MWWWD (or Moonwatcher's Weight Watchers Diary!)

Food for Sunday 28th October

Breakfast -
one Harvest Chewee White Choc Chip Bar (2PP)

Lunch - Total 7PP -
Roasted Butternut Squash, Apple and Ginger Soup (1PP for Olive Oil), one Bread Roll (4PP), 2 tspns Butter (2PP)

Dinner - Total 20 PP -
Beef Stew with Dumpling (15PP), Home-made Almond Milk Rice Pudding with 2 tspns Maple Syrup (5PP)

Snacks -
one Spar Hallowee'n Cupcake (5PP), 2 pieces White Chocolate (2PP)

Drinks -
NAS squash, Green Tea, Hot Milky Coffee with Sugar (5PP)

Totals 41PP, 29 dailies and 12 weeklies
Weeklies remaining 18
APs earned today - none
APs for week so far - 1

Last edited:
Getting some thoughts down on paper, so to speak. Feel free to comment, but don't feel obliged!

I have been looking at my stats since May, and my average loss is 0.7 lbs per week, which is OK, but not brilliant when you consider how much I have to lose. On the other hand, this is the longest I have ever stuck it without just giving up and putting it all back on, plus more! The thing is, since I started back at school in September I've lost half a pound - not half a pound a week, just half a pound! I'm frustrated because I have just been too shattered to do much exercise - my APs average is now 12 a week, it was around 25-30. That must have made a difference, and I really miss the exercise highs!

Until Christmas I can't see that changing much, as it doesn't look like they will have anyone in my old post until the New Year :(. When that happens my hours will drop by around 6-7 per week again, and I'll leave the most stressful and tiring job behind, which will make a huge difference.

So today I'm generally feeling pretty bleurggghhh. Back is playing up (probably too much time sleeping on Saturday!) and my stomach/IBS is not good either. I need something to shake things up and get the weight moving steadily again, instead of these weeks of playing around with the same couple of pounds. I've not exactly lost my motivation, but there is something missing at the moment. This is also the time of year I usually go mad in the past trying to lose three stone by Christmas. (What happens there, Dear Reader? Answers on a post-card!)

I spent some time yesterday looking through new recipes to try, and will do more of that today, as daren't exercise today until back stops twinging. Tonight will be trying a new salad - roasted butternut squash with chickpeas, feta and soy roasted seeds, to have with chicken breasts.

Sooo, I'm hoping that new recipes will give me the kick I need. Have the Hairy Dieters and an Ottolenghi book to look at on Kindle.

I'm also toying with dropping my dailies to 28 from next week. I had left them at 29, because of the exercise, and mainly because of still having so much to lose, but I'm getting pretty disheartened at the moment, so perhaps I need to take that step. It's only one PP per day after all, but it will help to offset some of the lost exercise points, and maybe give me that boost I'm after. :sigh:

Last edited:
I think trying new recipes is a great idea it will mic things up and make it more interesting and try dropping down to 28pp you may find it helps.
This time of year doesn't help with it being so dark and cold makes you just want to do nothing but sleep!! Xx

I think trying new recipes is a great idea it will mic things up and make it more interesting and try dropping down to 28pp you may find it helps.
This time of year doesn't help with it being so dark and cold makes you just want to do nothing but sleep!! Xx

More recipes is always a great idea, I lived on ex. light philly, pasta, chicken breasts, veg and fruit for a while and it took all of the joy out of food for me tbh! Maybe some new food will give you the kick you need :)

Sorry to hear about the lack of losing though, it does come with patience xx

Yes I think it will be good to try out some new recipes. Although I wouldn't say my menus are boring, they have started to get a bit "same-y!" Also, have been thinking today, being brutally honest with myself, and I have been a bit lazy about measuring things. Although I usually measure 'treats' properly (like chocs, cake, crisps etc), I have been guestimating some of the healthier things here and there, like potatoes, noodles, beans, pulses, meat. I think I could get away with it when I upped the exercise in the summer, but probably not now, so the kitchen scales are firmly in residence ready for all this delicious cooking! :)

