MWWWD (or Moonwatcher's Weight Watchers Diary!)

Hey MW, Hope you're doing better and the yucky virus things is finished doin the rounds :) xx

Hi JoJo. Sorry, just spotted this -nearly missed it. We're both a lot better thanks, just a few bouts of dizziness now and again.

Oooooo I love a bargain! Will u be up at 4am too? Hope u have a good nights sleep. X

Unlikely I'll be up at 4am Serena. I like my bed too much. I reset the alarm once OH is out of bed!

Hey Hun foods been sounding great and loving your bargains!!
Hope you are ok xx

Yep I love a bargain, and free from the garden is a real bargain too!

Food update for Wednesday 3rd October.

Breakfast - leftover rice pudding and a cup of earl grey with s/s milk. That's it. I'm chucking the rest in the bin. Had enough of it now!

Mid morning - gluten free jam tart (not sure which jam it was - it was red though!) cup of coffee with milk

Lunch - cold pork sandwich with gluten free seeded bread and Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce, cherry tomatoes, packet of cheese and onion crisps, gala apple, Clementine

At home after school.- shared a graze box with the OH - half each of chilli habas tapas, apricot torte mix of nuts, choc and raisins, after dinner mix and jaffa cake mix, one coffee and cream

Dinner - gluten free spaghetti with smoked garlic, chorizo and cheese sauce, beetroot with wasabi, maple syrup and balsamic vinegar dressing, grapes, a glass of tropical fruit cider

Several glasses of water.

Totals 2321/2160 (+161 cals)

A good food day but a really crappy work day. Definitely one of those weeks so far.

Sorry to hear that work is being rather pants :-( Only one more day and then it's the Weekend :) x

Thursday 3rd October

Breakfast - 2 pieces of gluten free toast with butter and apricot jam, choir earl grey with s/s milk

Mid morning - coconut macaroon with coffee and milk

Lunch - homemade curried swede soup with two slices of gluten free seeded bread, one clementine

At home after school - greek yogurt with homemade trail type mix (sultanas, raisins, cherries, flaked almonds, mixed seeds, dessicated coconut), sliced banana and a sprinkling of demerara sugar, one coffee and cream.

Dinner - large frittata omelette with onion, jalapeno, bacon, smoked garlic and smoked cheddar, beetroot, fried plum tomatoes (our own grown - soooo tasty) and baked beans, a squirt of Heinz BBQ sauce, grapes

Several glasses of water.

Total 2139/2160 (31cals left at the moment, but just about to have a white hot chocolate options, which I think are 44 calories, so that will take me over by about 13 calories)

Better day at work today, thank goodness!

Dinner sounds so yum and so does the options. Everyone's drinkn that on here im so gona buy some when I go food shopping tomorrow

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sorry to hear that work is being rather pants :-( Only one more day and then it's the Weekend :) x

Thanks Serena. Better day today. The nature of the job is that you get a lot of 'challenges,' haha. Normally you get the ups or the 'feel good moments' too to make up for it, but they just didn't happen earlier this week. Add to that some colleagues who were saying one thing and complaining a lot in the staff room and then doing a complete about turn in the meeting when they had a chance to actually have some official input. Then back in the staff room they are moaning about it again. Grrrrh. That does make me cross.

Dinner sounds so yum and so does the options. Everyone's drinkn that on here im so gona buy some when I go food shopping tomorrow

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I love the white one, but I'm not so keen on the others. I think that might just be me though 'cos the other flavours do seem pretty popular.

Personally I find the white one too 'milky', I have to say I like all the other ones tho! So far I've tried Orange, Mint, Coconut, Ginger, Caramel and I have Hazelnut to try tonight! Don't think there are any other flavours other than the normal one? X

Personally I find the white one too 'milky', I have to say I like all the other ones tho! So far I've tried Orange, Mint, Coconut, Ginger, Caramel and I have Hazelnut to try tonight! Don't think there are any other flavours other than the normal one? X

I haven't tried the Ginger one yet. I may like that one as I love ginger. I buy the white one in the jars when they are on offer. Tried a Turkish delight one once - eeee-yuk!

Really, really glad it is Friday. Have just added up my calories for the week and I have averaged 2288 daily - so 128 per day over TDEE. Most of the time I have only eaten when genuinely hungry though, so I feel that is ok. Scales have been up by about 2lbs earlier in the week, but I am still very happy about the scale results on this amount of food, so no complaints from me. Will stick to recording a WI every Saturday, just for record keeping during the reset.

