MWWWD (or Moonwatcher's Weight Watchers Diary!)

Thursday 26th September

Scales this morning are down to 15st 1.8. It's funny really, as normally I would be thrilled to see the scales go down by nearly 3 pounds, but this morning I was thinking 'Noooo I'm doing a reset, I'm not supposed to lose anything that quickly!' Yesterday's calories were around 1600, so not that low, so I'm sure it will level out over a few days. Anyway food for today...

Breakfast - cornflakes, milk and sugar, earl grey tea with s/s milk

Morning break - half a cocoa orange Nakd bar and a coffee with s/s milk

Lunch - knew I wouldn't be able to face sandwiches or salad today, so just took a bowl of greek yogurt with brown sugar and mixed nuts, black grapes, the other half of the Nakd bar

At home after school - feeling hungry again (yay!) - Mrs Crimble's coconut macaroon, cheese and onion crisps, earl grey tea with s/s milk

Dinner - slow cooker roast beef with mash, peas and gravy, home-made horse-radish sauce, greek yogurt with maple syrup and sliced banana

Watching TV -one finger of twirl

Other drinks - plenty of water

Total for the day 2164/2160 (+4 cals)

Nice Early Night for you both :) x

Yep, just watching 'Educating Yorkshire' and thinking how glad I am to work where I do! Off to bed when it is finished. Got a lot of diaries to catch up on tomorrow and at the weekend though!

What happened to the other half of the twirl finger,can I expect it in the post ;-) x

Haha, 'fraid not. The OH ate it!

Yep, just watching 'Educating Yorkshire' and thinking how glad I am to work where I do! Off to bed when it is finished. Got a lot of diaries to catch up on tomorrow and at the weekend though!

Haha, 'fraid not. The OH ate it!

How Dare He!!! Lucky I had two fingers to myself tonight tho lol x

I need to try and search out some Jalapeño today, it's not good if there's a national shortage!!! I pay my 50p to the Leisure Centre every Friday, it's still cheaper than Meetings but it does prevent the 'I've been asleep lets weigh, I've been to the toilet lets weigh, I've eaten lets weigh' That really was no good for my mental health!!! X Hope u have a good day Sweetie.x

I really need to get rid of my scales. I weigh about 3 times a day, every day. Just after waking up, sometimes after lunch and usually before bed. Sometimes I weigh even more than that :( it does my head in! But mum uses them too so I can't just get rid, and I only went and bought a new set for Dave's so I'll be weighing there too :( I think I'll keep them in my wardrobe to make it harder.

Great use of calories over the last couple of days :) I especially like the inclusion of the apricot jam tart at lunch time. Mmmmmmm.

Its really difficult weighing when you aren't expecting a loss isn't it? I have been a daily weigher for years but during the reset and now I will have some days when I don't weigh because I forget or just don't feel like it. Much more relaxed about what the scales say which is really nice.

Thinking about scales made me realise that I have owned a set of scales since I was 16! Even when we were living in a caravan/motor home for a while, with no space, I still managed to fit in a set of scales. There have been times when I have not used them for a while, but I have always had some. I agree Atomic - apart from being a bit cross that I had lost yesterday after not eating my TDEE on Wednesday, I am much more relaxed about the results. Haha, how funny is that when you think about it? Years of stressing over every swing of the needle, plunging into gloom sometimes with even tiny gains and now I'm annoyed because I lost !

How Dare He!!! Lucky I had two fingers to myself tonight tho lol x

Lol. Gotta love Cadbury's!

Friday 27th September

Bleuuugh! Still not feeling right. Several emergency dashes to the loo this evening. OH was like it this morning. It seems I am about 12 hours behind him with the symptoms this week! If he hadn't had it too I would think I had accidentally had some wheat/gluten, but pretty certain I haven't. Pretty heavy day at work today, but a teacher I haven't really worked with before was very complimentary about my work with 4 quite difficult special needs pupils in his class, which is always a good feeling!

Today's food:

Breakfast - cornflakes, milk and sugar, cup of earl grey tea and s/s milk

Mid-morning - cocoa orange Nakd bar, cup of coffee with s/s milk

Lunch - 2 gluten free white ciabatta rolls with a little butter, deli ham and mustard, cherry tomatoes, a packet of ready salted crisps, a pear, cup of earl grey tea with s/s milk

At home after school - one apricot gluten free jam tart with an earl grey tea and s/s milk, one coffee with cream

Dinner - one corn on the cob with a little butter and black pepper, two pieces of gluten free seeded bread, two fried eggs, baked beans, tomatoes, HP BBQ sauce, one glass cider

Plenty of water.

