MrsDannyDyer's now proud Mummy to baby Jessica :)

Had a lovely day yesterday. OH was going to perth on business so me and dd went with him. we spent time in the park while he had a meeting then we went a walk and had something to eat.

Sickness is awful. Bought a anti sickness band today from the shop fingers x this helps, as im actually beginning to feel miserable about being pregnant which is a shame cause this will be my last baby.

Phoned my docs today and asked to have an app with a midwife and she gave me one for 2moro!! Couldnt believe i got one so quick. Guess there not busy in my area at the moment. Weird time to my app is at 9.24. Dreading it because of my weight. One of the reasons ive put it off. Plus if u read on the other thread about showing a neighbour of my parents asked me if i was pregnant today. it got me so down. i look 9 months pregnant not nearly 7 weeks. god know what ill look like at 9 months!!

((hugs)) glad you got a midwife appointment - very bizarre time though! lol hope your not 30 seconds late! lol

Perth sounds lovely, I loved working and living in that area. :) We are thinking of staying somewhere around there for a night and driving up the east coast when we go to Nairn in the summer ;).

Hope the sickness eases soon, really is awful when you're ill isn't it ((Hugs)).

Dont think ive been up this early since b4 i found out i was pg. Been so tired at nite going to bed at 9 the last few nites. wot a turn around from not sleeping!! wish the sickness would have a turn around now too. Well better get ready for the midwife. OH is looking after DD so im off myself. Didnt want her coming along and listening to everything until we are sure everything is going well enough.

Aww hun, still early days for the sickness but hope it eases off sooner rather than later.
Good luck for the midwife :)

Hi everyone. Had a wasted journey to the midwife on friday. Waited ages to see her. Dont no why as i found out she only had 3 ppl to see and i was d last. Got in and she said u need to be refered by a gp to the midwife now. So she took my bp that was fine. Then i was told if i waited another 20 mins i could see a doc. So did that. He was really nice. Asked if i keep well normally any concerns etc. i said my weight was my main concern. and he said forget that for now. come back and see him after buba is born. just advised a good healthy diet and less is more. 1st time id seen this doc and he was lovely. So thats me been refered. MW said baby due 22nd jan, so i was a day out but that id get a booking app in the post and a scan app in the post and they would go by the scan date.

Still feeling awful. doc wouldnt give me anything for it. but to go back after 12 weeks if still d same. Been so tired as well, fell asleep at 9 last nite with DD. WOke at 11.45 and found OH watching a movie on his own on a sat nite lol so sat with him til the movie finished then headed back to bed. Had been out for a trip with my DD and the girls brigade yesterday. No wonder i was so tired, u forget how much being pregnant tires u out.

Only other thing to report is a small brown patch on the tip of my nose. double the size of a freckle and a diffrent shape. not sure if pregnancy related or sun!!!

Hope everyone else is feeling better than i am. xx

What a busy day i had yesterday. DD had her 1st trip with the nursery. Then had to go to the skool 15 miles away DS is going to (new one is being built and they get decanted everyday) to arrange new uniform school are having when new school opens in aug. Then went out for lunch and a walk for 1.5 hours with oh. DD had swimming lessons. Its gala week here this week. Took DD to see the magician, then there was a duck race and pipe bands on. Didnt get home until 9.30. Boy was i shattered.

Today things have been a bit calmer. Walked DD to nursery, going to collect her shortly. Dancing tonite. Will try and do some window spotting as well. 80 shops to do! 5 done so far lol Feeling much better today. Not 100% but not as bad as i have been. Still gagging when i smell some things but not actually having the sickness.

Diet has gone to pot. Cant eat much but just eating what i fancy. Havent gained or lost. Hoping to get my appetite back when i go on holiday at d beginning for july

Felt pretty bad today. OH came home early from work and i was sick everywhere! Then when i was brushing my teeth it started again. After we took DD 2 nursery we did go a walk. It was tough and i struggled to keep up today, but glad I managed it. Went shopping tonite to get a new pair of jeans. Only have one pair of jeans and one pair of combats for day to day that feel comfortable at the moment. Ended up spending a fortune on clothes for DD. She does love her fashion for a 4 year old lol

Went into mamas n papas. It was great having a wee look round all the bugggies!

