Munkypooh- I don't NEED to be a size 10 really....

It's actually 14lbs...but who's counting!!:rolleyes:

I'm just having a major "end of diet wobble" at the moment and need sensible folks around me to keep an eye on me!
I do feel like I need something to stick with long term or I will put it back on again, especially with Christmas coming up. :party0051:

Also I keep changing my mind about what my target should be....I wouldn't ever want to be underweight, but I'm not sure where in the "healthy range" I look best? It's been so many years since I was this weight or less, that I think my body shape has probably changed a bit with age? I just need to keep going (steadily and sensibly) until I'm happy I suppose???:confused:

I just went on the NHS online thing to look at BMI and that says I could still be in a healthy weight range at 8st 2!! That's nearly another stone under my target.. :confused:

Ah well....I'm going to put myself in the capable hands of WW tomorrow and see what they say :)

I just went on the NHS online thing to look at BMI and that says I could still be in a healthy weight range at 8st 2!! That's nearly another stone under my target.. :confused:
^I would say 9 stone at 5'6" is a good target. Those "healthy range" things are a bit naff; it all depends on your build. Someone who is a very small build could be 5'6" and 8 stone and look fine, while someone who is a medium build could be the same height, but look too thin and "gaunt" at that weight.

According to my BMI, I could go all the way down to 7 stone and still be a "healthy range". But I'm a medium build, so would look too thin at that weight, so I'm aiming for around 8 stone.

Yeah....I think 9st is as low as I should go for my build...
I've got broad shoulders and thick wrists/ankles/legs whatever size I am, so I'm certainly not of 'slight build'. I tend to be quite naturally muscular too, so that wouldn't bode well with being too light overall...

Yeah....I think 9st is as low as I should go for my build...
I've got broad shoulders and thick wrists/ankles/legs whatever size I am, so I'm certainly not of 'slight build'. I tend to be quite naturally muscular too, so that wouldn't bode well with being too light overall...
Yeah. The danger with people aiming too low because it's still considered "healthy" is that they don't take build into consideration and end up losing muscle mass! :eek:

I'm just under 9 stone and I'm 5'2", and can fit into a size 8, so I reckon at 9 stone you'll be plenty slim. :)

As long as I can comfortably fit into a 10 I'll be happy enough :)

I was an 8 when I was at uni, but in hindsight I didn't really eat enough considering I was a major gym-addict at the time....

My assumption is that if I keep doing things sensibly and not restricting myself too much, then I'll reach a point where my body will let me know it's time to maintain...like if I get to 9st 5 and don't lose for a few weeks, then maybe 9st 5 is where I should stay and work out how to maintain.....

^Yep. That's what I'm doing. :) If I hit a standstill and can't lose anymore without cutting food down even more, it's obvious that's the weight I'm supposed to be.

I probably fit into smaller sizes because I'm younger. My mom is around the same size as me measurements wise, but I'm an 8 and shes a 10.

Maintaining is the bit I'm not looking forward too. :\ I have a horrible feeling I'll be all "Yay I'm at my goal weight now!" and will promptly go stuff my face and put it all back on.

Maintaining is the bit I'm not looking forward too. :\ I have a horrible feeling I'll be all "Yay I'm at my goal weight now!" and will promptly go stuff my face and put it all back on.

That's why I thought now was a good time to go to WW, my friends go and they seem to eat lots of decent homemade healthy food. I thought it would give me chance to get some good recipes and a bit of structure without it being as intense as counting every last calorie like I have done for ages now...

i think it's a good plan hon. and don't listen to the 'healthy weight range' things in any case. it might be worth going to see your doc and seeing what they think would be a good place to stop? i know that i'm not going to be able to tell. i have a totally warped image of myself. when i was getting bigger i didn't think i looked that fat and now i'm getting smaller i can't really see it. it's so strange. if you want to aim for a clothing size i would do that rather than going by weight any more. and let me know if you manage to join weight watchers as your bmi is already healthy and i'm not sure they'll take you?

abz xx

I checked with the WW folks on minimins, and was told that for my height they will take me as long as I'm over 9st 3. I'm going to be at least 10st 6 in my clothes on an evening (I gain at least 3lbs by tea-time??), so I'm sure I'll be fine. I would still like to aim for about 9st, which leaves me about 10% to lose which I think is acceptable :)
I've no plans to go crazy and end up in size 6 just because the scales say I can!! I'll be over the moon to be a comfortable size 10 :) Just with enough 'give' to gain a few pounds and have my clothes still fit!!

Hi Munkypooh (remembered the H this time!)

From your ticker your bmi looks absolutely in the normal range....

The good thing with WW is that you can set your own goal and when you reach it you can keep going to class for free (so long as you stay within 5lbs of target) - so set your weight about 7lbs off and then when you reach it, you will be free..and can still lose another 5lbs if you feel like it.

(I am assuming that when they say " as long as you stay within 5lbs of target - that they mean either side of target??)

LRO xx

Gotta remember the 'H' or it might sound rude!! :giggle:

Yeah...I probably won't need to pay for very long...that is a slight worry, that they may think I've just ducked in at the last minute to get as much help as possible, for as little cash!! :)rolleyes: moi?)

Did I mention that I've got a free sign up voucher too!:D

Well, the first WW session was really good :D I feel quite inspired, like it's a fresh start.....

Only trouble is, I've had to face up to 2 things...

1-I am actually 5ft 5, not as I had optimistically claimed 5ft 6.....

2-I have 'tweaked' my scales at home too much (to suit what I wanted them to say).
I am actually 10st 8, not 10st!!!!

I've reset my ticker and details inline with my offical WW stats now, so just to let folks know incase you thought I'd had a massive blow-out and gained over half a stone in a day!!!!

Oh how our minds play tricks on us hun, I forever wanted to believe that I was much lighter than i actually was and would blame the scales!! But you're on the right track well done you, I'm sure you'll stick at it you've done so well up to now. I think talking to others on here really helps too. x

I do think some of the 8lbs is due to being weighed in the evening, and clothed etc. By my reckoning I'm probably about 10st 4 or 5, so I'd 'tweaked' 4 or 5lbs off my home scales :whoopass: I'm a bad-un :rolleyes:

I'm just going by the official weigh in's now...naughty scales are going back in the cupboard :innocent0002:

i had my baby in may and everyday since her birth, i've been obsessed with my scale. My weight loss journey, actually started today, iam determined to lose the weight

i had my baby in may and everyday since her birth, i've been obsessed with my scale. My weight loss journey, actually started today, iam determined to lose the weight

Good luck on your journey too then gis35 :D

Back