Total calories for today 2211/2160 (over by 51 calories, but I was under by nearly 600 calories earlier in the week, so that's ok)

Last edited:
Hope you feel better soon Hun. Great about the compliments at work well done xxx

Friday 27th September

Bleuuugh! Still not feeling right. Several emergency dashes to the loo this evening. OH was like it this morning. It seems I am about 12 hours behind him with the symptoms this week! If he hadn't had it too I would think I had accidentally had some wheat/gluten, but pretty certain I haven't. Pretty heavy day at work today, but a teacher I haven't really worked with before was very complimentary about my work with 4 quite difficult special needs pupils in his class, which is always a good feeling!

Today's food:

Breakfast - cornflakes, milk and sugar, cup of earl grey tea and s/s milk

Mid-morning - cocoa orange Nakd bar, cup of coffee with s/s milk

Lunch - 2 gluten free white ciabatta rolls with a little butter, deli ham and mustard, cherry tomatoes, a packet of ready salted crisps, a pear, cup of earl grey tea with s/s milk

At home after school - one apricot gluten free jam tart with an earl grey tea and s/s milk, one coffee with cream

Dinner - one corn on the cob with a little butter and black pepper, two pieces of gluten free seeded bread, two fried eggs, baked beans, tomatoes, HP BBQ sauce, one glass cider

Plenty of water.

Total calories for today 2211/2160 (over by 51 calories, but I was under by nearly 600 calories earlier in the week, so that's ok)

Hope u are feeling better soon Sweetie, it does sound like you two have caught a nasty bug :-( Glad you're managing to eat a bit more, important to keep your strength up with working too. What are your plans for the Weekend? X

Thanks everybody. Feeling a bit better every day. Stomach gurgling like water going down a bath plughole this morning, but I know from my IBS/wheat days that usually means things are getting better! Just need to keep away from quiet places or perfect the art of looking around when it happens, as if you are looking to see where the noise is coming from!

Well the scales are doing quite amazing things this morning. Just need to do some number crunching and then will update properly.

Last edited:
So, first things first - had another packet of crisps last night, so need to add 132 calories to daily total. Have just worked out my average daily calories for the week and although I was very low on one day (by low I actually mean 1600!) I averaged 2137 per day, which is only 23 calories a day below my TDEE. The scales? This morning they say 15st 1lb, which means overall on the first two weeks of this metabolism reset I have lost 0.6 lbs, whilst eating around 2100 - 2200 average calories per day! What is interesting too is how the scales have reacted after being ill. It is quite normal to lose some weight when you are ill with a stomach bug and can't eat, but my calories only really dropped down one day. In the past as soon as I started eating 'normally' again, I would gain back anything lost in one day. This time, I have actually lost a little bit more. It is as if my body and metabolism are saying 'Yeah, well, she is feeding us, so we can afford to let that go. No harm done, there will be some more food along in a minute!'

Gor to post and run as we are off to the beach for a little walk. Weather is lovely here - breezy but sunny. True Autumn weather. Both slept until 11.30 this morning. Eek! Obviously needed it!

Oooooo MW, very exciting about the Scales! How nice to know u could eat all those yummy scrummy things over the Fortnight AND lose 0.6lb! How was your Brunch? What do u have planned to do today? X

Glad that you are feeling a bit better now. Does sound like a nasty big you and OH caught. Not what you want at the beginning of term at all is it??

Interesting news on the scales front. I wouldn't worry too much about the scales go down at the moment. Just stick with it. I was a bit worried at the beginning because I put on a couple of lbs in the first week but then stayed the same for several weeks, might have even lost a tiny amount. I was worried it meant that the reset wasn't working and that maybe my metabolism wasn't messed up and therefore it wasn't the reason for my 2 year weight loss stall. I was quite disheartened but spoke to a few people on the other forum and it seems everybody has VERY different experiences of the scales while doing the reset. Being ill for most of the last work probably has your body on a bit of a spin too.