Yes I think it will be good to try out some new recipes. Although I wouldn't say my menus are boring, they have started to get a bit "same-y!" Also, have been thinking today, being brutally honest with myself, and I have been a bit lazy about measuring things. Although I usually measure 'treats' properly (like chocs, cake, crisps etc), I have been guestimating some of the healthier things here and there, like potatoes, noodles, beans, pulses, meat. I think I could get away with it when I upped the exercise in the summer, but probably not now, so the kitchen scales are firmly in residence ready for all this delicious cooking! :)

I think you are soo right about the guesstimating thing. I found that even tho' I had been weighing my portions meticulously for quite some time when I then just guessed at it my portions became bigger and bigger.
The things you list are of course, the main troublesome source of weight gain... not that you need me to tell you that, I'm sure!
Do hope you can get the pounds shifting a bit more. I've had that problem for two years now and it does get so frustrating.
Main thing is MW not to let it beat you. Keep it going we are all rooting for you! ... :girlpower:

Food for Monday 29th October

Breakfast -
one Chewee Toffee Bar (2PP) and one Hallowee'n Cupcake (5PP)

Lunch -
WW Wheat & Oat Crackers and Cheese Triangles with a chopped Chilli (4PP)

Dinner -
Total 15PP - Taco Seasoning and Lime Chicken Breast (4PP) with 5oz Potatoes (3PP), cooked in tspn Olive Oil (1PP), and Roasted Butternut Squash, Chick Pea and Feta Salad with Soy Roasted Seeds (5PP) and Roasted Yellow Pepper and Tomatoes (0PP), Mango and Pineapple (0PP) with tsbspn Cream (2PP)

Snacks - none

Drinks - Green Teas, NAS squash, One small Milk Coffee with tspn Sugar (4PP)

Totals 30PP, 29 dailies and one weekly
Weeklies remaining 1
APs earned today - none
APs for the week so far - 1

I think you are soo right about the guesstimating thing. I found that even tho' I had been weighing my portions meticulously for quite some time when I then just guessed at it my portions became bigger and bigger.
The things you list are of course, the main troublesome source of weight gain... not that you need me to tell you that, I'm sure!
Do hope you can get the pounds shifting a bit more. I've had that problem for two years now and it does get so frustrating.
Main thing is MW not to let it beat you. Keep it going we are all rooting for you! ... :girlpower:

Thanks Em. Yes it's easy to allow a little extra here and there, and over the week that adds up! I'm optimistic that by going back to weighing properly and trying out some new recipes, I can get things moving steadily again.

Tuesday 30th October

Breakfast -
One Bagel with Cream Cheese and Maple Syrup (9PP)

Lunch -
Hubby was home all day, so as the sun was shining we went to the coast for lunch and a walk along the beach. 2 Pork and Apple Sausages with Tomato Ketchup and quarter of a roll, small portion of Chips, Salad, dash of Mayo - counting as 21PP in total

Mid Afternoon - Cream Tea - Scone, Jam and Cream, no butter, 2 cups of Tea with Milk (12PP)

Back Home later
- one packet Crisps (4PP)

Drinks - Green Tea, NAS squash

Totals 46PP, 29 dailies and remaining 17 weeklies
APs earned today - 5 for walk along the beach and around the town

Had a lovely day. It was nice to make the most of the Autumn sunshine. Will make up for the lack of fruit and veg tomorrow! :)

Wednesday 31st October

Breakfast -
Cranberry and Yogurt Cereal Bar (2PP)

Lunch -
2 Crumpets with Cream Cheese and Maple Syrup (6PP), Satsumas (0PP)

Dinner -
Felafels in a Pitta Bread with Tahini and Lime Sauce, Garlic Mint Yogurt Dressing and a Chilli Sauce, Beetroot, Carrot, Tomato, Olive and Feta Salad -Total 11PP - 4PP for the Pitta Bread, 3PP for the Chick Peas in the Felafel, 2PP for 1oz of Feta, 1PP for the Tahini, 1PP for the Yogurt. Onions and Spices in the Felafel, Mint, Chillis, Beetroot, Carrot, Tomatoes and Olives all 0PP.

