Munkypooh- I don't NEED to be a size 10 really....

Eek...just re-read my post, and that does sound weird. I've got to set off in a few hours to go for my appointment..... :hide:

I wonder if it'd be better to just say the literal things I want rather than the more psychological stuff, after all hypnosis isn't the same as psychology really?? or is it?? :confused:

I suppose the simplest way of explaining what I want is saying that I'd like help to focus properly and follow my diet until my birthday, then I would like support to maintain my weight without getting too obsessed, or not bothered enough and letting it creep back on........

Starting to wish I'd not booked this!! :psiholog:

Off in 30 mins, going to write things down so I don't ramble.....

fingers crossed....by the time I get home I will no longer feel the need to break my diet every 48 hours!!!!

Hi Kirsty!

It was really good actually. Mainly her getting a full picture of my situation, with a short session of relaxation hypnotherapy at the end. I did feel like it would be worth continuing. She said I am a "rather unusual case" (that means I'm special :crazy:) so she wanted to carefully consider the types of suggestions etc she would use. I do have quite a lot of "issues", and she was very sensitive to that, and wanted to make sure she took everything into consideration.

I hadn't told my OH about going until afterwards, as I thought he'd think it was silly. When I told him he said he'd be happy to pay for more sessions to stop me being so anxious and chill out!
So if he's paying I think I'll go through every issue, one at a time!!! Get fully 'normalised' !! :psiholog:

I'm going to start to post my goal/s for the day every morning, or perhaps the night before.

I will check back in at the end of the day to say whether I succeeded today or not. :devilangel:

I really do need to feel that someone is checking up on me at the moment!!! Even if nobody has replied in the thread, I can see from the number of views that someone must have witnessed my pledge, and therefore I must behave!! :innocent0001:

Todays pledge =

I am not feeling very well so nothing too ambitious for today...

I will stick within my Food Focus calorie limit (1029).
No cheating, no lying to myself, no optimistic guesses of calories!!

Success???

AARRGGHH!:cry:

Why is it so difficult!!!:confused:

I cooked tea for my boyf, except he didn't like something I'd put in it and didn't want to eat it....

(random item apparently brought round by his parents that ended up in the cupboard-so I assumed he bought it-they keep doing this! bringing round stuff we don't want:confused:never anything useful!)

......anyway, I sat down and was about to eat it so it didn't go to waste, even though I knew it was not going to be within my day's calories. Had a sudden moment of clarity and threw it in the bin. Went and made my tuna salad instead.....

So essentially I succeeded, but still feel like a total freak for throwing away a decent healthy meal that I liked the taste of, just because it wasn't quite the right number of calories!!

Ho Hum....just in a funny mood at the moment I suppose...:sigh:

I'll see how much longer it lasts!!
One day at a time at the moment :)

Friday's pledge -

Edit - changed plan as I'm not feeling good again this morning :sick:

--I will adhere to my Food Focus calories today--

Nothing more than that-no energy for exercise, and I certainly wont be going out for the staff-do tonight now...early night!
It's my boyf's birthday party on Saturday so I need to get better, ready to be a half decent host!!

Last edited:
I feel poo!!!!! :wave_cry:

(not literally or I'd get dirty hands....) :eek:

Got a real sense of humour bypass about most things today, just wallowing in self-pity cos I'm a bit run down and ill.... :cry: pathetic woman I am....

Munky Pooh I hope you're feeling better. I'm sure your ticker's changed - did you weigh yourself? 9lbs to go is amazing! Even if you only lost 2lbs that's just half a stone above your 'ideal' weight - and sometimes you need to re-evaluate why that 'ideal' is so important. I know the best I ever thought I looked was 8st 2lb - for my wedding - but it was IMPOSSIBLE to maintain, so I've had to accept that I'm not made to be that weight.
Sorry, I'll shut up now, and anyway that's only assuming you don't lose it all in time for your birthday and with your willpower you probably will!!
I do keep an eye on your diary, you're an inspiration!

Hope you are feeling better today MP and are up to enjoying the party. Will raise a glass (or cup, seeing as I'm on the coffee) to you and your bf at the Bournemouth meet this alvo

Hi there,

Yes I was naughty yesterday...I was feeling cheesed off so I thought I'd weigh-in as I KNEW I'd lost so thought it'd cheer me up!
My ticker is down another 2lbs this morning as I weighed in at the proper time when I got up.....and had finally had a....ahem...I feel it has been well mentioned in other threads recently!!! So only 7lbs to go to target and 5 weeks to do it!

I do have a weeks holiday now, plus a working week abroad with a school group the following week, so I'll have to be careful...I'm now back at the weight I was in July...before I went on holiday last time and put 10lbs back on in a month!!!!! Must not do that again!!! If I can lose 1-2lbs in the combined hols time (until 7th November) then focus properly on the 5/6lbs when I get back that should be ok.......

I am still feeling a bit rough, (especially due to an ill-timed 2 glasses of wine last night)....but getting going with prep for the party will shake that off I hope!

Thanks for your support!

Well.....the party was good. Nibbled a lot, drank a fair old bit of wine:rolleyes:......
On sunday we had a meal out with friends planned as it was the actual day of bf's birthday....then we ended up at his folks for ANOTHER MEAL in the evening!!
I don't think it's possible but the scales say I've gained 3lbs in 2 days!!!! grrr

Gotta behave this week and stop scale-hopping!

Right chaps!

I'm heading up to Yorkshire for a half-term break in the morning so it will be all quiet on the Munkypooh front until Sunday!

Good luck for the week to all peeps kind enough to drop in on my ramblings!

xxx

Have a lovely time away :) xx

I did, Thank you!

I'm back for a few hours, and then on my way to Barcelona with my A'Level Art students...:eek:

Worried...but I'm sure it'll be ok.....:confused:

I don't imagine for a second that I've lost even 1lb this week! Been quite bad....:break_diet:

I'm going to have a really good 3 weeks (till my b'day) when I get home on friday, gym every day, etc etc....honest.....

Good grief......I'm back in one piece....apart from shattered nerves :wavey:

Will be getting back on track tomorrow...promise to myself for the day will be put into words in the morning, when I'm not too tired to write sentences that make sense anymore!! :nightf:

Back