Hope you had a lovely brunch yesterday. It was lovely weather here - really sunny but autumnal. Would have been perfect for a (bracing) walk along the seafront. We are heading to Suffolk to visit family at the beginning of November and will probably go to the coast with my mum. Not sure whether I will be brave enough for a paddle in November but probably. I miss the sea.

Oooooo MW, very exciting about the Scales! How nice to know u could eat all those yummy scrummy things over the Fortnight AND lose 0.6lb! How was your Brunch? What do u have planned to do today? X

Glad that you are feeling a bit better now. Does sound like a nasty big you and OH caught. Not what you want at the beginning of term at all is it??

Interesting news on the scales front. I wouldn't worry too much about the scales go down at the moment. Just stick with it. I was a bit worried at the beginning because I put on a couple of lbs in the first week but then stayed the same for several weeks, might have even lost a tiny amount. I was worried it meant that the reset wasn't working and that maybe my metabolism wasn't messed up and therefore it wasn't the reason for my 2 year weight loss stall. I was quite disheartened but spoke to a few people on the other forum and it seems everybody has VERY different experiences of the scales while doing the reset. Being ill for most of the last work probably has your body on a bit of a spin too.

Hope you had a lovely brunch yesterday. It was lovely weather here - really sunny but autumnal. Would have been perfect for a (bracing) walk along the seafront. We are heading to Suffolk to visit family at the beginning of November and will probably go to the coast with my mum. Not sure IIwhether I will be brave enough for a paddle in November but probably. I miss the sea.

'Blimey' where have the last four days gone? We had a lovely day on Saturday, although I did end up buying a set of ear muffs and a new hat to keep warm!

I am very relaxed about the scales. I am convinced even after this short while that this was the right thing for me to do. I am still very hungry this week, and so far have been a bit over my TDEE every day, but am not going to stress about it, as the scales are hovering around the same one or two pounds every day.

So food for Saturday 28th September

Breakfast - cornflakes with milk and a little sugar

In the car snack - a twirl and some fruit pastilles

At the coast - 2 fried eggs, 2 bacon rashers and a portion of chips, 2 small cappuccinos

On the way home - a few more fruit pastilles

In the evening - 2 gluten free brown ciabatta rolls with roast beef and homemade horseradish sauce, a packet of cheese and onion crisps

Several glasses of water

Total cals 2588/2160 (+428 cals)

Sunday 29th September

Greek yogurt with mixed fruits, nuts and seeds, one Mrs Crimble's jam and coconut ring

Dinner - roast pork, (got this half price on Saturday at the Co-op), roast potatoes and parsnips, carrots, sprouts, home grown runner beans, gravy, homemade horseradish sauce, apple sauce. This was so good. Followed it with an elderflower and apricot rice pudding with a little cream and brown sugar. We were a bit disappointed with this - would rather just have had ordinary rice pudding.

Later - packet of salt and vinegar crisps, half a banana with greek yogurt and soft brown sugar, one glass of cider

Total cals 2164/2160 (+4 cals)

Monday 30th September

Breakfast - leftover rice pudding with a little cream and soft brown sugar, tea with s/s milk

Mid morning - Mrs Crimble's jam and coconut ring macaroon and a coffee with milk

Lunch - one gluten free brown ciabatta roll sliced into 3 and made into pizza toasties, cherry tomatoes, packet of plain crisps, an apple,

At home after school - another jam and coconut ring with another cup of tea!

After food shopping at Tesco and Lidl - a visit to Wetherspoon's. I had the Chicken tikka masala, with extra poppadoms instead of naan bread which makes it gluten free, one toffee apple cider (I could drink that all night!) and a Tia Maria

Totals 2391/2160 (+231 cals)

Tuesday 1st October

Most of our teachers were on strike today, so it was a very disjointed day and coupled with a few other things going on at work meant I came home feeling quite grumpy. It was actually really refreshing not to also be thinking about not eating too much!

Breakfast - gluten free cereal with milk and sugar, earl grey with milk. Couldn't find the same gf cornflakes I had last week (would you believe it, every standard make of 'cornflakes' has wheat or barley in the ingredients!) These ones were more like a Special K.

Mid morning - jam and coconut macaroon and a coffee with cream

Lunch - brown gluten free ciabatta roll with tuna, salad cream, jalapenos and tomato, more cherry toms (loving the tomatoes out of the greenhouse at the moment!) packet of cheese and onion crisps, grapes, a clementine, five prunes

In meeting at school - 4 pieces of Jack Daniel's fudge. Not sure the original Jack Daniel made fudge, but very glad someone has thought of it since!

