• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Mushroom & lentil loaf

Someone made this for a taster at class a few weeks ago....It is sooooo yummy! Thought i'd share.

Serves 4
Free on green & EE (1 HeA for the cheese)

Mushroom & Lentil loaf

125g dried green lentils
250g mushrooms sliced
1 onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic crushed
1 egg beaten
112g grated mature cheddar
1 tsp of marmite
1 tsp of dried mustard powder
Pinch Mixed herbs
Salt & pepper to taste

Boil the lentils for 20ish mins & drain. Meanwhile fry the onion, mushrooms & garlic in fry light until cooked.
Mix everything up in a bowl (save 28g of the cheese for topping) Spray a loaf tin with fry light & pour the mixture in. Sprinkle cheese on top.
Bake in the oven for 30mins at 200.
Can be frozen.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Well that's tomorrow nights dinner sorted.....thanks. It sounds delicious.

Great stuff, I have all the ingredients and the lentils are cooked. We buy them in jars. So useful.

I don't see why not :) You have to boil the lentils beforehand so they come out kind of sloppy anyway...hope it works out- can you come back and let us know how it turns out?

I've used 2 different kinds of lentils (dried) for this before and they both came out yummy. I suppose if you can't find dried green you could use other dried ones?

Oh fab!! i was just looking for something inspirational for tonights dinner & this will do nicely!!

Will need to nip to the shop for some Marmite though :) x

I expect so, not tried it though. Red split lentils are quite a bit smaller than green lentils so it might make a smaller more compact loaf? If you try it tell us what you thought :)

Oh I love it!!!!

Really really enjoyed it :D I thought I had green lentils but turned out they were yellow split something or others that require 8-12hrs soaking before boiling, so used some split red ones. It was more soft/gooey than the one on the picture above, but Oh It was sooooooooo good!! I love the fact it actually tastes of mushrooms, whereby loads of other recipes that have mushrooms in you lose the taste.

Definatly one to be a regular in my house!! I had it with salad & some little roasted pots curtesy of my actifry :D

Oooooo think i might try the red split lentils then! It really is cheesy & mushroomy mmmm

Remember you can freeze it too, so if you are in a hurry or have no time to cook, it's there in the freezer :D just remember to cut it into slices/bits before you freeze it.

Oooooo think i might try the red split lentils then! It really is cheesy & mushroomy mmmm

Remember you can freeze it too, so if you are in a hurry or have no time to cook, it's there in the freezer :D just remember to cut it into slices/bits before you freeze it.

haha as if its going to last that long!!!!

Yeah it's really scrummy though, looking forward to tasting the difference with green lentils now :) x