I am that atticted to this - any excuse to make it is good for me!! haha

Today I made not one but 2 of them as I needed to use up my mushrooms ;)

I'm on a red day so its killed me knowing that I made them yet haven't been able to try, but will definatly enjoy them when i get round to having them!! I made one with green lentils & one with split red lentils - lush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those on red days why don't you do mix to max days then you can have it for one of your meals? I do mix to max all the time. I'm doing it today and going to be trying this dish tonight. Can't wait. X

Just to let you know that in Tesco at the moment they are selling massive bags of red lentils (not green I'm afraid but sure it would still work) for half price at £1.99. They are in that funny aisle that sells all the foreign bits and bobs and not with the other lentils and dried beans etc.
I bought a couple of bags last night as I love the lentil and mushroom loaf, then got home and realised I'd forgotten to buy mushrooms!!!! :sigh:

Mel2 said:
Just to let you know that in Tesco at the moment they are selling massive bags of red lentils (not green I'm afraid but sure it would still work) for half price at £1.99. They are in that funny aisle that sells all the foreign bits and bobs and not with the other lentils and dried beans etc.
I bought a couple of bags last night as I love the lentil and mushroom loaf, then got home and realised I'd forgotten to buy mushrooms!!!! :sigh:

Thanks Mel!! Read this just before I went out to tescos to get shopping for this recipe!! The bag is MASSIVE!! What a bargain!!!x

Made this yesterday with tinned green lentils and RF cheese for 2 HexA and it was lush. Thanks so much for the recipe I will be using it again and trying it with the red lentils. Oh and thanks for the massive lentil bag in Tesco tip too :D

I'm making this in the next couple of days, but I'll have to do without the big bag of lentils as it's about 9.500 miles to my nearest Tescos :rotflmao: .... actually that may not be true as I've no idea now how far Tescos have spread into the world! ... but certainly to the nearest one I know! :p :D

Made this today with - red lentils, red onion and a red and yellow pepper I needed to use, didn't have any mushrooms in. Sooooo tasty, will be doing it again for sure :D

Just had this for lunch and it was really nice, thankyou for the recipe x

I made this yesterday for the first time for lunch and it was deeeeeeeeeee-licious! Seriously yummy!

It has however seemed to have a disagreement with my system and I wouldn't like to be in a locked room with no ventilation at the moment - actually I don't think I'd like it at any time as I'm a tad claustrophobic but noxious fumes abound which is not like me at all :eek: I could blame our new pup but I'm an honourable sort of person! :p

Regardless of the after effects I'm still going to make it again when this lot is gone! Besides my late mum always said I had a stomach like a cement mixer and could cope with anything so I reckon my system will adapt - that my friends is Plan A :D ;)

Back