MWWWD (or Moonwatcher's Weight Watchers Diary!)

Wednesday 5th December

Breakfast -
2 toffee cereal bars (4PP)

Lunch - beef and horseradish sandwich with lettuce, cherry toms, satsumas and a banana (9PP)

Dinner -
bubble 'n' squeak (mash, carrots, onions and sprouts) with crispy crumb turkey steak, baked beans (16PP) quarter of a pomelo

Snack - another toffee cereal bar ('needed' some sugar after a tough lesson!) (2PP)

Drinks - water, NAS squash, one cup earl grey with splash milk, one coffee and cream (2PP)

Totals 33, 28 dailies and 5 weeklies
Weeklies remaining 8
APs today - 1 for walking
APs so far for the week - 3

Thursday 6th December

Breakfast -
bran flakes, dried fruit and milk (5PP)

Lunch - cheese and home-made coleslaw sandwich, cherry toms, apple (7PP)

Dinner - quarter Tesco's thick crust pepperoni pizza with beetroot and more of the coleslaw (this was going to be something with turkey mince but was absolutely shattered after a tough but rewarding day at work, so had a quick nap first and then pizza!) one banana (15PP)

Snacks - one packet crisps (4PP)

Drinks - water, NAS squash, earl grey tea with a splash, one coffee and cream (2PP)

Totals for the day 33PP, 28 dailies and 5 weeklies
Weeklies remaining 3
APs today - 1
APs for the week so far - 4

Ooooo yum! How do you make your homemade coleslaw. Love coleslaw!!

I shred some white cabbage, mix it with a grated carrot and some chopped onion, then add some mayo and salt and pepper. I used VLF mayo this time, which for the amount I had, made the coleslaw 0PP, but tbh it was a bit vinegary tasting, so I'll go back to using LF next time. Sometimes I add a few sultanas, or grated apple ... whatever I fancy really.

WI this morning and not happy to have STS! :( Was hoping for a loss this week, as I have two Christmas meals out next week and so was expecting a STS then! With it being so close to Christmas/New Year I'm struggling to not go into a 'sod-it' frame of mind. I mean realistically now I'm not going to hit what I'd hoped for by the end of the year - either 40 or 42 lbs. Much 'grumping' has been going on in the Moonwatcher household today, but have managed not to go too crazy!

Photo-0028.jpg Tonight's dinner of spicy BNS wedges, layered turkey 'loaf' - minced turkey with some paxo stuffing, and a layer of cooked leeks/onion/apple/nutmeg/cinnamon/cheese triangles mix in the middle, with beetroot and horseradish mayo. 11PP.

Will update with the rest of the day's food tomorrow. Off to bed to watch the Royal Variety Performance on catch-up!

Commiserations on the STS :( Bodies are odd things though, you never know, maybe you will get a better next week than you thought. Someone who used to post on here called STSs "losses in waiting", that always cheered me up. And even if you won't have got to the point where you ideally wanted to be by the end of the year you've still done really well with your weight loss overall and you will be ending the year closer to your goal than you started it. That's got to be the important thing.

Food is looking and sounding great. I LOVE cheese and coleslaw sandwiches :) To the above poster who asked about the coleslaw - I tend to mix extra light mayo with natural yogurt for coleslaw which gives a slightly looser texture. The turkey load sounds really nice. I have never actually made a meatload type thing but always mean to. The idea of different layers sounds really good.

Hope there is significantly less "grumping" today and you are enjoing your sunday.

I like the idea of a 'loss in waiting.'

Feeling more positive today thanks Atomic and Libby. Will just see what happens for the last three weeks of the year (yep that is all that is left!) and then be ready to start afresh in 2013! Always, always in the past I would have given up by now until the New Year, so I know that I have made huge changes this year - and I don't just mean with the pounds gone per se, but with my whole attitude to losing the weight, so I'm feeling pretty good about that tbh. OH said yesterday that he was so proud of my 'new' attitude and that I hadn't given up - and he's not prone to gushing, so that was really nice.