At home after school - gluten free jam tart and a coffee with cream

Dinner - the rest of Sunday's roast pork, with sprouts, carrots, roast potatoes and parsnips, home-grown runner beans, gravy, apple sauce, followed by a bowl of home grown raspberries and blackberries with greek yogurt and cream

Several glasses of water and just about to finish the day with a vanilla chai tea.

2242/2160 (+82 cals)

Wow MW! Your Update tired me out just reading it! Some Yummy Scrummy Food there, I love how there's Home Grown/Home Made tho, nice to see :) I don't think any of the Teachers were Striking at Poppy's School, thank goodness! X PS-What colour are your Ear Muffs and Hat? I think I might treat myself to a Superdry Hat once the weather turns a bit colder. X

That's some tasty sounding food :) Expect me round next time you are doing roast pork! I love slow cooked pork of any description :)

Really sounds like psychologically the reset is doing a grand job and its fabulous that the scales are behaving so well. Have you found you have got used to eating that may calories quicker than you thought? I found that very much. I miss TDEE now :( Theoretically 2000 calories a day is loads but I definitely miss the extra 300!

Wow MW! Your Update tired me out just reading it! Some Yummy Scrummy Food there, I love how there's Home Grown/Home Made tho, nice to see :) I don't think any of the Teachers were Striking at Poppy's School, thank goodness! X PS-What colour are your Ear Muffs and Hat? I think I might treat myself to a Superdry Hat once the weather turns a bit colder. X

Yep, I love home grown, but don't get as much time to grow everything I would like to. The ear muffs and hat were both grey. I normally go for something a bit brighter but the ear muffs have built in phone/music headphones, and were reduced from £12 to £3. They are the ones that go round the back of your head too,instead of over the top. The hat was a sort of tam shape with a bobble, and was only £1.50, so two bargains I couldn't resist!

That's some tasty sounding food :) Expect me round next time you are doing roast pork! I love slow cooked pork of any description :)

Really sounds like psychologically the reset is doing a grand job and its fabulous that the scales are behaving so well. Have you found you have got used to eating that may calories quicker than you thought? I found that very much. I miss TDEE now :( Theoretically 2000 calories a day is loads but I definitely miss the extra 300!

Yes I definitely did find I got used to the larger calorie intake a lot quicker than I expected. I have still been quite hungry this week, so I have allowed myself to go a bit over TDEE, especially after being unwell last week. I feel if I am really hungry on TDEE reset, then I ought to eat. It is settling down a little now though - especially as I try to make a point of having mid morning and late afternoon snacks in addition to my main meals. Went for a nice long walk this evening, which made me feel a bit better about the extra calories. Needed it to blow away the horrible couple of days I have had at work.

I have felt very tired this week. Could be recovering from the bug, but I also remember reading that can happen a week or two into a reset. Can't really remember why. Will have to have a read tomorrow. Off to bed now and will update with food tomorrow. OH's alarm is set for 4.00am. Ouch!

Yep, I love home grown, but don't get as much time to grow everything I would like to. The ear muffs and hat were both grey. I normally go for something a bit brighter but the ear muffs have built in phone/music headphones, and were reduced from £12 to £3. They are the ones that go round the back of your head too,instead of over the top. The hat was a sort of tam shape with a bobble, and was only £1.50, so two bargains I couldn't resist!

Yes I definitely did find I got used to the larger calorie intake a lot quicker than I expected. I have still been quite hungry this week, so I have allowed myself to go a bit over TDEE, especially after being unwell last week. I feel if I am really hungry on TDEE reset, then I ought to eat. It is settling down a little now though - especially as I try to make a point of having mid morning and late afternoon snacks in addition to my main meals. Went for a nice long walk this evening, which made me feel a bit better about the extra calories. Needed it to blow away the horrible couple of days I have had at work.

I have felt very tired this week. Could be recovering from the bug, but I also remember reading that can happen a week or two into a reset. Can't really remember why. Will have to have a read tomorrow. Off to bed now and will update with food tomorrow. OH's alarm is set for 4.00am. Ouch!

Oooooo I love a bargain! Will u be up at 4am too? Hope u have a good nights sleep. X

Hey Hun foods been sounding great and loving your bargains!!
Hope you are ok xx

Back