MWWWD (or Moonwatcher's Weight Watchers Diary!)

No, I don't have to go in at all over half terms, so a whole week off ahead!

It will be homemade pizza - on a gf Warburton's wrap and served with sweetfire beetroot. I will probably have either potato or sweet potato wedges with it. I am an unashamed Poirot fan. The 'last four' episodes are on over the next four Wednesdays, so that's my Wednesday nights sorted for a while!

Pizza sounds good but a whole Week off sounds even better ;-) Might do Pizza Making with Poppy over the Hols. X

I love home made pizza. It always seems so indulgent, even though you can make your own for far fewer calories/points than a bought one.

Forgot to include my calories on my post above. Today's total is 2204/2160 (+ 44 calories). I did think I was slightly under my calories, but then realised I had read the calories for the fruit salad as 75 total for the pot, but it is actually 75 calories for half the pot, Still, don't suppose I will get fatter on 75 calories of pineapple and mango!

I love home made pizza. It always seems so indulgent, even though you can make your own for far fewer calories/points than a bought one.

Forgot to include my calories on my post above. Today's total is 2204/2160 (+ 44 calories). I did think I was slightly under my calories, but then realised I had read the calories for the fruit salad as 75 total for the pot, but it is actually 75 calories for half the pot, Still, don't suppose I will get fatter on 75 calories of pineapple and mango!

I don't think anyone got fat on pineapple and mango ;-) Maybe just the Batter and Syrup which sometimes goes with it ;-) x

I don't think anyone got fat on pineapple and mango ;-) Maybe just the Batter and Syrup which sometimes goes with it ;-) x

You're right there!

Update for Wednesday 23rd October

Lots of timetable changes and meetings/dramas today. Counting down to Friday at 3.30!

Breakfast - gluten free honey nut flakes and milk, coffee with cream

Mid morning - raspberry ruffle choc bar and a coffee with milk

Lunch - gluten free genius seeded bread roll with brie and lime pickle, plum tomatoes, cox apple, one ounce lightly salted kettle crisps

At home after school - coffee with cream and gluten free mince pie

Dinner - warbies wrap pizza with BBQ sauce, tomatoes, jalapenos, red pepper slices, cheddar and scotch bonnet cheddar, black olives, salami, herbs and garlic, spicy oven baked potato 'chips' sweetfire beetroot, a clementine

Water, glass of cider

Total calories for today - 2213/2160 (+ 53 cals)

You're right there!

Update for Wednesday 23rd October

Lots of timetable changes and meetings/dramas today. Counting down to Friday at 3.30!

Breakfast - gluten free honey nut flakes and milk, coffee with cream

Mid morning - raspberry ruffle choc bar and a coffee with milk

Lunch - gluten free genius seeded bread roll with brie and lime pickle, plum tomatoes, cox apple, one ounce lightly salted kettle crisps

At home after school - coffee with cream and gluten free mince pie

Dinner - warbies wrap pizza with BBQ sauce, tomatoes, jalapenos, red pepper slices, cheddar and scotch bonnet cheddar, black olives, salami, herbs and garlic, spicy oven baked potato 'chips' sweetfire beetroot, a clementine

Water, glass of cider

Total calories for today - 2213/2160 (+ 53 cals)

Fab Day MW and only 2 Days left till the bell rings :) OMG your pizza sounds amazing, I actually dribbled reading the toppings! X

Am thoroughly stuffed - even more than two hours later! Got three pieces to take for lunch tomorrow too!

Jealous.com! I need to make me a pizza!!! X

Well, half term is finally here. Very, very emotional day today, saying goodbye to one of my favourite pupils who will not be back in school for a while. Was just asleep on my feet when I got home, so I had an hour in bed dozing, and then we went to a lovely beach side pizza/pasta place to eat. I really needed someone to just place some food in front of me! I had gluten free penne chicken carbonara with a handful of skinny fries and two.small scoops of ice cream - wild cherry and mascarpone flavours, with a diet coke. Not sure of total calories for today yet - probably I will be over by a bit, especially because of the cream in the carbonara, but after breakfast and lunch etc I had over 1200 calories left, so hopefully not to much over my TDEE. Will number crunch and update with some sort of final figure in a moment!

