MWWWD (or Moonwatcher's Weight Watchers Diary!)

OMG MW! All that and only 25cals over!!! I'm loving the sound of Double-Trifle. Very acceptable for Sunday!!! Do u make GF Yorkies in the same way as normal? X

The same way for the yorkies, but with a different flour mix - gluten free. I will try them again and this time not commit the cardinal sin of opening the oven door!

Shhh don't let Serena see you had apple sauce on a roast dinner LOL

I'd already seen that but trifle diverted my attention ;-) x

Hehe. Another cardinal sin of fruit with savoury! Trifle can be very diverting though!

Sounds like a gorgeous sunday :) We had roast pork too. I had clotted cream ice cream and homemade chocolate sauce with Downtown though. I like our "diet" plan ;)

Lol. Yes it's a good 'un!

Loving the sounds of that you can really makr your cals stretch

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey MW, just catching up on the last week.. you look to be getting the hang of it, and I'm glad it doesnt seem to be bothering you too much that you can pretty much eat as you wish as it is all part of the masterplan!! your food really does look yummy the last few days and you really have the hang of it!! well done, hope you're proud of yourself xxx

I'm really happy with how it is going and with the way I am thinking about food now. It seems to have much less of a hold on me, and there is less of an attachment or connection between what happens/how I am feeling and what I end up eating. The other side of that is that when I do eat more than I should it has a much less negative impact on me - I can accept that I just ate a bit more than I should, and it's no big deal.

How's this week going? Everyone seems a bit quiet this week.

I am just about to update for today and yesterday's food in a moment. Monday is a write off - I didn't even bother to record it on MFP - one of those days where too many nibbles (including a packet of Holland and Barrett's Ginger Explosion and half a pack of Haribo Tangfastic) and a Wetherspoons meal made an appearance. I kept a running total in my head, but once it reached 2600 I decided it was a lost cause and to start again on Tuesday!

Last edited:
We all have days like that. Tge main thing is that you started fresh on tues and didn't turn a bad day into a bad two days

Tuesday 15th October

Breakfast - greek yogurt and sweet fruit and rice mix, cup of earl grey with milk

Mid morning - Nakd cocoa orange bar, coffee with milk

Lunch - genius gluten free seeded roll with roast pork and apple sauce, cherry tomatoes, one ounce of lightly salted kettle crisps, an apple, a clementine, cup of lemon ginger tea

At home after school - one piece of my home made gluten free carrot cake with a splash of cream, coffee with cream

Dinner - cauliflower, leek and bacon in cheese sauce, fried polenta with black pepper, sweetfire beetroot

Plenty of water

Total calories 2230/2160 (+70 calories)

Today, Wednesday 16th October

Breakfast - greek yogurt with maple syrup, coffee with cream

Mid morning - coffee with milk

Lunch - genius gluten free seeded roll with roast pork, apple sauce and Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce, an apple, cherry tomatoes, piece of gluten free quiche, lemon and ginger tea

At home after school - half a piece of gluten free carrot cake with a drizzle of cream, cup of coffee and cream, graze box shared with the OH - half a applewood smoked beef jerky with tomato relish, half a nacho libre chilli nut and corn cracker mix, most of a white choc, hazelnut and raspberry mix

Dinner - was going to have veg curry, but burnt my mouth this morning on a scalding hot coffee so could not face a curry tonight. Had scrambled eggs on gluten free toast, two slices of mustard ham, chestnut mushrooms and tomatoes,

A bit later - a mini chorizo stick and half a glass of cider

Total calories today 2179/2160 (+ 19 calories)

Was going to have a major catch up and posting session, but just too tired I'm afraid. Sorry peeps - have read your diaries but not posted on them all - just read and run on several. Quite a tough day at work today - three really crappy classes - this Wednesday in my timetable is always the day when I wonder if I am in the wrong job, but something will come along later in the week to make up for it. Well it usually does anyway, so fingers crossed. Wish I was young enough again to be so sure I knew everything! LOL! Yes, year 10s and 11s, that is directed at you!

How has your Thursday been MW? I hope that your Mouth isn't so sore anymore? I'm always burning my mouth on drinks, it's either drink them scalding or ice cold and I hate that! X

I think its very much to right attitude to not get to caught up if one day ends up over allowance or not fitting in with your eating plan, whatever that is. Afterall this is about much more long term changes. I think one of the differences with this approach is I found myself much more aware of how many calories there were in things even if I wasn;t strictly counting every last calorie.

The cheese, leek and bacon in cheese sauce with fried polenta sounds gorgeous. Did you make the polenta yourself or was in ready to cut stuff? I am ashamed to say i have never tried either although its something i always mean to.