This was ab-sol-ute-ly delicious!

Snacks - one Chewee Toffee Bar (2PP), 2 Dark Chocolate rings with candy sprinkes (bit like a dark choc jazzy sweet) (1PP), fresh Mango and Pineapple (0PP)

Drinks - NAS squash, Green Tea, one Coffee with Cream (2PP), Drinking Chocolate made with 200ml Semi Skimmed Milk (5PP)

Totals 29PP
APs today - none
APs for the week so far - 6

Going to have an early night. Feeling a bit sad and reflective. It was a year ago tonight/tomorrow morning that my oldest brother died unexpectedly in bed. Can't believe a whole year has passed already. Going to bed with some memories. :tear_drop:

Will post yesterday's food later, but WI this morning = gained another pound! Pretty miserable about it, as was expecting a loss, especially as I hopped on two or three days ago and was down 1.5, so have gone up 2.5 since then! Hate these unexpected gains, where you don't feel you deserve it, especially as I'm never one of those people who has it the other way round - you know - where you lose even though you know you've had a bad week. If I have a bad week, or even sometimes a couple of bad days, I gain. This week - gained after what I thought was a good week - weighing, measuring etc. :( Not a happy bunny.

Oh no :( You can't trust the scales though! xx Am sure the weight is just water weight etc and you'll have it back off in no time at all :)

I certainly hope so Libby. Did have bacon last night and some Jacob's oddities - both of which were pretty salty, so I'm hoping it's salt/water from them, as I can't honestly see any other reason for a gain this week. Anyway, On 28PP a day from today to see if it makes any difference.

Food for Thursday 1st November

Breakfast -
Crumpet with Butter and Lemon Curd (5PP)

Lunch -
Leftover Felafel in Pitta bread, with Beetroot, Tomatoes, 2 chopped Olives, Mint and drizzle of Yogurt Garlic Sauce (6PP) one Apple (0PP)

Dinner -
Bacon Butty with 4oz Bacon (11PP), 2 Pears (0PP)

Snacks -
1oz Jacob's Oddities (2PP), 2 Lidl's Dark Chocolate Flavorina rings (1PP), Harvest Chewee White Choc Chip Bar (2PP)

Drinks -
Water, NAS squash, Green Teas, one Coffee with Cream (2PP)
Totals for the day 29PP
APs earned for the week - 6

Food for Friday 2nd November (day one of 28PP daily)

Breakfast - one Crumpet with Cream Cheese and Lemon Curd (4PP)

Lunch - Pitta Bread with Cheddar, Onion, Beetroot, Tomato and LF Mayo (8PP), 10 Olives (1PP) Banana (0PP)

Dinner
- Beef Mince Chilli, Garlic Bread and Butternut Squash Wedges - Total 13PP - Beef Mince Chilli with Beans (8PP), half a White Bread Roll (2PP) with 2 tspns Butter (2PP) and Garlic (0PP), Butternut Squash Wedges (0PP) cooked in one tspn Olive Oil (1PP), one Pear and two Plums (0PP)

Snacks - 1/2 oz Bombay Mix (2PP), 2 Lidl's Flavorina Dark Choc Rings (1PP)

Drinks
- Green Teas, Water, NAS squash, one Coffee with Cream (2PP)

Totals 31PP, 28 dailies and 3 weeklies
Weeklies remaining 46
APs earned today - none

Well, I will not be beaten by the gains of the last fortnight, so today is the first day of 28PP a day and hope to see a result next week.

Last edited:
Back