MWWWD (or Moonwatcher's Weight Watchers Diary!)

Love proper baked potatoes love them with butter or with tuna and cheese

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

They were so good that we are having the same again tonight instead of freezing the leftover chilli, Will probably have feta instead of cheddar tonight.

So, update for today, Friday 18th October.

Breakfast - greek yogurt with maple syrup, earl grey tea with milk

Mid morning - four Mrs Crimble's gluten free tomato and pesto crackers with two Lidl cheese triangles, coffee with milk

Lunch - home made mushroom pâté with four buckwheat crackers, tomatoes, one ounce of kettle crisps (no fruit as forgot to take it!)

At home after school - gluten free mince pie with a coffee and cream

Here and there - three quarters of a packet of Haribo Tangfastic!

Dinner - same as last night - chilli on jacket potato (currently in the oven) with feta cheese and greek yogurt, conference pear

Calories for today - 2159/2160 (1 calorie under TDEE. Hmmmm, whatever shall I spend it on! LOL) Actually may be a bit fewer caps used today, as OH had seconds of the chilli yesterday, so less than a quarter of it to have today, which is what I have allowed for, so may have a small G&T later.

Think I may be going down with a cold as I have woken up every morning for a fortnight with a sore throat, which has disappeared during the day, but today it has hung around to keep me company plus my chest feels a bit tight and my ears are painful! :((

Well the mince pie was very good - I had another tonight just to make sure! Will get some in for Christmas standby.

I'm glad you double checked, wouldn't want you making a mistake ;-) x

So, update for today, Friday 18th October.

Breakfast - greek yogurt with maple syrup, earl grey tea with milk

Mid morning - four Mrs Crimble's gluten free tomato and pesto crackers with two Lidl cheese triangles, coffee with milk

Lunch - home made mushroom pâté with four buckwheat crackers, tomatoes, one ounce of kettle crisps (no fruit as forgot to take it!)

At home after school - gluten free mince pie with a coffee and cream

Here and there - three quarters of a packet of Haribo Tangfastic!

Dinner - same as last night - chilli on jacket potato (currently in the oven) with feta cheese and greek yogurt, conference pear

Calories for today - 2159/2160 (1 calorie under TDEE. Hmmmm, whatever shall I spend it on! LOL) Actually may be a bit fewer caps used today, as OH had seconds of the chilli yesterday, so less than a quarter of it to have today, which is what I have allowed for, so may have a small G&T later.

Think I may be going down with a cold as I have woken up every morning for a fortnight with a sore throat, which has disappeared during the day, but today it has hung around to keep me company plus my chest feels a bit tight and my ears are painful! :((

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the Dinner so much you are having it again ;-) And Yey for Mushroom Pâté making an appearance! Sorry to hear you might be coming down with a Cold, hope it doesn't amount to anything over night. X

Sorry to hear your not feeling the best. Hopefully you can sleep it off tonight and feel better tomorrow.
Dinner sound sooooooo good

I'm glad you double checked, wouldn't want you making a mistake ;-) x

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the Dinner so much you are having it again ;-) And Yey for Mushroom Pâté making an appearance! Sorry to hear you might be coming down with a Cold, hope it doesn't amount to anything over night. X

OH felt the need to help me with my gluten free mince pie research project, so unfortunately I will not be able to check my results until I buy another pack!

The pâté was made on Sunday and finished today, so it has lasted five days in the fridge with no problems

Sorry to hear your not feeling the best. Hopefully you can sleep it off tonight and feel better tomorrow.
Dinner sound sooooooo good

I'm hoping the weekend will get rid of it. Have to go shopping tomorrow and then I have two massive bags of cooking apples that a work colleague gave me to cook/freeze, so don't think tomorrow will be very restful!

Looking forward to hearing what you make with the apples

Well it turns out the chilli made six portions not four, so a late G&T is on its way (purely medicinal you ubderstand!) It probably means I over counted on my calories yesterday, but no problem as I was well over on Monday, so it will even it out a bit more for the week.

Looking forward to hearing what you make with the apples

I may have a look for a cake recipe, and perhaps make some apple chutney or apple and chilli jelly, but will probably freeze most of them for now, to use later.

A Late-Night G&T sounds like the perfect end to a hectic week! I hope you enjoyed it? I really wish I had a bigger freezer as space is always so limited in mine :-( x

We have two freezers - a small chest freezer and an upright one, but they still aren't enough. I think they are like handbags - whatever size you have you end up filling them!