Lisa - re the coleslaw, I find that the carrot and the onion release quite a bit of moisture into the mix if you don't use it straight away, so that thins it down. As Atomic says, you can mix your sauce to suit what you like and what you have - I also like it with LF salad cream, and have made it with yogurt and french mustard in the past.

Food for Saturday 8th December

Breakfast -
2 crumpets with butter and jam (9PP)

Lunch - another crumpet with butter and jam (5PP)

Dinner - layered turkey and cheesy spiced apple and leek loaf with spicy BNS wedges, beetroot with horseradish mayo, half a grapefruit with tspn demerara sugar (11PP)

Snacks - one packet cheese and onion crisps (4PP)

Drinks - water, NAS squash, one earl grey tea with splash milk, 2 coffees with cream (4PP)

Totals for the day - 33PP, 28 dailies and 5 weeklies
Weeklies remaining 44
APs earned today - none

Had a really satisfying day today - did a bit more Christmas shopping (still quite a bit to do, but I always leave it 'til quite late - because I like that last minute feeling tbh, and also this year because I'm waiting for my next pay day!) We walked through the town to the converted railway station buildings, which is now a coffee shop/crafts/furniture/luxury food and other goodies shop, did a bit of shopping there and then walked back home to have a good de-cluttering session in the spare room and 'the cupboard.' It's always just called 'the cupboard' because apart from the pantry and kitchen cupboards etc., it is the only one we have! Threw out 2 binbags of stuff and found the Christmas cards I bought several months ago, trying to be organised! Then we got the chrissie decs down from the loft ready for decorating during the week, bunged two loads of washing through the machine and lit the fire. Finally cooked and ate dinner - the rest of the turkey layered loaf with bubble and squeak (my current favourite!) and baked beans.

Chilling in front of X Factor and the fire now!

Food for Sunday 9th December

Breakfast -
christmas bagel with cream cheese and jam (8PP)

Lunch -
one piece of bread made into a beef and horseradish sandwich, one mince pie, one dark chocolate hobnob (12PP)

Dinner - layered turkey loaf (leftovers from yesterday) with carrot, sprouts, cabbage, onion and potatoes all made into bubble and squeak, baked beans, one orange (16PP)

Drinks - water, NAS squash, one earl grey tea with a splash of milk, one coffee and cream (2PP)

Snacks - 6 chilli peanuts (yep, I counted them!) (1PP) Nothing at the coffee shop! :)

Totals for the day 39PP, 28 dailies and 11 weeklies
Weeklies remaining 33
APs today - 5 for 50 mins walking
APs for the week so far - 5

Food for Monday 10th December

Second panto rehearsal at school tonight so tea was a quick one of jacket with beans and cheese - really enjoyed it though. The drama teacher who is running the panto said that the gnomes' dance needs to be 'bungling,' with us banging into each other and getting it wrong - I'd say that's a certainty! :D

Also got my planned timetable for next year, because of some changes within the department, and am pretty happy with it - will be spending more lessons with the Year 7s, which is always nice, because they're still enthusiastic about school at that stage!

Breakfast - 2 toffee cereal bars (4PP)

Lunch - pork and applesauce sandwich, banana (7PP)

Dinner - jacket spud with beans and grated cheddar, tbspn VLF mayo, one orange (10PP)

Snacks - one iced doughnut and one mince pie (13PP)

Drinks - water, NAS squash, one earl grey with splash, one coffee with cream (2PP)

Totals for the day - 36PP, 28 dailies and 8 weeklies
Weeklies remaining 25
APs earned today - 1 for walking
APs earned so far this week - 6

Sounds like a really productive (and yummy!) few days :)

Glad to read that you are feeling more positive about things, I really think we need to give ourselves credit for even still thinking about diets and healthy eating at this time of year when it seems like the rest of the world has thrown caution to the wind with their eating and drink from the 1st. Its great that you have noticed such a change in your attitude towards food, I guess that's the thing that is going to make the most difference in the long term rather than the exact numbers on the scales.

Hope the play goes well!

