Mutterings of a 30 year old food addict.

My syns will be used on wine tonight too :) xxxx

Saturday 07/05/16

Breakfast = ham and mushroom egg cup
Lunch = ham sandwich and salad
Snack = banana
Dinner = chicken risotto and veg
Evening = 2x gin and slimline tonic

HeA =
HeB = 2 slices of whole meal bread

Syns = 2x gin, oil for cookin chicken

Sunday 08/05/16

Breakfast = grapefruit, banana, muller light
Lunch = ham sandwich and salad
Snack = cup of tea
Dinner = home made cheese burger (no bun :(), home made chips, peas

HeA = cheese
HeB = 2 slices of wholemeal bread

Syns = milk in tea, table spoon of olive oil on chips, table spoon of ketchup.

Last edited:
I really need to get myself some frylight. I forgot to pick it up at tesco yesterday... Gggrrrr!!

There seems to be a couple of different ones, is one better than the other? Olive oil, sunflower or the butter one??

What do you recommend?

I prefer the olive oil one.. it's in the green packaging. However, I don't really like any of them they seem to me to have a weird smell that puts me off wanting to put it in my body haha! But other people rave about them and I did find the olive oil one the best. I use oil spay that is 2cals a spray, I only syn it after 10 sprays as 1 syn, but as I'm rarely cooking for just me it gets spread out haha

Hope your day is going ok hun? xxxx

Today has gone well. It's busy one. Our usual baby group this morning (where I avoided the biscuits :D)

Then this afternoon I've made a syn free salsa to go with our fajitas for dinner this evening. Unfortunately I hadn't realised quite how many syns were in our normal wraps and its too late to get different ones now :mad:!!!.... so tonights dinner will be a little naughty (im not sure only having one will be enough for a main meal)

Anyway the salsa turned out amazingly :cool:, I made loads, so I've blended the rest down (using the babies blender) to use as a pasta sauce for meatball pasta on Friday..... I havnt decided yet whether it will keep in the fridge untill then or need to go in the freezer for a couple of days o_O

I've been enjoying the weather.... it's been so hot here, I'm very thankfull to be on matty leave! Nothing better than being out in the garden with a good book working on a bit of a tab!

How you geting on Jules.... I keep meaning to look if you have a diary here... but I'm so forgetfull :oops:

Well done on avoiding the biscuits.... i will be doing the same on thurs

I also need to find some low syn wraps as love fajitas too.

I have only been back on plan for 4 days but hopefully I can stay on track....fingers crossed

xxxxx

09/05/16

Breakfast = pear. Overnight oats
Snack = banana and coffee
Lunch = jacket potato and beans. Salad
Dinner = 2x fajita

HeA = cheese in fajita
HeB = oats

Syns = 2x wraps (terribly over limit)

I bought some seeded wraps in tesco today they are going to be used for some syns :) xxxx

I'll be doing some research into different wraps and what one's will be better than our kingsmill white ones ... they were something like 10syns each :eek:

Still no word from work about my starter vouchers :( I had an e-mail beginning of last week that ive been added to the list of names awaiting our HQ to recieve more from slimming world (they reconed the end of last week)..... im getting so impatient!!!

OMG thats to many syns to use on wraps!lol.

I hope you hear soon hun FX you do xxxxx

10/05/16

Breakfast = pear. overnight oats
Snack = banana. Cup of coffee
Lunch = salmon cous cous with salad
Dinner = gammon, mash, peas and white sauce

HeA = milk
HeB = oats

Syns = white sauce and butter in mash.

Weigh Day No. 2
:scale:

13st1
Loss of 4lbs

I'm dead chuffed :D I feel like I've done really well this week.
Aims for the week ahead: use healthy extras each day, use syns more evenly through out the week (rather than having very few on one day and too many another.)

Unofficial week 1 = -1 lb (*)
Unofficial week 2 = -4lbs :)

11/05/16

Breakfast = grapefruit. Overnight oats
Snack = banana and coffee
Lunch = jacket potato with beans. Salad
Snack = Muller light, nuitragrain raisen cake bar. Tea
Dinner = homemade chicken in blackbean and rice

HeA = milk
HeB = oats

Syns = cake bar and blackbean sauce

Well done on 4lbs off! Looks like you will be well in the swing of it by the time you join up :)

Thanks erniie........ I will of had all my big losses before I even join and miss out on my first awards!! :rolleyes: never mind... as long as its coming off!

The internet is such a wonderful thing in which I have found alot of the info I need to do this!! Makes me wonder how we ever managed before ;)

12/05/16

Breakfast = grapefruit. banana. Overnight oats
Snack = shakeaway smoothy
Lunch = 2x mugshots. Roast chicken pieces
Snack = hot chocolate (milk and 4tsp choc shot)
Dinner = bacon, egg, oven chips and beans

HeA = milk
HeB = oats

Syns = fruit smoothy (?syns). 4tsp choc shot (2syns). Oven chips (2.5syns)

I don't feel like I've had enough veg today..... I really should of had a salad with lunch but I was being so lazy.... oops! :( need to make sure I'm having my 3rd with every meal.... normally I'm pretty good with that, but I just couldn't be bothered today... (bad lotte!)

Better day tomorrow :D.xxx

Well done on your loss hun xxxx

Thanks jules :D

I promised myself I'd be good today but now I've realised it's "pasta wine Friday" eekk!.... Fridays bottle of red wine is the one thing I'm really struggling to give up.... It's become our tradition for the husband and I to open a bottle of wine over some spicy pasta once the baby has gone to bed on a friday :oops: I'll really struggle to stick with just one glass!!

On the plus side.... My referral came through the post today. So come Thursday I can go to my local group :woohoo:
On the letter it said my welcome pack has been sent to my work place, as I'm on maternity leave, this is a bit of a pain! I've asked the admin to let me know when it arrives. Hopefully it will be before Thursday so I can get on with things properly :cool:

Back