Mushy Pea Curry

got a batch on at the moment... i hope it tastes better than it looks!

Actually was really nice, and both kids loved it too, even the eight month old!

got a batch on at the moment... i hope it tastes better than it looks!

It does look gross doesn't it! I was very wary the first time I made it especially as I loathe mushy peas! It's surprisingly good to eat though!

I love mushy peas so will def give this ago. Sounds wrong but hopefully will taste so right!

Got to try this, sounds really good x

Mmm -I'm a SW mushy pea curry convert! Little tip - my OH does the cooking in our house, bless him, and has found that he gets yummier SW chips if he cooks the potatoes in the microwave for about half the time you would do them if you were going to do a jacket, rather than par-boil them. xx

Found this on another site , might have to try

3 cans of mushy peas
1 can of baked beans
onions and mushrooms (as many as you like)
1 tablespoon of sweetener
curry powder to taste ( i use the schwartz mild curry powder as im not good with spicy foods)
fry light

brown off the onions and mushrooms in some fry light, then add all the rest of the ingredients and leave on the heat for approx 20-30 mins. If you find the mixture to thick just add some water.

Going to have this tonight, can't wait. Yum! :D

The Mushy Pea Curry was a success! Thank you so much for the recipe :)

It tastes absolutely gorgeous, and I also have lots of leftovers now in the freezer ready to zap in the microwave after a busy day. As a student this meal really fits in to my budget.

I think I shall be experimenting with this meal using the base sauce and adding different vegetables in there to spice things up a bit (no pun intended!) and use up any leftover veg.

Katie x

I'm having a cooking day tomorrow. i like to cook loads of recipes and freeze them all as i hardly have time during week to cook due to work commitments. I find it easier to stick to SW as i always have a meal ready in the freezer and i'm not tempted to just make something thats easier time wise and bad for my diet. Is this mushy pea curry freezer friendly? Was thinking of making it into a mushy pea chicken curry?

kitty75 said:
Can I just say...how the hell can something that sounds and look so wrong be so tasty???? Nom Nom Nom :)

I just can't bring myself quite yet to make it lol.... I'm willing to be surprised though :)

I'm going to ... Maybe next week as I made a veg curry this week and because my husband is away I have been eating it for three days lol. I read the whole thread so I'm def going to give it a go next week :)

We had a taster at group this week and one of the ladies, she always makes something really nice, she did a curry but it was different to this!! She made it with 1 tin of chickpea dahl, one tin of mushy peas and one tin of chopped tomatoes. Was sooooo tasty and not over powered by the mushy peas which I was surprised by!! She said all she did was put the tins In a pan and boil it up. Easy peasy and it was really tasty. She did add prawns to it though but I think I'd prefer chicken, and you could still put mushrooms and onions although she hadn't in hers. I'm gonna try making it when I get to asda for some chickpea dahl

Back