Had a terrible night last night - feverishly hot one minute, then freezing cold the next and was drinking loads of water for my throat so was up and down to the loo too!
Went shopping today and had to leave OH to pay in one shop because I came over all hot and clammy. That's my excuse anyway! Do feel a lot better now though and my throat is not so sore. We are both dosing up on vitamin c and echinacea!

Food for today - Saturday October 19th

Breakfast - gluten free cereal flakes, milk and sweetener, a little greek yogurt on top, one earl grey with milk

Mid morning whilst we were shopping - a gingerbread latte - was OK while drinking it, but after finishing it suddenly got a really strong saccharine aftertaste. Yuk.

Later (still shopping) - a coffee with cream and a piece of gluten free victora sponge. Couldn't decide between that and the lemon cake, so bought a piece of the lemon cake home for tomorrow!

Dinner - at Wetherspoons, finally finished shopping! - sirloin steak, salad and a jacket potato, a toffee apple cider

In the car - some Haribo Tangfastic

At home with X-Factor - two vanilla chai teas with milk, an ounce of cheddar cheese and shallot crisps, ten dark chocolate coated cranberries

Total calories today - 2260/2160 (+ 100 calories)

WI this morning for the end of fifth week of my metabolism reset was 15st 4.8 lbs - up a little on last week (0.4 lbs) but fully expected that as had a pretty mammoth day on Monday and over by a bit several days. Three weeks to go.

Shopping haul (secondhand shop trawl!) was two lined skirts for work, a couple of tops (also for work), a handbag, a pair of suede low wedge black boots, a black wrap/throw/shawl/poncho, two scarves (£18 altogether)

Also popped into Poundland/QD/Superdrug for all sorts of stuff at bargain prices, including raspberry ruffle bars and dark chocolate coated cranberries, three emergency handbag umbrellas and then into the Co-op for some reduced lamb and sausages. Wound up at Wetherspoons for steak and now finishing my crisps with X Factor, although I am beginning to think the judges are deaf!

We have two freezers - a small chest freezer and an upright one, but they still aren't enough. I think they are like handbags - whatever size you have you end up filling them!

That's so true! Much like Under Stair Cupboards lol x

Had a terrible night last night - feverishly hot one minute, then freezing cold the next and was drinking loads of water for my throat so was up and down to the loo too!
Went shopping today and had to leave OH to pay in one shop because I came over all hot and clammy. That's my excuse anyway! Do feel a lot better now though and my throat is not so sore. We are both dosing up on vitamin c and echinacea!

Food for today - Saturday October 19th

Breakfast - gluten free cereal flakes, milk and sweetener, a little greek yogurt on top, one earl grey with milk

Mid morning whilst we were shopping - a gingerbread latte - was OK while drinking it, but after finishing it suddenly got a really strong saccharine aftertaste. Yuk.

Later (still shopping) - a coffee with cream and a piece of gluten free victora sponge. Couldn't decide between that and the lemon cake, so bought a piece of the lemon cake home for tomorrow!

Dinner - at Wetherspoons, finally finished shopping! - sirloin steak, salad and a jacket potato, a toffee apple cider

In the car - some Haribo Tangfastic

At home with X-Factor - two vanilla chai teas with milk, an ounce of cheddar cheese and shallot crisps, ten dark chocolate coated cranberries

Total calories today - 2260/2160 (+ 100 calories)

WI this morning for the end of fifth week of my metabolism reset was 15st 4.8 lbs - up a little on last week (0.4 lbs) but fully expected that as had a pretty mammoth day on Monday and over by a bit several days. Three weeks to go.

Shopping haul (secondhand shop trawl!) was two lined skirts for work, a couple of tops (also for work), a handbag, a pair of suede low wedge black boots, a black wrap/throw/shawl/poncho, two scarves (£18 altogether)

Also popped into Poundland/QD/Superdrug for all sorts of stuff at bargain prices, including raspberry ruffle bars and dark chocolate coated cranberries, three emergency handbag umbrellas and then into the Co-op for some reduced lamb and sausages. Wound up at Wetherspoons for steak and now finishing my crisps with X Factor, although I am beginning to think the judges are deaf!