Sounds like a really productive (and yummy!) few days :)

Glad to read that you are feeling more positive about things, I really think we need to give ourselves credit for even still thinking about diets and healthy eating at this time of year when it seems like the rest of the world has thrown caution to the wind with their eating and drink from the 1st. Its great that you have noticed such a change in your attitude towards food, I guess that's the thing that is going to make the most difference in the long term rather than the exact numbers on the scales.

Hope the play goes well!

Yes you're right - it has to be a long term attitude change, not a 'diet.' December and January used to be a write off for me - December for the run up to Christmas, and January for New Year and then the run up to my birthday at the end of January, so any improvement on that has to be good!

I'm sure the panto will be fun - we'll all be under-rehearsed and ad-libbing like mad (which is exactly why the kids love it every year - staff on stage making fools of themselves!)

Tuesday 11th December

School talent show was held this afternoon and after a last minute timetable change I was able to go. Great fun!Not a brilliant day today foodwise - was OK until about 10 minutes ago, when I succumbed to a mince pie, two dark chocolate hobnobs and a packet of crisps!

Breakfast
- bowl of frosties type cereal and milk (5PP)

Lunch - reduced fat brie and mango chutney sandwich (don't usually do low fat cheese, but picked this up by mistake), olives, banana (8PP)

Dinner - carbonara type pasta - penne with cream cheese mixed with a beaten egg, garlic and black pepper, olives, pickled chilli, 3 slices german salami and a sprinkling of grated cheddar, beetroot (16PP)

Snacks - (oops) one mince pie, a packet of crisps, two dark chocolate hobnobs (15PP)

Drinks - water, NAS squash, one earl grey tea with a splash of milk, one coffee and cream (2PP)

Totals for the day 46PP, 28 dailies and 18 weeklies
Weeklies remaining 7
APs today - none
APs earned for the week so far - 6

Only 6 weeklies left for the week so far - no chance of making it to the end of the week within my points. May as well share my pre-Christmas dinners with you though! Thursday is at the local pub, with my 'new' work colleagues. I've pre-ordered the fish dish, in a lemon butter sauce I think (ordered it quite a while ago!) and a cheese board to follow. I can't remember what I ordered for starters, but I think it may have been pate, as I do like their home-made pate - good job it's all written down somewhere!

On Friday I am at another local pub with my 'old' work colleagues. For that one I've ordered char-grilled Norfolk pigeon salad, lamb shank with mash and red wine gravy, and traditional bread and butter pudding. Probably won't have much to drink on Thursday because of school the next day, but will be celebrating my 'good-byes' on Friday! I'll confess in advance that I have no intention of adding up any of the points. WI on Saturday morning - ho-hum!

The meals out sound lovely, and pigeon is lovely and low in fat and calories so I am sure you will be fine ;)! Love the sound of the salami carbonara too. Mmmmmmmmm.

And Libby - get out with this milk chocolate hob nob thing! Dark chocolate ones are genius.

Ho, ho ho! (Just getting into the mood for the season!)

Sorry that I have not been around much folks - the normal pre Christmas stuff, not helped much by the fact that I had to wait for pay-day before I could do any shopping at all, and that I now have a delightful chesty cough/chest infection to see me into the Christmas weekend! :( I was hoping to make it through to the end of term at work, but after a quick peer assessment at work yesterday - 'you sound awful, go home!' - my holidays have started two days early. It means I will miss the panto :( but hey-ho!

On to the food - hmmmm! Well the meals out were lovely, really liked the pigeon - very tender, and had a kind of liver flavour, but more firm texture. I didn't count any of my points for last week's two meals, and haven't really counted properly since. I didn't weigh last Saturday as it was immediately after the two meals, but will hop on tomorrow morning to see what the damage is. I'm not expecting a loss for the two weeks, more likely a gain, but on the plus side I haven't touched any of the Christmas goodies we have in the house ... yet ...

I'm currently laying in bed, watching 'Kirstie's Home-made Christmas' and coughing!

Last edited:
Back