MWWWD (or Moonwatcher's Weight Watchers Diary!)

First day back at work today. Had very little sleep last night - my cough is a lot better - only coughed about three times, but the OH was hacking away all night so I didn't sleep much. Luckily today was quite an easy day, but will be in bed soon trying to catch up ready for tomorrow.

Food for Monday 7th January

Breakfast -
one harvest chewee toffee bar, one flap jack, couple of bites of home-made cookie (9PP)

Lunch - small slab of the canteen lasagne, mixed salad, fresh fruit salad - grapes, melon, water melon, kiwi, pineapple, orange (9PP)

Dinner - home made turkey and split pea soup with small dumpling, one and a half pears (12PP)

Snacks - 2 fresh chestnuts (1PP)

Drinks - water, NAS squash, coffees (1PP for milk), one small kahlua coffee with spray cream (aaarrgh - ran out of real cream!) (4PP)

Totals for today - 36PP, 28 dailies and 8 weeklies
Weeklies remaining 35
APs earned - just 1 for walking to and from work

Great looking day given you were back at work! I am sure that the kahlua coffee yesterday was also medicinal...

Food for Tuesday 8th January

Breakfast -
greek yogurt and maple syrup (5PP)

Lunch - ham and mustard sandwich, plums (8PP)

Dinner - Spanish style chicken bake (12PP) (from Hairy Dieters' - 'How to Love Food and Lose Weight') This was delicious - chicken, chorizo, tomatoes, garlic, onions, potatoes, peppers, oregano and smoked paprika, all in one pan in the oven, followed by a banana split - banana, small scoop cornish ice cream, sprinkle of mixed nuts, drizzle of choc syrup and squirt of spray cream (6PP)

Snacks
- 2 Flavorina dark choc rings, one piece dark choc, (2PP)

Drinks
- Water, NAS squash, small kahlua coffee and spray cream (4PP)

Totals for the day - 37PP, 28 dailies and 9 weeklies
Weeklies remaining 26
One AP earned today for walking to and from work

Still coughing, so still not sleeping properly! Bleeeuuugghhh! :(

Great food and well done on walking to and from work. Its really difficult when getting back to work not to grab all the free time you can so sounds like you have done really well so far this week.

Have you tried much else from the hairy dieters book? I got it several months ago and liked the look of several recipes but the only one I have made is the butter chicken which was really rather awesome.

Great food and well done on walking to and from work. Its really difficult when getting back to work not to grab all the free time you can so sounds like you have done really well so far this week.

Have you tried much else from the hairy dieters book? I got it several months ago and liked the look of several recipes but the only one I have made is the butter chicken which was really rather awesome.

Well every little helps! I will be upping the exercise again when I feel better. The OH and I are going to have a go at C25K this year, and I have time to exercise in the mornings before work. At the moment though with not sleeping well or feeling well I am getting all the extra snooze time I can!

Re the Hairy Dieters - the spanish chicken bake is the only one I've tried so far, but there are several I fancy a go at - the chicken bake was very, very good - will be making it again in the future.

Last edited:
Wednesday 9th January

Will this ******** cough ever go? 4 weeks on and now today have sore ears and glands as well. :(

Came home from work today and went straight to bed for 3 hours! Wednesday takeaway was in order, but only had very small portions - less than half.

Breakfast - greek yogurt and maple syrup (5PP)

Lunch
- tuna, onion and LF salad cream sandwich, toffee cereal bar, banana (9PP)

Dinner - chinese - some lemon chicken, pork rice and a little sweet and sour sauce. Guestimate 17PP, one orange and a pear (0PP)

Snacks - 2 flavorina dark choc rings (1PP)

Drinks - water, NAS squash, milk in a couple of coffees (1PP), small kahlua coffee (4PP)

Totals for the day - 37PP, 28 dailies and 9 weeklies
Weeklies remaining 17
APs - one for walking to and from work, APs for the week so far - 3

Grrrr, not good that you can't shift the cough. I go pretty crazy if I have one for more than 3 days... Is it worth going to the doctors do you think?

Takeaway definitely acceptable under the circumstances and you did really well to have small portions and point it. Everyone seems to be having chinese at the moment and its giving me a real craving. I NEED some chinese pork chow mein in my life soon.

I have that very same hacking 'annoying the life out of me' cough, and since yesterday my ears and back of neck are very sore too!! Must be something going round, I'm knackered the whole time too!! So annoying

Grrrr, not good that you can't shift the cough. I go pretty crazy if I have one for more than 3 days... Is it worth going to the doctors do you think?