Sorry to hear you've felt so poorly MW :-( Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better now tho. Yummy sounding food, bet you can't wait for the lemon cake tomorrow ;-) How was the Victoria Sponge today? WI Result sounds fair given the week you had, how are u feeling with 3wks to go? I'm loving the sound of your Haul, what a good eye for Bargains you have, I *really* need new clothes but very rarely find anything in Charity Shops these days :-( One final question, what is an emergency handbag umbrella and how is it different to a regular umbrella?!? X

That's so true! Much like Under Stair Cupboards lol x

Sorry to hear you've felt so poorly MW :-( Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better now tho. Yummy sounding food, bet you can't wait for the lemon cake tomorrow ;-) How was the Victoria Sponge today? WI Result sounds fair given the week you had, how are u feeling with 3wks to go? I'm loving the sound of your Haul, what a good eye for Bargains you have, I *really* need new clothes but very rarely find anything in Charity Shops these days :-( One final question, what is an emergency handbag umbrella and how is it different to a regular umbrella?!? X

The sponge was very, very good. It was on the strength of that that I bought the slice of lemon cake to bring home too!

I should think that now you are so tiny your charity shop options are quite limited. In fact, while I was in the changing rooms I heard a mum and daughter having a conversation about a lovely top on one of the racks, but it was too big - the mum was saying to the daughter 'I bet you're sorry you lost all that weight now.' I smiled to myself, because I thought 'I bet she is not the slightest bit sorry - even though it means she can't wear that top!'

The emergency umbrellas were just three Poundland fold up cheapies to go in my work handbag and in the car glove box. I always seem to get caught out having to come back in the pouring rain to the main school from a distant classroom. It is never raining when I go! I take a proper golfing size one when I walk in in the mornings but that isn't practical to carry around all day. These little ones will also be handy for fire alarms! The third one is a spare for in case I leave it at school after use one day!

Not sure if I have accidentally had some wheat/gluten today by some sort of cross contamination either at the café or at Wetherspoons, but my stomach is playing up badly, like it used to do all the time before I gave it up. :(( Apparently something as 'minor' as using the same board or utensils as previously used for wheat/gluten can set it off. I have sort of said "'Oh no, I'm surely not going to be that sensitive' but maybe I am. I have been very careful not to do that at home, but you can't be so sure when you are out. It's annoying because there is no way of knowing really. For some bizarre reason I seemed to believe that eating more of the cheese and shallot crisps and chocolate cranberries would help! So I am now well over my calories for today. We did walk a lot today, so hopefully that will help to make up for it. OH is already in the Land of Nod, so I will be joining him now, and hoping for a good night's sleep tonight. New day tomorrow. Was going to have a day of cooking, but we may go out for a walk at the beach instead, well wrapped up!

A Late-Night G&T sounds like the perfect end to a hectic week! I hope you enjoyed it? I really wish I had a bigger freezer as space is always so limited in mine :-( x

We got a massive larder freezer off of freecycle!! It's amazing and free!!

How you feeling now MW?

Missed a question! I am still feeling pretty good about the reset. Every so often I have a bit of a wobble along the lines of 'What if it doesn't work when I cut my calories down at the end of the reset, and I just keep slowly gaining and gaining?' There is no reason at all why that should happen, especially as the reset itself has pretty much followed the pattern it is 'supposed' to, but after years of dieting or being aware of calories/points/syns etc., it can sometimes be quite difficult to keep seeing those calorie numbers in the 2000s and not panic!

The sponge was very, very good. It was on the strength of that that I bought the slice of lemon cake to bring home too!

I should think that now you are so tiny your charity shop options are quite limited. In fact, while I was in the changing rooms I heard a mum and daughter having a conversation about a lovely top on one of the racks, but it was too big - the mum was saying to the daughter 'I bet you're sorry you lost all that weight now.' I smiled to myself, because I thought 'I bet she is not the slightest bit sorry - even though it means she can't wear that top!'

The emergency umbrellas were just three Poundland fold up cheapies to go in my work handbag and in the car glove box. I always seem to get caught out having to come back in the pouring rain to the main school from a distant classroom. It is never raining when I go! I take a proper golfing size one when I walk in in the mornings but that isn't practical to carry around all day. These little ones will also be handy for fire alarms! The third one is a spare for in case I leave it at school after use one day!

