) 12
Total: 42/70

Last edited:
Oh goodness I feel awful today! Yesterday consisted of:

1 banana
Small bottle of.magners
Small red wine x 5
Baked potato with beans and cheese
3 shots of jager
Havana club rum and d coke
Havana club rum and coke x 3
Another red wine
Oh goodness! Well it was old friends together celebrating the life of another old friend who is no longer with us so I knew it easy going to be messy. I think I had control until the first jager.

Today I don't know what to do. So far:
B: 1 x wholemeal toast (large slice heb), laughing cow cheese spread triangle x 1 (part hea) 2x Bacon with fat cut off after it was cooked, poached egg + a banana. Coffee with milk (part of hea)
I'm finding this quite hard. Feel very out of control! I don't want to go "off plan" as I don't feel comfortable with that but its not looking good!

Hello!! Dear dear I can't believe how bad I have been, the last 3 days have consisted of:
Pesto pasta, Rose wine, Indian curry, jagermeister shots, baby Guinness shots, gin and (slim) tonics, full Scottish breakfast, cider, beer,Guinness, cheese burger and chips...I could continue but u get the idea!
Today I am back ON IT as best I can while I travel back to Belfast that is:
B: ready brek and banana (hea + heb)
L: chicken and brie (hea) salad
D: no idea yet but will do my best to keep it in with a red day would be best today given how terrible the last few days have been. Also need to drink a ridiculous amount of water today as my pee is currently the colour of irn bru. ugh!!

Last edited:
I am so hungry! If anyone has any ideas of what I could eat on a red day from a ferry restaurant/canteen I would love to here it!

So last night was a nightmare, nothing I could eat on the ferry that I wouldn't feel terrible about so I had nothing. Got home and had scrambled egg on toast (heb) so at least I got something. Did crap on the water front tho but today I am making up for it. Having a totally sucky day at work and feeling quite miserable to be honest. Food wise though, I'm doing good:
B1: FF yog
B2: porridge + semi skimmed milk + water (hea + heb) strawberries, blueberries + coffee
L: hm sweet potato, carrot and parsnip soup + cheese toastie (hea + heb), mango + water
Don't know what's for tea yet, prob pasta sauce + veg. Hopefully heading to the gym after work
Edit:
D: Chicken and mushroom pasta n sauce (75ml of milk i need to syn) with broccoli
Went for a quick trip to the gym and did 30 min X trainer and 10 min treadmill
Drinks: water x 2000ml, 2 x coffee (wow thats really good for me!)

I am rethinking my goal at the moment, i checked and at my current goal my BMI will only be 20, i didnt realise it would be so low and not sure i could actually sustain it? Would my OH actually know what to do with me if i was that thin?! ;) I think i might be better going for a far healthier BMI of 22. Was i being a bit unrealistic when i set my goal? I am not 18 anymore after all. Although i will never know until i get there i suppose!

Last edited:
Ali* said:
Oh that has made me smile :D

Now get back to it - or else! :whoopass:

Thanks Ali! I am very much ON IT! :)

Love the sound of your lunch! Well done for getting back on it!

Back