MWWWD (or Moonwatcher's Weight Watchers Diary!)

OK so here is the line I am drawing under the last couple of weeks...

Was up another 3/4 yesterday, so have gained 1 and 3/4 over the last two weeks. Not bad really and still just in the 14s (thanks to digital scales!) But this week is a new start for me in more ways than one, so I'm raring to go! I know I can do this.

Food for Friday 5th October

Breakfast - Cereal bars and Scone with Ginger Curd - Total 12PP -
2 Chewee Toffee Cereal Bars (4PP), one small Fruit scone (5PP), 2 tspns Butter (2PP), tspn Ginger Curd (1PP)

Lunch - Cheese and Pickle Sandwich, Crisps, Banana, Plums - Total 12PP -
2 slices W/M Bread (4PP), 1 oz Cheddar (3PP), tbspn Plum Chutney (1PP), pack Crusti Croc Plain Crisps (4PP), one Banana and 2 Plums (0PP)

Dinner - Beef and Butterbean Stew - Total 9PP -
small portion of Wednesday's leftover Beef Stew (7PP), bulked out with 3 tbspns Butterbeans (2PP)

Snack - 4 finger Kit Kat (6PP)

Drinks - Water, NAS Squash, one Coffee with Cream (2PP)

Totals for the day 41PP, 29 dailies and 12 weeklies
Weelies remaining 37
APs earned - one, for a brisk walk into work

Busy time ahead Hun.
Great idea with the batch cooking its always handy to have something in the freezer. Make sure you get the sleep you need at night time as you don't want to wear yourself out with everything going on xxx

Busy time ahead Hun.
Great idea with the batch cooking its always handy to have something in the freezer. Make sure you get the sleep you need at night time as you don't want to wear yourself out with everything going on xxx

Thanks Hun. Yes I always used to cook head at the weekends, but once I changed to part time it tailed off, because I didn't really need to, so it will be a good habit to get back into now. I'm going to leave this weekend's evenings free - X Factor and Downton Abbey!

Caught up on minis, so quick shower, out of PJs (other way round obviously! LOL) and then first stop ... mopping the kitchen floor!

Morning Hun, how did the batch cooking go yesterday? Hope you are well xx

Morning Hun, how did the batch cooking go yesterday? Hope you are well xx

Hi Nessa,

Yes, thanks I'm good and had a good day cooking and cleaning! Got a bit side-tracked and decided to wash down all the wood-work too, so had about three hours of hard core cleaning and scrubbing! Then had lunch and tackled the cooking. Still have rather a lot of that cheap Turkey in my freezer - so I now have 14 portions (so 7 meals for me and OH) of a mixture of Turkey Chilli, Spag Bol sauce, and Turkey and Split Pea Curry (Thai 'style' - I'm pretty certain the Thais never make their curry with turkey mince and split peas! :D) I like having the Chilli and Spag Bol sauce handy, as they are so versatile - either over a jacket, with rice, couscous, noodles, spaghetti, or in a pasta bake dish, so they mix well with whatever is in the cupboards, and we can always manage to eat a curry in our house!

Will mix them up in the week with Southern Fried Chicken Steaks and 'Fries,' maybe Pizza wraps, something with Leeks and Butternut squash, (I'm thinking Lemon Risotto) also got some Lamb Burgers, Turkey Steaks with Leeks and Cheese and some Chicken Breasts and Drumsticks in the freezer, so feeling pretty ready for a good week ahead!

Dressing gown and coffee at the moment, after a lie in. Then we're having a pointed cooked brunch - Bacon, Egg, Tomatoes, Mushrooms, fried Potatoes, half a slice of toast, HP Sauce, and if I can still move after that it's time to plant up my winter pansies, and then tackle the ironing!

What about you - anything planned for today? Did you enjoy your evening out yesterday?

Food for Saturday 6th October

Breakfast - Greek Yogurt with Ginger Curd and Pecan Maple Sprinkles - Total 6PP -
4oz Greek Yogurt (4PP), 1 tspn Ginger Curd (1PP), sprinkling of Pecan Maple Cluster Cereal (1PP

Lunch - knew I was having real Chips tonight, so kept lunch down to Beef and Butterbean 'Stewp' - Total 3PP -
the final leftovers of the Beef Stew, with about 3 Butterbeans, blitzed half in the processor to make it a bit more soupy, Banana (0PP)

Dinner - quite late as OH didn't get in 'til 8.30pm - Burger and Chips - Total 19PP -
half a portion of Chip Shop Chips - about two/three handfuls as didn't eat them all (11PP), one Battered Burger (8PP), Plums (0PP)

Snack - one packet Crusti Croc Steak and Onion Crisps (4PP)

Drinks - Water, NAS squash, Green Tea, one Coffee with Cream (2PP)

Totals for the day 34PP, 29 dailies and 5 weeklies
Weeklies remaining 32
APs today - none, well no 'formal' exercise, probably a few from scrubbing the house from top to bottom!
APs for the week so far - 1!