Not sure if I have accidentally had some wheat/gluten today by some sort of cross contamination either at the café or at Wetherspoons, but my stomach is playing up badly, like it used to do all the time before I gave it up. :(( Apparently something as 'minor' as using the same board or utensils as previously used for wheat/gluten can set it off. I have sort of said "'Oh no, I'm surely not going to be that sensitive' but maybe I am. I have been very careful not to do that at home, but you can't be so sure when you are out. It's annoying because there is no way of knowing really. For some bizarre reason I seemed to believe that eating more of the cheese and shallot crisps and chocolate cranberries would help! So I am now well over my calories for today. We did walk a lot today, so hopefully that will help to make up for it. OH is already in the Land of Nod, so I will be joining him now, and hoping for a good night's sleep tonight. New day tomorrow. Was going to have a day of cooking, but we may go out for a walk at the beach instead, well wrapped up!

I love Victoria Sponge but I'm normally always disappointed when I have a piece if I'm out. I'm glad you cleared up Re Umbrellas, I was thinking that It was some Japanese Gadget, one minute it's a Pack of Tissues, next minute it's an Umbrella ;-) Since I live in a Town where every other 'shop' is a Cafe/Bakery my Options are VERY limited! I never ever see Size 6s and Size 8s are realistically not worth buying even tho my Wardrobe is full of them :-( Maybe one day I will find a lovely Charity Shop where a lovely 20 Something Size 6 Lady has donated her whole Wardrobe! Happy Days! Hope u sleep well and wake up with your tummy feeling a bit better. A Day of Cooking sounds like a whole lot of fun, I'd choose that over a Beach Walk any day ;-) Night Night Sweet Wheat Free Dreams. X

Missed a question! I am still feeling pretty good about the reset. Every so often I have a bit of a wobble along the lines of 'What if it doesn't work when I cut my calories down at the end of the reset, and I just keep slowly gaining and gaining?' There is no reason at all why that should happen, especially as the reset itself has pretty much followed the pattern it is 'supposed' to, but after years of dieting or being aware of calories/points/syns etc., it can sometimes be quite difficult to keep seeing those calorie numbers in the 2000s and not panic!

I'm not sure if I could emotionally 'get my head round if' so I admire you girls for doing it. Keep up the hard work :) x

We got a massive larder freezer off of freecycle!! It's amazing and free!!

How you feeling now MW?

I love Freecycle and Freegle - we have had quite a few things from them, including our current sofas, two futons, 20 concrete slabs, two double glazed patio doors and a steam iron! It amazes me what people give away!

Cold is Ok thanks Nessa. I wonder if I am keeping it at bay because I am eating more/not eating the wheat/gluten? I usually get several colds during this half term, but have got off really lightly this year. OH had a cold about 6 weeks ago and I didn't catch it, which is unheard of!

Hope you are feeling better after the 'flu. xx

I love Victoria Sponge but I'm normally always disappointed when I have a piece if I'm out. I'm glad you cleared up Re Umbrellas, I was thinking that It was some Japanese Gadget, one minute it's a Pack of Tissues, next minute it's an Umbrella ;-) Since I live in a Town where every other 'shop' is a Cafe/Bakery my Options are VERY limited! I never ever see Size 6s and Size 8s are realistically not worth buying even tho my Wardrobe is full of them :-( Maybe one day I will find a lovely Charity Shop where a lovely 20 Something Size 6 Lady has donated her whole Wardrobe! Happy Days! Hope u sleep well and wake up with your tummy feeling a bit better. A Day of Cooking sounds like a whole lot of fun, I'd choose that over a Beach Walk any day ;-) Night Night Sweet Wheat Free Dreams. X

Hehe. I really must away to bed but had to answer this.

'The Yashimoto Emergency Tissue-Packet Handbag Umbrella is not available in the shops, but can be yours for only 6 monthly payments. Buy yours now.

Please note, the YETPHU is not suitable for use with severe colds or heavy storms. Umbrellas can go up as well as down. Details correct at time of publication.'

Hehe. I really must away to bed but had to answer this.

'The Yashimoto Emergency Tissue-Packet Handbag Umbrella is not available in the shops, but can be yours for only 6 monthly payments. Buy yours now.

Please note, the YETPHU is not suitable for use with severe colds or heavy storms. Umbrellas can go up as well as down. Details correct at time of publication.'

Ha ha ha! I actually need Tena Lady, I just peed my Pants reading that! In fact do you think the 'Tibrella' would help?!? Night Night xxxxx

Ha ha ha! I actually need Tena Lady, I just peed my Pants reading that! In fact do you think the 'Tibrella' would help?!? Night Night xxxxx

LOL, I think there's amazing potential here. I did briefly consider a 'Tenabrella' for you, but thought maybe the design practicalities were a bit of a problem!

Back