Tomorrow is the beginning of week 4 of my reset, so I thought I ought to tell the OH about it and, true to form for a bloke, he hadn't noticed any difference! I thought he might just roll his eyes at another 'plan' but he was actually very supportive. After so many years of me dieting, I think this idea quite appeals to him.

So, food for today. Friday 4th October

Breakfast - two pieces of gluten free toast with butter and apricot jam with earl grey tea and s/s milk

Nothing mid morning as I was caught up in a discussion about a pupil.

Lunch (very ready for this after no break and spending an hour with Year 9s cooking cakes!) - three pieces of gluten free bread with cheddar, chopped onion and jalapenos, cherry toms, a gluten free jam tart, a packet of Mrs Crimble's baked potato snack things (can't remember the exact name at the momemt!) a clementine

At home after school - a coffee with cream, a vanilla chai tea with s/s milk, half a packet of ready salted kettle crisps, five squares of Cadbury's dairy milk choc

Later - a Mrs Crimble's macaroon and another vanilla chai tea

Dinner - small jacket potato with chilli ratatouille (this was using our own grown courgettes, aubergine, chilli, herbs and tomatoes, so was very pleased with it!), a spoonful of greek yogurt and some grated cheddar, ten more squares of chocolate, one glace cherry (raided from the pantry while making the ratatouille)

Had a few glasses of water and half a glass of cider.

Total - 2183/2160 (+23 cals)

I haven't tried the Ginger one yet. I may like that one as I love ginger. I buy the white one in the jars when they are on offer. Tried a Turkish delight one once - eeee-yuk!

Ginger is particularly warming! Hazelnut last night tasted like Ferrero Rocher mmmmmmm! X

Really, really glad it is Friday. Have just added up my calories for the week and I have averaged 2288 daily - so 128 per day over TDEE. Most of the time I have only eaten when genuinely hungry though, so I feel that is ok. Scales have been up by about 2lbs earlier in the week, but I am still very happy about the scale results on this amount of food, so no complaints from me. Will stick to recording a WI every Saturday, just for record keeping during the reset.

Tomorrow is the beginning of week 4 of my reset, so I thought I ought to tell the OH about it and, true to form for a bloke, he hadn't noticed any difference! I thought he might just roll his eyes at another 'plan' but he was actually very supportive. After so many years of me dieting, I think this idea quite appeals to him.

So, food for today. Friday 4th October

Breakfast - two pieces of gluten free toast with butter and apricot jam with earl grey tea and s/s milk

Nothing mid morning as I was caught up in a discussion about a pupil.

Lunch (very ready for this after no break and spending an hour with Year 9s cooking cakes!) - three pieces of gluten free bread with cheddar, chopped onion and jalapenos, cherry toms, a gluten free jam tart, a packet of Mrs Crimble's baked potato snack things (can't remember the exact name at the momemt!) a clementine

At home after school - a coffee with cream, a vanilla chai tea with s/s milk, half a packet of ready salted kettle crisps, five squares of Cadbury's dairy milk choc

Later - a Mrs Crimble's macaroon and another vanilla chai tea

Dinner - small jacket potato with chilli ratatouille (this was using our own grown courgettes, aubergine, chilli, herbs and tomatoes, so was very pleased with it!), a spoonful of greek yogurt and some grated cheddar, ten more squares of chocolate, one glace cherry (raided from the pantry while making the ratatouille)

Had a few glasses of water and half a glass of cider.

Total - 2183/2160 (+23 cals)

I love how your OH hadn't noticed any difference, typical man! Your food for yesterday sounded yummy, I particularly like the sound of your Chilli Ratatouille! What do you have planned for the Weekend? X

Calories over all for the week sound pretty good. And you are still making very tasty use of your calories by the sounds of it :)

Did you have an offical-unofficial weigh in today?

Ginger is particularly warming! Hazelnut last night tasted like Ferrero Rocher mmmmmmm! X

I love how your OH hadn't noticed any difference, typical man! Your food for yesterday sounded yummy, I particularly like the sound of your Chilli Ratatouille! What do you have planned for the Weekend? X

Yes as you say typical man! He has no idea about calorie values etc. He did say it was a good job I told him as if I had eaten the whole huge bar of choc he bought on Friday, then he may have thought I'd given up dieting!

Calories over all for the week sound pretty good. And you are still making very tasty use of your calories by the sounds of it :)

Did you have an offical-unofficial weigh in today?

I forgot to WI yesterday as we were getting ready to go out for a seaside wander again! Will get on scales in a while though (not up yet) and will update later for WI and yesterday's food.

