MWWWD (or Moonwatcher's Weight Watchers Diary!)

... oh and the doughnuts are on the way home!

I really wish I lived in England! The selection of food you have, particularly turkey :p, seems MILEs ahead of little ol Ireland!

Yep - their prices are always about half to a quarter of the 'proper' prices. You just have to take your chances with what they have in stock, oh and of course, it's usually turkey (!) or sometimes chicken. Although I have had pork and lamb once or twice, and there are sometime veggie and cheese bakes. I think it's good that they open the staff shop to non-staff. Very handy.

Doughnut update. Both doughnuts, drenched in sugar, have been consumed. Warmed gently in the micro-nuker first and served with a cup of coffee and cream!

comiendo_donut.gif

Will have to wait a bit to make room for the chilli!

Mmmmmmmmm doughnuts....... :D

Thursday August 16th

Haven't had my Chilli yet this evening but it's made and in the slow cooker ready to go, so will update for the day now...

Breakfast - Greek Yogurt, Maple Syrup and Pecan/Maple Sprinkles! - Total 5PP - 3.5 oz Lidl's Greek Yogurt (3PP), tspn Maple Syrup (1PP), sprinkling of Aldi Pecan and Maple Syrup for a bit of crunch - the tiny bits out of the box! (1PP)

Lunch - 'Orangey Cream of Carrot and Coriander Soup' and Bread - Total 3PP - Home-made Carrot Soup (1PP), 1 slice Wholemeal Bread (2PP)

Soup was really yummy - chopped up an onion and fried in olive oil, then added the crushed coriander seeds for a minute, then 6 chopped carrots. 'Just' covered with water and simmered 'til cooked. Blitz in food processor or with hand blender (- I like roughly half the carrot pureed and half left in bits). Then I added a chicken oxo cube, a splash of NAS orange squash (would have added real orange juice but couldn't be bothered to squeeze it and then debate the PP!) and finally a teeny amount of cream that was left in the pot - not even a full tablespoonful, but it really made a difference. Counted as 1PP for the bowl, because I used 2tspns of oil (2PP) and under a tbspn of cream (2PP) and it made four portions!

Tea - Turkey Mince Chilli - Total 5PP - 2oz Turkey Mince (2PP), Onion, Carrot, Tinned Toms, Peppers (0PP), tspn cocoa Powder (1PP), half tbspn Tomato Puree (0PP), splash of Soy Sauce and a Beef Oxo cube (0PP) 2 tbspns Red Kidney Beans (2PP), probably a Banana or an Orange to follow (0PP)

Snacks - TWO DOUGHNUTS! (14pp)

Drinks - Water, NAS squash, Green Tea, one cup Coffee and Cream (2PP)

Totals for the day - 29PP
Weeklies remaining - 45
APs earned for today - 5 on Wii Fit and Just Dance
Total APs for the week so far - 10

Morning all.

I have a little bit of food shopping to do today... will be thinking along the lines of picnics for days out, as hubby's holiday starts tonight! Two weeks where we will be out and about on several days. Eeek! Our days out always used to revolve around food, and to an extent still do. The thing is, I've tried (and succeeded a bit) to change my mindset so they don't revolve around food, but if you're out all day, you do have to eat somewhere and you may as well enjoy it with your OH! The picnics help, instead of a lunch-time meal out all the time, as I can be sure of the points, maybe drop any bread and have a mixed salad and then allow myself a piece of cake during the day.

Sometime over the next two weeks we will probably be going here to eat Mambo Jambos Restaurant in Norwich - a hot 'n' hopping place to eat and here
TheWalnutTreeShades.com
to use up some half price groupons.

Also going here - Home
here Felbrigg Hall, Gardens and Estate - Events - National Trust and here Aztec Events | Norfolk Summer Garden Show 2012 - Home (half price tickets again!) Plus here East Ruston Gardens

I've told hubby that on the days we go out I want an hour in the mornings some of those days to do some exercises first and will aim to get in a walk when I can, depending on where we go.

It's going to be a challenging couple of weeks! :eek:

Right, shower, brekkie, shopping, pick hubby up from work, let the fun begin!

Morning..Sounds like you have planned your days out well including the exercise some mornings first..some good place to eat out/vist :0)

Sounds like a great week planned.
Mmm doughnuts. I'm right near a Krispy Kreme drive through!! Xx

Phew! What a day. It has been so hot here, except of course for the hour before I left home when it cooled down and was overcast and dull, so naturally I wore something a bit warmer, then it changed into a scorcher!

Didn't get much of the food shopping done in the end - got distracted by clothes shopping! Did manage to pick up some pink 'n' whites at Poundland - a pack of 14, and WW Pitta Breads on BOGOF, so two packs for a quid, and a pack of the McVities Cheese Biccies - they are the same as Cheddars, but a different shape and you get a large bag for a pound, and when I say 'large' I mean it measures out to about 13/14 1oz portions I think, from memory. Also a box of the WW Blueberry cake slices for 50p.

So food for today... Friday August 17th

Breakfast - Weetabix Bitesize - Total 5PP - one oz Weetabix Bitesize (2PP), serving SS Milk (2PP), tspn sugar (1PP)

Mid Afternoon - McDonalds! - Total 36PP! - 'The Beefy Big M' (15PP), portion Wedges (9PP), medium Strawberry Milkshake (10PP), 2 BBQ sauce (2PP) Oh, oh, don't forget the salad in the burger! (0PP) Just couldn't resist the milkshake - I was already pepsi-maxed out from slugging back two cans while shopping.

Evening - Carrot Soup, Blueberry Cake Total 3PP - serving Carrot Soup, leftover from yesterday (1PP), WW Blueberry Cake Slice (2PP) Grapefruit and Orange Segments (0PP)

Snacks - none, Drinks - NAS squash, Pepsi Max, Water, one Tea with splash of milk leftover from breakfast

Totals for today - 44PP, 29 dailies and 15 weeklies
Weeklies remaining 30
APs earned today - well I walked three times round the town and back to the car each time with my shopping. I was in town for 3 hours, but not walking the whole time, so I'll just go for 4APs.
Total APs for the week so far - 14

The plan for the rest of the week is minimal weeklies on Saturday and Sunday, as we're probably not going out either day, then I can enjoy the remaining weeklies on Monday/Tuesday.

God I love McDonalds!!!!!! :eating::eating::eating: YUM! Hope you had a great day shopping!

Back