Food for today, Friday 25th October

Breakfast - gluten free honey nut cornflakes with milk, coffee and cream

Mid morning - raspberry ruffle choc bar with coffee and milk

Lunch - half a gluten free bagel with feta and jalapenos, plum tomatoes, one ounce of kettle crisps, an apple and a clementine. Threw away half of the bagel, very dense and hard work!

Dinner - chicken carbonara gluten free penne, skinny fries, wild cherry and mascarpone ice cream, diet coke

Snacks - several pieces (15) of dark choc ginger, earl grey tea with milk

Total calories come out to 2314/2160 (+ 154 calories), so not as bad as I though tbh.

Hey MW! Thank Crunchie it was Friday and the Start of the Holidays! Friday sounded like a particularly yummy day! Your Lunch sounded super yummy but then so did dinner ;-) Wow at only be 154cals over too! What are your plans for the first day of the Hols? X

Sounds like you've had a really successful week foodwise :) Dinner out last night sounds very much deserved.

Have you got anything planned for half term? I would kill for a week's holiday at the moment. Although I do intend on informing my manager on Monday that i will spend a couple of mornings working from home next week so I can monitor my cat after his first few insulin doses. And while I will actually do work it will be much nicer to that work with a cat sitting on me and a close personal relationship forged with my tv and the kettle ;)

Hey MW! Thank Crunchie it was Friday and the Start of the Holidays! Friday sounded like a particularly yummy day! Your Lunch sounded super yummy but then so did dinner ;-) Wow at only be 154cals over too! What are your plans for the first day of the Hols? X

Sounds like you've had a really successful week foodwise :) Dinner out last night sounds very much deserved.

Have you got anything planned for half term? I would kill for a week's holiday at the moment. Although I do intend on informing my manager on Monday that i will spend a couple of mornings working from home next week so I can monitor my cat after his first few insulin doses. And while I will actually do work it will be much nicer to that work with a cat sitting on me and a close personal relationship forged with my tv and the kettle ;)

It was a great dinner, and since then I have had two more! Yesterday we had a day wandering round the shops at the coast - not too many bargains I'm afraid - only a woolly hat, a scarf, a long wool top (brave/slimmer people would probably wear it as a dress with leggings, but I am only brave enough for skinny jeans tucked into boots - a bit more forgiving than leggings) and a black poncho top. I'm sure there must be a more modern name for them now than poncho, but I don't know what it is!

Had a pub meal later of gammon and chips with peas and a pineapple ring, a Captain Morgan's and dry ginger washed it down. We had cereal earlier for breakfast, and the rest of the day was a very snack filled day with crisps, dried mango pieces, cheese, cider, galaxy chocolate and Rowntree's Halloween themed Randoms! Well over calories because of all the nibbles, even though my main meal wasn't too horrendous.

Have had a week with several days over calories and practically no exercise, not even as much walking/housework as usual, as I was so tired, so I have bounced up on the scales to 15st 6.6 lbs - nearly another two pounds up. Now, I have mixed feelings about this - I'm generally OK with it, as I think it's deserved/OK during the reset, but I am a bit concerned that I may be 'too much OK' with it if you see what I mean. It's one thing being OK about gaining but I don't want it to become too OK! On the other hand, I want to maintain the more relaxed feeling around food, and love the fact that I can have an icecream when we are out if I want one, even if we have already had a meal, without feeling guilty. Today I didn't even want one as was full enough and know I can always have one another time when I do want it!

