Muscles

Nina41

I heard this diet is perfect for those wanting to build muscles.
Is this correct? Should we focus on weight lifting instead of cardio when we work out?

My muscles are extremely weak. Should I use this opportunity to build up muscle mass?

High protein diets are good for muscle build-up, yes. Bodybuilders eat high protein diets for instance.

Strength training should always be part of a fitness regime; cardio alone is pointless and if you're a member of a gym they would normally advise a program which combines cardio and strength.

The reason for building muscle is simple; 1lb of muscle burns 50 calories a day - more than any other type of body tissue. Studies suggest that strength training can boost your metabolic rate by up to 15%

DON'T FORGET THOUGH that muscle weighs more than fat so if you DO start strength training you'll see your body changing BUT you may not see the scales moving as much.

I do resistance training as part of my daily gym routine. When I began, I started light and did 3x12 reps with about a minute rest between. Don't be scared of doing free weights for your arms and lunges/squats too as they can be more effective than the machines.

I quickly noticed a difference with my arms (ok, bingo wings!), and guess my stomach muscles are still hiding under my spare tyre...!!!

Back