Sunday 7th October

First thing - Harvest Chewee Toffee Cereal Bar (2PP)

Brunch - English Breakfast Plus! - Total 12PP -
2 Rashers Lean Bacon (3PP), 2 Eggs, scrambled (4PP), Mushrooms and Tomatoes (0PP), half a slice W/M Toast (1PP), 4oz Potato chunks (2PP), fried in 1 tspn Olive Oil (1PP) with a chopped Onion (0PP), tspn Butter to cook the mushrooms (1PP), tbspn HP (0PP)

Dinner - Turkey and Split Pea Stew with Scone/Cobbler/Dumpling thingy - Total 12PP -
3oz Turkey Breast (2PP), 1oz Yellow Split Peas (2PP), tspn Olive Oil (1PP), Onion, Carrot, Swede and Leek (0PP), Oxo Cube (0PP), Soy Sauce (0PP), 4oz Potato (2PP), Scone/Dumpling (5PP), (was going to cook these on top in the oven like a cobbler topping, but decided to leave on top of the stew in the slow cooker, so more like a dumpling) 3 Plums (0PP)

Haven't had this yet as dumplings still cooking - smells lovely though!

Snacks - one Fruit Scone (5PP), 2 tspns Butter (2PP), tspn Ginger Curd (1PP)

Drinks - Water, NAS squash, two Coffees with Cream (4PP)

Totals for the day - 38PP, 29 dailies and 9 weeklies
Weeklies remaining 23
APs earned today - none
APs for the week so far - 1

Fancy something else to eat as well at the moment, but hopefully once I've had my stew the urge will go!

Last edited:
moonwatcher said:
Sunday 7th October

First thing - Harvest Chewee Toffee Cereal Bar (2PP)

Brunch - English Breakfast Plus! - Total 12PP - 2 Rashers Lean Bacon (3PP), 2 Eggs, scrambled (4PP), Mushrooms and Tomatoes (0PP), half a slice W/M Toast (1PP), 4oz Potato chunks (2PP), fried in 1 tspn Olive Oil (1PP) with a chopped Onion (0PP), tspn Butter to cook the mushrooms (1PP), tbspn HP (0PP)

Dinner - Turkey and Split Pea Stew with Scone/Cobbler/Dumpling thingy - Total 12PP - 3oz Turkey Breast (2PP), 1oz Yellow Split Peas (2PP), tspn Olive Oil (1PP), Onion, Carrot, Swede and Leek (0PP), Oxo Cube (0PP), Soy Sauce (0PP), 4oz Potato (2PP), Scone/Dumpling (5PP), (was going to cook these on top in the oven like a cobbler topping, but decided to leave on top of the stew in the slow cooker, so more like a dumpling) 3 Plums (0PP)

Haven't had this yet as dumplings still cooking - smells lovely though!

Snacks - one Fruit Scone (5PP), 2 tspns Butter (2PP), tspn Ginger Curd (1PP)

Drinks - Water, NAS squash, two Coffees with Cream (4PP)

Totals for the day - 38PP, 29 dailies and 9 weeklies
Weeklies remaining 23
APs earned today - none
APs for the week so far - 1

Fancy something else to eat as well at the moment, but hopefully once I've had my stew the urge will go!

What way do you cook your spuds for the breakfast, is it just raw with olive oil in the pan?

What way do you cook your spuds for the breakfast, is it just raw with olive oil in the pan?

Yep, a teaspoon of olive oil each person, add the onion and some salt (helps to draw the juices out of the onion, so less sticking). Once the onions have begun to soften add the spuds - I diced them quite small - about 3/4 inch cubes. Put lid on pan and cook slowly, stir now and again and add a drizzle of water if they start to stick. Black pepper to serve.

Hi all,

Not been around much to update or catch up on diaries, as I've been up to my eyes in timetables, statements, articles about learning with dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia, and probably some other 'dys-somethings' too!

Just popped on to update - will try and catch up with everybody later in the week.

