MWWWD (or Moonwatcher's Weight Watchers Diary!)

Well done on the LOSS!

I think that your attitude is super. You lost, and you WILL get into the 14's in no time.
I agree, setting timed goals puts so much pressure on when you've enough pressure in your life with just the day to day things and then the added pressure of trying to lose weight!

You're doing brilliantly so enjoy your loss and have a nice wee treat today! x

Well done on the loss and as you say you know that 14 stone something mark will be hit soon enough..yea no added pressure doing WW at home :0) picnic for days out sound nice :0)

Well done on the LOSS!

I think that your attitude is super. You lost, and you WILL get into the 14's in no time.
I agree, setting timed goals puts so much pressure on when you've enough pressure in your life with just the day to day things and then the added pressure of trying to lose weight!

You're doing brilliantly so enjoy your loss and have a nice wee treat today! x

Don't dwell on it indeed, a loss is a loss and -1lb a week is a very reasonable goal anyway!

Thanks all. Well when it comes down to it, there are basically two choices - keep going or give up - and I definitely don't want to give up after coming this far. I've never been able to stick with it and keep going like this in all the past years - this time is different - I've finally 'got it!'

Well done on your loss hun. You are doing great xxx

Wednesday August 15th

Breakfast - Cereal Bar and Orange - Total 2PP
- one Aldi Red Berry Cereal Bar (2PP), one Orange (0PP)

Lunch - Egg Muffin - Total 7PP -
one white Muffin (4PP), one Egg (2PP), fried in one tspn Olive Oil (1PP), tbspn HP Sauce (0PP)

Tea - Jacket, Beans and Cheese - Total 12PP
- 7oz Jacket (4PP), 4 bspns Baked Beans (3PP), 1oz Cheddar (3PP), tbspn LF Mayo (1PP), big pile of Beetroot (0PP) Grapefruit (0PP), tspn Sugar (1PP)

Snack - Scone with Butter - Total 12PP - 1.5 small Sultana Scones (8PP), 4 tspns Butter (4PP)

Drinks - Water, NAS squash, Green Tea, cup of Tea with a splash of SS Milk (0PP)

Totals 33PP, 29 dailies and 4 weeklies
Weeklies remaining - 45
APs earned today = 5 (mixture of Wii Fit, MyFitnessCoach Cardio workout and light weights/crunches)

Tried out the other MyFitnessCoach DVD today - not very impressed. Working through the Profile set up, I can't do star jumps because of my knees, but when you pick 'skip this exercise' it takes you straight to the exercise result page and won't let you go any further til you enter your heart-rate! How can I enter a heart rate for after an exercise I haven't done? All the aerobics have a high impact element in them, which again I can't do 'cos of my knees, so I have to fill in with something else. Also, don't like the way that 3 times in a 15 min workout 'she' asks me how I'm doing, with a choice of three options, and everything stops 'til I get the remote and choose an answer. It will be going back to the library this week - don't really feel it will give me anything that I can't get on Youtube or cheap DVDs from the secondhand shops. It's not for me, although I'm sure some people get on well with it. The 'Get in Shape' one on the other hand, is based on Boxing, and I like that one, so may invest in that at a later date. Will be trying out the Zumba 2 and Let's Dance tomorrow.

Food looks good.. scones, yum! Sorry to hear you didn't get on with the MFC workout, my personal favourite Wii game is Just Dance simply because it doesn't feel like i'm working out :p Definitely recommend it!

Yep, looking forward to that one today. At least I hadn't bought the MFC one - paid £3.20 for the week's hire, but would be more fed up if I'd paid out to buy it! I know a lot of people like it, it just isn't for me. Thing is, I'm actually enjoying the exercise, and I want it to stay that way, so want to really 'gel' with what I'm doing, and it just didn't do it for me!

moonwatcher said:
Yep, looking forward to that one today. At least I hadn't bought the MFC one - paid £3.20 for the week's hire, but would be more fed up if I'd paid out to buy it! I know a lot of people like it, it just isn't for me. Thing is, I'm actually enjoying the exercise, and I want it to stay that way, so want to really 'gel' with what I'm doing, and it just didn't do it for me!