Hope Thursday has treated you better and your hope of a moment that "makes it all worthwhile" was not misplaced!!

How has your Thursday been MW? I hope that your Mouth isn't so sore anymore? I'm always burning my mouth on drinks, it's either drink them scalding or ice cold and I hate that! X

Quite a good day today thanks Serena. Workwise I think anything would have been better than yesterday though! My mouth is still bit tender, but a lot better it was. My tongue felt like I had one of those rectangular battery terminal holders attached to it, like we used to do when we were kids! Having chilli tonight though - kill or cure!

I think its very much to right attitude to not get to caught up if one day ends up over allowance or not fitting in with your eating plan, whatever that is. Afterall this is about much more long term changes. I think one of the differences with this approach is I found myself much more aware of how many calories there were in things even if I wasn;t strictly counting every last calorie.

The cheese, leek and bacon in cheese sauce with fried polenta sounds gorgeous. Did you make the polenta yourself or was in ready to cut stuff? I am ashamed to say i have never tried either although its something i always mean to.

Hope Thursday has treated you better and your hope of a moment that "makes it all worthwhile" was not misplaced!!

Definitely in this for the long term. I think occasional days off are 'normal' life, or should be anyway.

The polenta was shop bought. I'm not sure about it tbh. It wasn't as good as I was expecting it to be. The cheese sauce made it. On the packet it does say you can fry it, dredge in sugar and serve as part of a sweet dish, which I am seriously considering for the other half of the packet!

I have some 'raw' polenta in the pantry which I thought I would mix up to try, as like most things I should think home made is tastiest.

Thursday 17th October

Breakfast - gluten free cereal flakes with milk and sweetener. cup of coffee with milk

Mid morning - Nakd cocoa orange bar and a cup of earl grey tea with milk

Lunch - four buckwheat crispbread with home made mushroom pate, tomatoes, an apple, a clementine, cup of earl grey tea with milk

At home after school - small piece of carrot cake with lemon cream cheese, coffee with cream,

Dinner - just about to have this - jacket potato with mince and veg chilli, grated cheddar and a dollop of mayo. 'Proper' jacket spud cooked in the oven with real jacket spud skin!

Water

Calories so far - 1966/2160 (194 calories left for supper!)

Last edited:
Quite a good day today thanks Serena. Workwise I think anything would have been better than yesterday though! My mouth is still bit tender, but a lot better it was. My tongue felt like I had one of those rectangular battery terminal holders attached to it, like we used to do when we were kids! Having chilli tonight though - kill or cure!

How did it handle it ;-) x

Thursday 17th October

Breakfast - gluten free cereal flakes with milk and sweetener. cup of coffee with milk

Mid morning - Nakd cocoa orange bar and a cup of earl grey tea with milk

Lunch - four buckwheat crispbread with home made mushroom pate, tomatoes, an apple, a clementine, cup of earl grey tea with milk

At home after school - small piece of carrot cake with lemon cream cheese, coffee with cream,

Dinner - just about to have this - jacket potato with mince and veg chilli, grated cheddar and a dollop of mayo. 'Proper jacket spud cooked in the oven with real jacket spud skin!)

Water

Calories so far - 1966/2160 (194 calories left for supper!)

Your food sounds yummy! I loveeeee Jackets done in the Oven, never really get chance so end up with soggy Microwave Skin :-( x

Few ouchie moments, but it was worth it for the chilli, which was amazingly tasty! You can't beat jacket potato skins when they have been done in the oven!

Few ouchie moments, but it was worth it for the chilli, which was amazingly tasty! You can't beat jacket potato skins when they have been done in the oven!

When I was kid my mum used to do a meal called 'Scoopies' reminds me of that! X

Scoopies? Is that like loaded skins then?

I changed the plan of a dollop of mayo to a dollop of greek yogurt so I could finish the evening with a gluten free mince pie. I need to test them before Christmas, so I can decide if it is worth bothering to make my own, or if I need to start stocking up in the freezer.

Scoopies? Is that like loaded skins then?

I changed the plan of a dollop of mayo to a dollop of greek yogurt so I could finish the evening with a gluten free mince pie. I need to test them before Christmas, so I can decide if it is worth bothering to make my own, or if I need to start stocking up in the freezer.

And what was the verdict??? And yeah Scoopies are like Loaded Skins but id never heard of those before! They were so yummy, I used to come through the door and be excited if mum made those x

Love proper baked potatoes love them with butter or with tuna and cheese

And what was the verdict??? And yeah Scoopies are like Loaded Skins but id never heard of those before! They were so yummy, I used to come through the door and be excited if mum made those x

Well the mince pie was very good - I had another tonight just to make sure! Will get some in for Christmas standby.

Back