Monday 8th October

Breakfast - 2 Harvest Chewee Toffee Bars (4PP)

Lunch - Cheese 'n' Pickle Sandwich, Banana - Total 9PP -
2 slices W/M Bread (4PP), 1oz Cheddar (3PP), one Cheese Triangle (1PP), tbspn Plum Chutney (1PP), Cherry Toms and a Banana (0PP)

Dinner - Turkey Stew, Spicy Beans and Sausages (random) - Total 14PP -
leftovers of Turkey Stew (4PP), half a tin Baked Beans and Sausages (6PP), half oz Cheddar (2PP), one slice W/M Bread (2PP), Jerk Seasoning (0PP), one Pear (0PP)

Snacks - Fruit Scone (5PP), 3 tspns Butter (3PP), one tspn Ginger Curd (1PP)

Drinks - Green Tea, Water, NS squash, one Coffee and Cream (2PP)

Totals for the day - 38PP
29 Dailies and 9 weeklies
Weeklies remaining 14
APs earned today 2 - mixture of Yoga in the morning and walking to and from work
APs for the week so far 3

Tuesday 9th October

Breakfast - Ginger Greek Yogurt and Pecan Maple 'Sprinkles' - Total 6PP -
4oz Greek Yogurt (4PP), tspn Ginger Curd (1PP), sprinkling of Pecan Maple Cereal (1PP)

Lunch - Same as yesterday - Cheese 'n' Pickle Sarni, Banana - Total 9PP

Dinner - Chilli and Jacket Potato, Grapefruit - Total 11PP -
3 oz Turkey Mince (3PP), Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Garlic, Carrots, Soy Sauce, Oxo Cube, Marmite (0PP), quarter tin of Baked Beans and Sausages (3PP) - only beans I had and didn't realise they had sausages in until too late, drizzle of Olive Oil (one tspn did 4 portions - 0PP), tspn Cocoa Powder (1PP), dollop of Greek Yogurt on top (1PP) 5oz Jacket Spud (3PP), loads of Grapefruit segments (0PP)

Snacks - one packer Crusti Croc BBQ Rib Crisps (4PP), one Pink ' n ' White (1PP)

Drinks - Water, Coffee with splash of Milk. NAS squash, one Coffee with Cream (2PP)

Totals for the day 33PP, 29 dailies and 4 weeklies
Weeklies remaining 10
APs earned today - 2, on a mixture of Wii Fit and walking to and from work
APs for the week so far - 5

Managed a bit of exercise both mornings before work - not quite as much as I wanted - still not a habit to drag myself out from under the duvet 40 minutes early! Will get there though!

moonwatcher said:
Yep, a teaspoon of olive oil each person, add the onion and some salt (helps to draw the juices out of the onion, so less sticking). Once the onions have begun to soften add the spuds - I diced them quite small - about 3/4 inch cubes. Put lid on pan and cook slowly, stir now and again and add a drizzle of water if they start to stick. Black pepper to serve.

Thanks

Sounds like you're very busy! I haven't mastered the drag-myself-out-of-bed-to-exercise thing myself either :p

LOL to the morning exercise! No it's just not natural is it?! Especially on these chilly Autumn mornings. Did manage 25 mins this morning - hoping to build up to 40 mins, but breaking myself in gradually! Not tomorrow or Friday either as I have to be in work earlier those days for a while.

Very busy, but enjoying it, although only really got time at the moment to update my diary - not catching up on everyone else's unfortunately.

Food for Wednesday 10th October

Breakfast - 2 Harvest Chewee Toffee Bars - Total 4PP

Lunch - Cream Cheese and Chilli Sandwich, Banana - Total 7PP -
2 slices W/M Bread (4PP), 1oz Cream Cheese (2PP), chopped Pickled Green Chilli (0PP), one Sun-Dried Tomato (1PP), Banana (0PP)

Dinner - Garlic Cheesy Pasta with Bacon, Pepperoni and Chorizo, Stewed Plums with Ginger Curd and Cream - Total 16PP -
3oz Pasta, dried weight (8PP), 1oz Cream Cheese (2PP), 1 rasher Bacon, chopped (1PP), 1/2 oz Chorizo (1PP), 1/2 oz Pepperoni (2PP), chopped Pickled Chilli (0PP), Stewed Plums (0PP), tspn Ginger Curd (1PP), 2 tspns Cream (1PP)

Snacks - 1oz Bombay Mix (4PP), Grapefruit segments (0PP)

Drinks - Water, NAS squash, one Coffee with Cream (2PP)

Totals for the day 33PP, 29 dailies and 4 weeklies
Weeklies remaining 6
APs earned today - 6 - mixture of Let's Dance, and walking
APs for the week so far - 11

Looks like a lovely day! You certainly are a fan of chilli! And cream! and butter! :p Reading through your diary has made me fancy a scone with real butter.. mmm!

Haha! Yep, I think I've mentioned it before (!) that it's real butter or nothing for me! I do go for the lower point spray cream sometimes though - but can't beat a coffee with cream imo. I love spicy foods - but not so hot that you can't taste the ingredients!

Back