Just noticed on my pedometer too that i walked almost 19000 steps today!!! earned 7.5 points if i were doing ww

Oooh we're getting a mamas n papas one, they are lovely aren't they? Have to avoid that shop lol, my bank balance can't take it!

Well done on the steps, thats some going!

Got my booking app in for fri 19th at 9am!!! Its 10 miles away too. Have to take a urine sample. and in the letter i got a booklet explaining the blood tests they will do during pregnancy. It does say 1st part of app will be with a midwife. wonder whos doing the 2nd part??

Aww u will. Ante natal cares not up to much until ur much further along. AT least u have ur scan to look forwars to. I havent got a date for that yet

you sure will Kirsty.. give it time, my midwives don't do booking in till after 10 weeks.
Have you spoken to your GP to be referred to the midwife team?

Mrs D.. glad you got your appointment, remember a choc bar for after those tests! lol

hmm they can be like that can't they! I don't see mine now till the 1st July - I'll be 15 weeks, and won't see her much as am not having the downs testing or anything.

It's something to ask your midwife about if you want the testing, she may be assuming you will have it.

Had my booking app with the midwife. It lasted an hour n a half!!!

She went through the pregnancy book asking all the questions. Even asking if me and dad were related lol never been asked that b4. Me not thinking about the question i said yes. Well we are family lol then i realised what she meant!!

Went through past pregnancies/deliveries etc

Took bp, bloods, weight. And im now down to 231 woo hoo so have lost 14lbs since i found out i was pregnant. Which is fantastic as i really havent been trying. Not since the 1st week anyway. And i was weighed with my jacket and trainers on. So happy with that. BMI is down to 40.5. Better than it was.

She did say i was a high risk so would be speaking to consultant/anethitist in advance. She said it was because ive had PND in past and platelet problems after last birth, but quickly put in bmi. I new it was bmi related. But if weight continues to drop off a stone a month and i got down another 2 or 3 stone id be happy with that while pregnant.

So for now ill have to drive to clinic i was at which is miles away n u pay for parking. But she said if the consultant is happy with me we can then be seen at my local docs which will be so much better as me and DD had to leave at 8.30 this morning to get there. Got my big bounty preg info pack. So will have plenty reading to do tonight.

Last edited:
I no i was thinking about u as i was looking at clock. I was starving and wishin mine lasted 5 mins!!

Ive not got my scan date in yet. But not that bothered as i had one on monday. BUt she said it should have been in by now. so if not in in the next 2 weeks ive to fone. But by then ill be on holiday, so will prob be later b4 i get mine. Plus im planning on going private for a sex scan. as they dont do this in my hospital. so unless i can get in while im at work ive found a place in glasgow that does it.

My next app with mw is 4th aug i think. 9.15!!! why do they have to be so early?

Well done on the weight loss hun and the appointments will soon come around. :)
My next midwife appointment is 5th July, which was 5 weeks from my last but is approaching fast. :) I'll be 16 weeks then - hard to believe sometimes.

Feeling heaps better. Not got that sick feeling 24/7. Was at the swing park on friday nite and was chasing my OH and then i was sick there in the park. Was so embarassed. Then was sick after brushing my teeth yesterday. But once ive been sick i feel fine inbetween so thats much better.

Dont feel pregnant when the sickness is not there, so u forget n do silly things like running in the park lol

Had a busy weekend with DD. She had a party on saturday. When we dropped her off me n OH had a lovely pub lunch. It was nice just d 2 of us.

OH wants us to go abroad in august. Ive already got a holiday booked with the kids while hes working. I thought we would just take our caravan somewhere when it was our holiday time. Dont fancy going abroad n feeling all fat n frumpy on the beach. ANyway wil c what happens

Back