grumbletumble

Silver Member
Someone made this for a taster at class a few weeks ago....It is sooooo yummy! Thought i'd share.

Serves 4
Free on green & EE (1 HeA for the cheese)

Mushroom & Lentil loaf

125g dried green lentils
250g mushrooms sliced
1 onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic crushed
1 egg beaten
112g grated mature cheddar
1 tsp of marmite
1 tsp of dried mustard powder
Pinch Mixed herbs
Salt & pepper to taste

Boil the lentils for 20ish mins & drain. Meanwhile fry the onion, mushrooms & garlic in fry light until cooked.
Mix everything up in a bowl (save 28g of the cheese for topping) Spray a loaf tin with fry light & pour the mixture in. Sprinkle cheese on top.
Bake in the oven for 30mins at 200.
Can be frozen.

This sounds really nice, thanks for the recipe. If I can find some lentils in the cupboard I may try it out tonight! :)

Well that's tomorrow nights dinner sorted.....thanks. It sounds delicious.

Great stuff, I have all the ingredients and the lentils are cooked. We buy them in jars. So useful.

I don't see why not :) You have to boil the lentils beforehand so they come out kind of sloppy anyway...hope it works out- can you come back and let us know how it turns out?

I've used 2 different kinds of lentils (dried) for this before and they both came out yummy. I suppose if you can't find dried green you could use other dried ones?

Oh fab!! i was just looking for something inspirational for tonights dinner & this will do nicely!!

Will need to nip to the shop for some Marmite though :) x

I expect so, not tried it though. Red split lentils are quite a bit smaller than green lentils so it might make a smaller more compact loaf? If you try it tell us what you thought :)

Oh I love it!!!!

Really really enjoyed it :D I thought I had green lentils but turned out they were yellow split something or others that require 8-12hrs soaking before boiling, so used some split red ones. It was more soft/gooey than the one on the picture above, but Oh It was sooooooooo good!! I love the fact it actually tastes of mushrooms, whereby loads of other recipes that have mushrooms in you lose the taste.

Definatly one to be a regular in my house!! I had it with salad & some little roasted pots curtesy of my actifry :D

Oooooo think i might try the red split lentils then! It really is cheesy & mushroomy mmmm

Remember you can freeze it too, so if you are in a hurry or have no time to cook, it's there in the freezer :D just remember to cut it into slices/bits before you freeze it.

Oooooo think i might try the red split lentils then! It really is cheesy & mushroomy mmmm

Remember you can freeze it too, so if you are in a hurry or have no time to cook, it's there in the freezer :D just remember to cut it into slices/bits before you freeze it.

haha as if its going to last that long!!!!

Yeah it's really scrummy though, looking forward to tasting the difference with green lentils now :) x

ohh that is nice, i think this will be a regular thing from now on, i am having it for my lunch tomorrow
thank you

Going to make this for lunch it looks lovely, thanks for the recipe :)

Back