Glad you aren't giving up on WW though I never thought you would anyhow! Hmm the stopping and starting would annoy me aswell! Glad you are enjoying exercise though :0)

Right - was supposed to be exercising by 10.00am so I need to get a shake on soon! Hubby has to do some extra work this afternoon delivering some stuff to Yarmouth and Lowestoft, so if he can get permission I'm going along for the ride. Yarmouth is def not my favourite place, but truth is I'm going for the freshly cooked ring doughnuts they do along the front! They are 7PP each so I'm going to allow myself two, and need the rest of the day to come in with minimal weekly points use, as need to save them for days out between now and next Weds! The food plan is therefore - Cereal and Yogurt, Home-made veg soup (prob Carrot and Cumin, (or Tomato if the carrots are off!) one piece of bread to dip in, 2 Doughnuts (yay) Turkey mince chilli with a few pieces of spud in, and plenty of veg, fruit whenever. Haven't put it into tracker yet, but a quick PP eyeball says around 29 it is!

Glad you aren't giving up on WW though I never thought you would anyhow! Hmm the stopping and starting would annoy me aswell! Glad you are enjoying exercise though :0)

No def not giving up - come too far for that. Also find it suits me better than anything I've done in the past. I did do WW around 10 years ago, but the plan was more complicated then as I remember - had to have a certain number of portions of carbs, certain number of protein, fats etc. I think the current plan is brill.

moonwatcher said:
No def not giving up - come too far for that. Also find it suits me better than anything I've done in the past. I did do WW around 10 years ago, but the plan was more complicated then as I remember - had to have a certain number of portions of carbs, certain number of protein, fats etc. I think the current plan is brill.

Yup I love the current plan though think I will stick with simply filling as often as I can,pp days help though :0)

Enjoy your work out..aw that's good if you can go along for the ride..just out of curiosity..what don't you like bout Yarmouth?

I don't dis-like it as such. I mean the sand and beach there is lovely. I just prefer the quieter North Norfolk coast. Lots of amusement arcades etc., which aren't really my thing... but there are loads of different restaurants, pubs, and some really good places to go - Waxworks Museum, the Pier, Fun-fair, Model Village, 'Back in time' place (can't remember what it's called), Sea World, and lots more. If we go to Yarmouth we go for the doughnuts and to visit one of those places, rather than the beach itself, which is probably a bit silly really, 'cos, as I say, the beach is a nice beach.

moonwatcher said:
I don't dis-like it as such. I mean the sand and beach there is lovely. I just prefer the quieter North Norfolk coast. Lots of amusement arcades etc., which aren't really my thing... but there are loads of different restaurants, pubs, and some really good places to go - Waxworks Museum, the Pier, Fun-fair, Model Village, 'Back in time' place (can't remember what it's called), Sea World, and lots more. If we go to Yarmouth we go for the doughnuts and to visit one of those places, rather than the beach itself, which is probably a bit silly really, 'cos, as I say, the beach is a nice beach.

Aw ok,just wondered as I've been there a few times and never really thought about it until we stopped there overnight when we did our boating trip this year and we both decided that we to preferred the quieter places to moor and vist :0)

Well you were right Jaly - Just Dance (I got the name wrong on my earlier posts) is really good fun. I did half an hour (phew!) but as you say it doesn't feel like exercise, although it certainly builds up a sweat and gets the heart rate going - perfect! Had a look at the Zumba 2 as well, and the reviews are right - it is much better than the first one. Will defo buy the dance one, maybe the Zumba 2 later on. Won't be going to Yarmouth etc. now as hubby can't get the OK for me to go in the van. He's going to bring me two doughnuts home though, as I'm set on having them now! Off for a shower, then will put soup on in slow cooker while I nip down to Bernard Matthews for some more bargains! Then making chilli for tonight.

Last edited:
Well it looks like I'll be talkin' Turkey for the next few weeks! My haul was...

12 packs of pre-cooked Turkey Tikka chunks, 100g per pack (50p a pack)
4 packs x Breaded Turkey Escalopes with Cheese and Leek Topping, 2 in a pack (75p per pack)
3 packs of plain Turkey Breast Steaks, 375g per pack, usually 3 steaks in each one (£1 per pack)
4 packs of Southern Fried Crispy Chicken Steaks, 2 in a pack (50p per pack)
1 kg bag of Crispy Crumb Turkey Steaks (£1)

£15 for the lot - freezer now full, and while sorting freezer out found 4 Plain Escalopes, 6 Turkey Nuggets and a container of Turkey Breast Chunks cooked with onion, that I'd forgotten about, plus the 2kg bag of Turkey Mince! :D Gobble, gobble.

Back