Munkypooh- I don't NEED to be a size 10 really....

Phew.....I was so tired that I slept through till nearly 3pm as I hadn't set an alarm....no gym visit today as it was too late once I'd got myself going!

Will go to gym tomorrow...honest :)

Was brave and weighed myself today to see how I'd got on after a week in Spain with no real idea of the calories in the random set meals I was given. I'm almost exactly the same weight as when I left, plus it's TOTM so could have even lost a lb or so- phew!!

Going out for a meal at a friends house tonight, her and her bf do WW so I'm not too worried about that, but I will go to the gym anyway and exercise myself a few extra calories off incase I need them :)

Hope anyone reading this is well and having a good day :)

Thats great you didn't have a gain, your obviously getting to grips with portion sizes etc... Well done.

Thanks minime :)

All I need to do now is get the ball back rolling the right way!

This is about the 3rd time I've reached 10st (the lowest weight I've been for the last 4 years) now, and this is when I usually get complacent and let a bit start creeping back on as I feel a bit better about myself. It is different this time though as I've got my birthday promise to myself to keep me going...only 3 more weeks of dieting and then I've got to stop and buy my new wardrobe - so it's now or never, time to stop farting about!!!

you'll get there hon. no worries!! you've done really well not to gain while you were away. think you may have cracked the maintenance mindset this time!! just remember, when you buy those clothes, you can keep them for years. just keep trying them on to see if they still fit :D

abz xx

you'll get there hon. no worries!! you've done really well not to gain while you were away. think you may have cracked the maintenance mindset this time!! just remember, when you buy those clothes, you can keep them for years. just keep trying them on to see if they still fit :D

abz xx

I will be keeping them for years!! I won't be able to afford any more, so it's keep slim, or go out naked :eek:

think that's going to be my maintenance plan too :D the threat of humiliation through nakedness :D hee.

abz xx

That was close.... I just had a few moments of looking into the kitchen cupboards for food that I shouldn't be eating..... :eatdrink051:
Luckily I managed to remind myself to STOP IT!!! Just had a few of the prawns out of my salad for dinner later and settled back at the computer....why do I do this to myself!!!??? :confused:

According to the scales this morning I have broken the 10st landmark for the first time in about 5 years (only by half a pound though!!). I've not changed my ticker yet though as I do fluctuate a lot and don't want to find it goes on again!

I have old fashioned scales with a dial, so I can see I'm only a hair's breadth from 10st still but hey!!

If I don't ever lose any more I can just buy some digital scales and bask in the glory of being 9st 13 from now on!! lol :D

ha. the NINES!! i don't remember being in the nines since i was about 11. ha. amazing honey. you go for it. you are so so so close now :D

abz xx

I've been worrying a lot about what I'm going to do this time to ensure I maintain, and don't fall into the trap of yoyo-ing again like I have in the past....

I think I need to get a bit more support and structure to my plan, so I think I am going to join WW.

I do also feel like my plan of setting my birthday as an end to dieting has backfired!! The idea was that it would make me either lose the last stone, or accept myself as I am....actually it has made me feel really under pressure and start to get a bit obsessive about it all. :(
I would rather take that pressure off, and get my new wardrobe at Christmas! In the long-term I think the weight will be more likely to stay off, and hopefully I will stop feeling like this :help2:

you are doing the right thing honey. ww will help you learn how to maintain your weight whilst introducing healthy things and let you get used to your new size and shape. you are well within your healthy bmi range so i think you deserve to take it a little easier :)

abz xx

Yeah, you are right...
I'm going to my first session on Monday, I think it will be good to do, as a couple of my friends go, and I can see that they are eating really healthily and losing weight sensibly :)

if your friends go it could be quite nice socially too, and not really like you are dieting at all. good for you hon.

abz xx

if your friends go it could be quite nice socially too, and not really like you are dieting at all. good for you hon.

abz xx

That's what I'm hoping really, that it will be good socially, and also be more like a lifelong plan to help me maintain. I hope to start out on a point level that allows me to get to target sensibly, and then really gradually build up my points until I know what my daily needs are. My biggest worry is maintaining, as I've stuffed it up so many times in the past!!

you know munky... i have always wanted to ask... even though it's best not to... how long has your long-term ticker taken? :D

and oh my god. is it really only one month, one week and 3 days until christmas? aargh.

abz xx

8 years!!!!!
I went from 16st to 9st between 2000 and 2002. So I actually reached target in less than 2 years...but...

Then yoyo-ed between 9st and 12st for the next 6 years - depressing......

For example - this year I was 12st 3 in Feb, 10st by July, 10st 10 in September, and 10st again now....aarrggh!!!!

Am now desperate to get to target again and maintain....for good!!

well it's been about 6-7 years since i've been the size i was happy with. and i've lost the same couple of stone and regained it the entire time, or at least i thought, and then realised i was actually close to 17 stone and it was panic stations then. so i'm with you on that one hon :)

abz xx

:vibes: I'm sure we'll both do it for good this time :) :vibes:

Back