MrsQuadkon's EE diary

I can window shop in my own wardrobe lol, I've got a few things still with tags on that I bought in the January sales but seemed tight, some daring people would probably squeeze into them but I just wouldn't be comfortable. I'm hoping to fit into them nicely soon lol

Lol! I know what you mean..I've got a wardrobe like that! You will feel great when you wear something comfortably rather than squeezing into it! My donut dilemma has passed for today...kk is opposite our hotel...there is an hour and a half queue for donuts! No donut is worth that! Heading into the city..will do lots of walking today and will allow myself a cocktail later...happy days x

Oh dear ladies...it is confession time! Did lots of walking round the city yesterday and made some good food choices. Really enjoyed a mai tai cocktail. BUT...this morning the queue at krispy kremes was short and my willpower was low and mu desire was strong! So...breakfast has been delicious but not at all on plan. :( Am going to a country park today for a very long walk!

Biffy you've done really well! A weekend away for me, and I dare say most on here, would usually be like a continuous buffet lol. I had a bad day yesterday, ended up having kebab and ice cream :( going to try extra hard over the next few days and hopefully the scales will be kind to me on wednesday

Its so difficult at the wkend when routine goes out the window isn't it? Just had another meal out..Thai curry. Needed a wee choc fix after and found a mini malteaster bunny in my handbag :) Now heading to see Milton Jones so maybe will laugh off a few calories!
Back to proper food diary tomorrow.
I feel without this forum my wkend could have been much much worse!

You've definitely done well Hun, sounds like a fab weekend you're having x

Oh dear ladies...it is confession time! Did lots of walking round the city yesterday and made some good food choices. Really enjoyed a mai tai cocktail. BUT...this morning the queue at krispy kremes was short and my willpower was low and mu desire was strong! So...breakfast has been delicious but not at all on plan. :( Am going to a country park today for a very long walk!

I would have given in too! I love their doughnuts!

They are good aren't they Sarg?!
Now I'm home my son can polish off the rest
Well its Monday,back to the plan...good luck ladies x

They are good aren't they Sarg?!
Now I'm home my son can polish off the rest
Well its Monday,back to the plan...good luck ladies x

Sons do have the tendency to like to polish off anything thats going!

I make a dozen muffins every week just for him! (using bananas, and wholemeal flour - like to think they are a little healthier for him than shop brought! LOL)

Yes back to it as its Monday, I was not good over the weekend, far too many syns! but at least with my WI being Friday, I have a chance to redeem myself! I have worked out that i can have 6 syns a day, and then I will not be over the 105 syns for the week. Not sure this theory works, but I know some peeps do it this way, rather than daily.

Ooh, banana muffins sound good Sarg, and as you say, at least you know what is in them.
I think your idea about syns is a good form of damage limitation for weekends. I think I might try something like that. I could probably manage 7 syns a day during the week which would let me have a Freddo and a Highlights hot choc...its all about the chocolate! In syn emergencies I could swap the Freddo for a mini malteaser bunny which are 3 syns!

I think quite a few people do the 105 syns a week rather than 15 a day. It does sound good, but I need my 3 freddos a day lol. Getting nervous about weigh in on Wednesday lol, the scales were nice to me earlier to say I went off plan on Saturday, just hoping it stays that way!

Well here goes with the food diary for today. Hasn't been the best of starts to the week. No shopping in, no soup made and my son lost his bus ticket and student card so that entailed a rescue lift from me and I didn't get to make my normal breakfast. I have no excuses for the wee pieces of leftover donuts except that my son hasn't eaten them quickly enough and they were there! Must do better tomorrow!
Breakfast-A Greggs bacon roll and white coffee :eek:
Lunch-Half a carton of Morrisons Tomato & Basil Soup with 3 ryvita crackerbread
FF yog with kiwi fruit and satsuma
Piece of a donut
:(
Tea-Diet coke chicken with rice
Piece of a donut :cry:
Evening-glass of milk and 2 tea biscuits

Not even going to try and calculate syns!
:mad:

Biffy! Come on you've had fun now lol

i had a good day yesterday with poached egg, toast and mushrooms for 'brunch', muller light and fruit, gammon, mixed veg and cheesy chips for tea and my daily freddos lol

Yes, you are right Mrs Q, its time to step away from the donuts! My only problem for today is that I'm going out for dinner with a friend. Going Italian so will steer away from pizza and creamy sauces. Wish I could be like the people in the SW magazine who say the plan fitted in so well with their lifestyle and they never felt deprived...I'm not quite there yet! Of and did I mention that this Italian has the most delicious red wine!
Have just had a long walk on the beach with the dog so hopefully that will help!
Breakfast-2 poached eggs and 1 slice bread
Mid morning-Coffee made with skimmed milk
Lunch-Homemade chicken and rice soup with one slice bread
FF yog with fresh pineapple

By the way, hadn't thought of using hexa to make cheesy chips...must try that!

Last edited:
I found the 'recipe' on here, it's under 'look what I just found' in the recipe section, basically it's potatoes cut into chips, put them in a bowl spray with fry light and toss them about to coat, then add a teaspoon of paprika, 1/4tsp of garlic powder, 1/4tsp of onion powder, 1/4tsp of chilli powder and 1/8tsp of cumin, toss them about to coat, put them in the oven for 180(fan) until they seem ready (I don't pay much attention to actual times as its never right for me) then put them into an oven dish, sprinkle with cheese and pop them back into the oven until the cheese has melted. We've had them a few times now they're lovely

Infact we had them again today lol

Def going to make these, thanks!
Bit of a mixed night. Chose a good main course, spaghetti with prawns and garlic. But oh dear, led astray and had a banana brandy snap basket with ice cream...very yummy. Glass of red wine and white coffee. Def no more food fun this week!
Good luck with the scales tomorrow Mrs Q

Mmm sounds lovely, I'm getting very tempted by things lately "/ managing to resist but dunno for how long!

Just weighed and I've lost 1.5lbs this week! Gutted as the other day I was 2.75 down!! Total loss to date 9.5lbs

Last edited:
Back