I'm sure that even when I cut my calories to start losing again, that there will be days where I eat over that amount. I have deliberately allowed some of my TDEE calories to come from things that will be 'easy' to drop down that 200-250 calories - eg: full fat milk down to semi skimmed again, drop the crisps at lunchtime, have tea instead of coffee with cream now and again and I'm there.

I am going to attempt to rein it in for the rest of this week - have been over my TDEE yesterday and will probably be over today. OH has a couple of days off tomorrow and Tuesday, but we will probably be staying in tomorrow if the weather forecast is accurate! Hopefully a reasonable TDEE week can regulate things and stop this gradual increase, so I am ready to start the cut in a couple of weeks time. (This is the end of week six now, with a gain of 5 lbs overall, which I suppose is not too bad and within the 'expected' parameters for this).

Atomic - sorry to hear about Spike. I'm sure you and he will soon get used to his new routine/injections etc. Do you have to cut out things like cat biscuits etc? A friend had a cat with diabetes a few years ago and I seem to remember they had to do that, as we joked at the time it was the (k)Atkins diet! I bet he will get even more cuddles now though which sounds like something he will make the most of!

Will post a bit about today's food in a moment.

Update for today - Sunday 27th October

Breakfast - a curly wurly and a cup of earl grey with milk

Pub lunch at the coast of steak and chips with peas, mushrooms, tomato and pineapple ring, half a cider

Afternoon tea - gluten free sticky toffee blondie with a pot of earl grey and milk

Had a wander round the town and along the sea front. The waves were coming in diagonally to the shore - around 45°, which I have never seen on that part of the coast before. We are apparently in the 'be ready for the worst' area for the impending 'Storm of Doom' tomorrow, so when the wind changed direction and started to get worse we popped into Co-op for a packet of my gluten free honey nut cornflakes (siege mentality - can't run out of them!) and then into the newly opened Tesco to suss it out. How sad are we? It is just like every other Tesco, but it has only just opened two days ago, so we had to see it for ourselves! Picked up some cheese on a 3 for 2 offer. No surprises there!

We now have cheddar with chipotle and sun dried tomatoes, sweetfire chilli cheddar and white stilton with apricots and valencian orange to add to the sweet chilli philadelphia, feta, brie, pineapple ring soft cheese with nuts (can't remember the name!), roule with chilli, goat's cheese and cream cheese which is already in the fridge, so if we do have a power cut in the storm, we could have a lot of cheese eating to do. I WILL DO MY BEST TO COPE!

Came home and 'battened down the hatches' on the greenhouses - they don't always do well in high winds, then we came in, had two cups of coffee with cream, lit the fire, found loads of standby candles and matches, checked the torch batteries, got the gas camping stoves in and sat down to watch 'The Perfect Storm' on TV - acclimatisation therapy!

Am munching on some kettle crisps and dried mango pieces (not together!) with another glass iof cider at the moment.

Total calories are about 150 over at the moment, but realistically I still have X Factor and Downton to getting through - will try and limit the extras to fruit now - have some nice clementines in the fruit bowl. At least I have managed a bit of walking over the last couple of days. It was yesterday evening before I felt remotely human after Friday, so I'm prepared to give myself a bit of leeway.

Last edited:
Well the storm is raging here, but so far all the local trees are still standing and the electricity is still on. It is a stay in day - still in dressing gowns at the moment with breakfast and tea. Later, if the power is still on, it is baking time!

Hope you are all safe in the storm. xx

Well the storm is raging here, but so far all the local trees are still standing and the electricity is still on. It is a stay in day - still in dressing gowns at the moment with breakfast and tea. Later, if the power is still on, it is baking time!

Hope you are all safe in the storm. xx

Hey MW, Storm is settling down here now, although it did wake me up at 5am, yawn! I think we have heavy rain due at 3pm?!? X

Hey MW, Storm is settling down here now, although it did wake me up at 5am, yawn! I think we have heavy rain due at 3pm?!? X

We had very little going on here after the big build up they gave it for this area. Looks a lot worse further south.