I think the TDEE approach seems to make a bit more sense to men than some of the other stuff we have all tried! When I explained it to my OH it had to try very hard to keep the "i told you so" look off his face ;) He is a fan of the food changes since I started as well. More regular baking and having full fat cream cheese are some of his favourite changes.

All you food sounds delish, I wish I was so organised, I never seem to have the time/energy to cook every day, that's why I love Sundays as I can potter in the kitchen. The reset seems to be going well and it's great your hubby is so supportive :)

Looking forward to an update re Seaside Wander and Food :) The Perfect Combo for an update! X

I think the TDEE approach seems to make a bit more sense to men than some of the other stuff we have all tried! When I explained it to my OH it had to try very hard to keep the "i told you so" look off his face ;) He is a fan of the food changes since I started as well. More regular baking and having full fat cream cheese are some of his favourite changes.

Well as the OH said, and I have said myself - what I was doing hadn't been working for a while, so the way forward is to change something, and this change makes sense. He also was very impressed to get mashed potato with a knob of butter tonight!

All you food sounds delish, I wish I was so organised, I never seem to have the time/energy to cook every day, that's why I love Sundays as I can potter in the kitchen. The reset seems to be going well and it's great your hubby is so supportive :)

Thanks. I must admit, I often feel far from organised when it it is one of those nights of slinging together whatever is in the fridge! I have had a bit of a veg plot and kitchen potter myself today though.

Looking forward to an update re Seaside Wander and Food :) The Perfect Combo for an update! X

About to update for yesterday and today in a mo.

Well as the OH said, and I have said myself - what I was doing hadn't been working for a while, so the way forward is to change something, and this change makes sense. He also was very impressed to get mashed potato with a knob of butter tonight!

Thanks. I must admit, I often feel far from organised when it it is one of those nights of slinging together whatever is in the fridge! I have had a bit of a veg plot and kitchen potter myself today though.

About to update for yesterday and today in a mo.

Looking forward to it :) x

Well I had just finished typing a long post and the app crashed, so here we go again. Will do one day at a time in case it happens again.

Saturday 5th October

Breakfast - puffed rice cereal with mixed fruit and nuts, dessicated coconut, milk with demerara sugar, one earl grey with milk, one coffee with cream

Then we drove out to one of our favourite seaside towns - Sheringham - for a wander around and a walk along the seafront.

In the car on the way there and back - some Haribo tangfastic

Lunch while we were there - struggled a bit to find something gluten free where we stopped to eat, so ended up with a stilton ploughman's minus the roll, which was OK, but basically a cheese salad! Did take a picture though as it was such a huge chunk of stilton.

CAM00102.jpg

Later after a walk - a piece of gluten free coffee and walnut cake with two affagatos (a scoop of vanilla gelato with a shot of espresso)

Back at home - one packet of cheese and onion crisps and 11 chunks of Cadbury's Dairy milk with a glass of cider - Saturday night in front of the TV!

Total cals 2221/2160 (+ 61 cals)

Last edited:
... and today Sunday 6th October

'After midnight feast'

Stayed up late last night watching TV and was really hungry around 12.30 am, so had a gluten free jam tart and a packet of Mrs Crimble's oven baked cheese potato snacks

Lazy morning with breakfast in bed of gluten free cereal flakes, milk and sweetener, an earl grey with milk and a coffee with cream

Mid morning - a vanilla chai tea with Holland and Barrett's ginger explosion (some plain and some coated in dark chocolate - yum yum)

Once we were finally up and about we picked a load of tomatoes, some chillies, courgettes, runner beans and some raspberries and blackberries Then I had a lovely potter about in the kitchen and froze the leftover ratatouille from the other night to make into soup later in the week, trimmed and froze loads of the runner beans, made OH some ginger, cinnamon and apple flapjacks and made myself some similar slices with puffed rice instead of the oats. I don't think mine are going to hold together very well though, so they may end up as toasted rice granola to go in yogurt instead! Then while the cottage pie was cooking I whizzed up a flourless chocolate cake for later.

So dinner was cottage pie with mashed swede, carrots, runner beans and gravy, horseradish and mint sauces, a small glass of cider

In a while we will have pudd (we were too full earlier after the cottage pie) - flourless chocolate cake with our raspberries and blackberries and a little cream.

Calories so far are 1997, so still have 163 to go to hit my TDEE. May try one of my 'ricejacks' with a white chocolate options to finish the night, or maybe a packet of crisps instead.

Last edited:
Back