Well. our school nurse, (who has also had it over Christmas!) thinks it is whopping cough. Apparently the vaccine protection 'weakens' as you get older. I have never had a cough like it - really uncontrollable, sudden fits of coughing, to the point of vomiting, and you can't breath - it literally feels like your throat has closed up - you can't get an inward breath in time for the next outward cough! No cure, and they give anti-biotics only in the first 3 weeks, but that isn't for a cure - that is to try and protect others, like family members etc., because that is when you are contagious. Loads of people round here are suffering with it, so it looks like we'll just have to wait it out. I've been taking echinacea and zinc in an effort to boost my immune system and general health.

... and on an un-related but equally p****d off note, I have gained a pound this week. Think it is probably my body settling down after the Christmas excesses, and that if I hadn't been back on plan this week, then it would have been a lot more. Will keep on going this week and see what next week brings. Not what I was hoping for the first week back!

Yeah I've been taking zinc as part of my multivit and upped the fruit and veg. I don't think mine is whooping cough just a very persistent cold. I've heard of lots of people having whooping cough this year, my friends little girl got it even though its not long since she had the vaccine! Really hope your on the mend now xx

Yeah I've been taking zinc as part of my multivit and upped the fruit and veg. I don't think mine is whooping cough just a very persistent cold. I've heard of lots of people having whooping cough this year, my friends little girl got it even though its not long since she had the vaccine! Really hope your on the mend now xx

Thanks, you too! I'm always a bit dubious about saying 'I've got xxxx,' because it is easy to get it wrong, but I must admit, having read around a bit, it does seem all the symptoms and timings of everything match, and we had had a few confirmed cases previously in the school. Anyway, whatever the cause, I am gradually feeling better, and so is the OH, although he is about 2-3 weeks behind me! May still get the coughing fits now and again for a couple of months! We postponed going to see his son's new baby over Christmas and New Year because of it, and I am really glad now that we did.

That's not a good combination. Boo and hiss to the gain and the cough! I am sure you are right about your body settling down though. In the first 3 days or so of me being back on plan after new year my weight managed to go up by about a lb and a half :/ I was not impressed. Sure it will show next week for you though, it often seems to be the case that there is a week lag between a good or a bag week and weight loss or gain.

Sorry to hear about your gain but you will have that off next week Hun no problem. Xx

Missed a few days of food updating, so just going to carry on from today as it is a new week!

Saturday 12th January

Breakfast - 2 pieces of toast with cream cheese and honey (7PP)

Lunch -
just one pack of french fries (2PP) Was busy sorting out the paperwork for a tax return - got it all ready to go, logged onto the HMRC site to do the online input and started it. Turns out they have closed that part of the site for the weekend for an upgrade. Pretty typical good planning - their deadline date is 31st January, so when do they decide to close their site, well the middle of January of course! Grrrrr!

Dinner - small jacket potato, baked beans, 3 sausages and a tbspn of LF mayo, an orange (18PP)

Snack
- 2 chestnuts (1PP)

Drinks
- water, NAS squash, one coffee and cream (2PP)

Totals for the day - 30PP, 28 dailies and 2 weeklies
Weeklies remaining - 47
APs earned today - 2 for 30 mins walking to shop and back

That's not a good combination. Boo and hiss to the gain and the cough! I am sure you are right about your body settling down though. In the first 3 days or so of me being back on plan after new year my weight managed to go up by about a lb and a half :/ I was not impressed. Sure it will show next week for you though, it often seems to be the case that there is a week lag between a good or a bag week and weight loss or gain.

Sorry to hear about your gain but you will have that off next week Hun no problem. Xx

Yes I'm hoping it is just that - a week 'behind.' That has happened to me before. I'm just going to carry on this week and hope for good things next week.

A few other people I know were trying to do tax returns yesterday and were also quite baffled at the site being down. Its ridiculous timing.

Baked potato, beans and sausages sounds awesome. Mmmmmm.

A few other people I know were trying to do tax returns yesterday and were also quite baffled at the site being down. Its ridiculous timing.

It is isn't it? If I were a suspicious, cynical type, I could be persuaded to think that they deliberately make it more difficult, so they can charge more of the £100 fines for late filing! :rolleyes:

Baked potato, beans and sausages sounds awesome. Mmmmmm.

It was true comfort food! We were very tempted by the chippy, as hubs was working overtime all day, but then he decided he fancied hot dogs, so I thought skipping the bread and going for beans and a jacket would be a better bet.

Back