This was the post I lost, so edited it down to avoid a lot of duplication!

Last edited:

Just typed a long reply, tried to upload pics and the app crashed! Aaargh! Will try again and upload the pics from the kindle later instead.

Woke up with a bad stomach today -something yesterday must have set me off, probably cross contamination in the pub kitchen, as I cannot think what else it could have been. Sigh, Got more uncomfortable as the day has gone on. Today's eating has been very focussed on bread/cakes type food, which are not the best when my stomach is already playing up. even although they are gluten free, but sometimes I just get fed up of checking, asking, being careful etc,. and still getting caught out, so I have enjoyed a day of baking and eating the goodies. Have a small piece of beef out of the freezer for tomorrow, so a more balanced day ahead then.

Breakfast - honey nut cornflakes and earl grey tea

Mid morning - gluten free mince pie and a coffee with cream

Then tackled some experimental gluten free baking. Carrot cake, traybake blueberry scones,, gingerbread slices and cinnamon golden raisin loaf all came out well, but the less said about the spiced apple muffin recipe the better! Don't think a muffin has ever actually made me gag before! They are in the bin.

Lunch/afternoon food was sampling the baking - one gingerbread slice, one blueberry scone, crumbs of carrot loaf after slicing. No apple muffin as spitting it out doesn't count! Tea with earl grey.

Tonight - three pieces of gf bread as bacon, brie and feta sandwich with Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce, handful of kettle crisps, small glass of cider, two clementines

Water

Total calories today 2062/2160. 98 calories left, but feeling so uncomfortable that I doubt I will have anything else. Have been over several days, so no problem being a bit under calories today.

Pictures of today's gluten free baking:

SAM_3292 copy.jpg

The carrot cake at the back, (not iced, as OH prefers his without, so I just add a spoonful of cream cheese and a splash of lemon juice if I fancy a topping) In front are some of the gingerbread slices.

SAM_3293 copy.jpg At the back is the cinnamon and golden raisin loaf, in front are the blueberry scone wedges.

Have no idea how the pink smiley got on to the top of my message, but am having a lot of problems with Minis tonight!

Last edited:
Wow MW! Your Baking Pics actually made me dribble (and want cake!) at this hour of the morning ;-) I think I like the sound of Cinnamon Raisin Loaf, got a thing about Cinnamon at the moment! Out of interest, do GF Recipes tend to have similar Cals to 'normal' recipes or are they more/less? I know it's not for that reason which you have gone GF but I'm just curious!

Wow MW! Your Baking Pics actually made me dribble (and want cake!) at this hour of the morning ;-) I think I like the sound of Cinnamon Raisin Loaf, got a thing about Cinnamon at the moment! Out of interest, do GF Recipes tend to have similar Cals to 'normal' recipes or are they more/less? I know it's not for that reason which you have gone GF but I'm just curious!

Thanks Serena. OH is like a cat with two tails at the choice of cake in the house! I'm a bit less enthusiastic because although I want to have a piece, everything I eat is affecting my stomach since Sunday, so will probably settle for yogurt for breakfast. Just don't fancy cake (he is planning to toast a piece of the raisin loaf,) I was going to have a blueberry scone with cream cheese and honey... maybe later. I am sure my cake appetite will come back soon enough!

Some of the Gf stuff is higher I'm calories, especially the shop bought ones, because the gf flours absorb more moisture so more fat is often added to make up for that. I try to add my moisture in other ways, but I think that is partly what went wrong with the muffins - the recipe was far too dry. I have noticed it with several of the recipes in the book - she must use very large eggs! I added some milk, but the coconut flour didn't absorb it properly, hence the slimy textute. I used honey instead of sugar in the scones, which doesn't reduce calories as such, but gives some sweetness as liquid, and they have a little butter rubbed in, but not much when you divide by 8 scones.

I think it is quite difficult to make a successful really low cal gf cake. I promise to continue my extensive research though!

Last edited:
Back