MWWWD (or Moonwatcher's Weight Watchers Diary!)

LOL, I think there's amazing potential here. I did briefly consider a 'Tenabrella' for you, but thought maybe the design practicalities were a bit of a problem!

Might of hurt when I tried to sit down ;-) 'Hello Dragons, We are here to present our idea of a Tibrella, We would like 5 Million Pounds of your Money for 1% of this Fantastic Company!' X

Yep and we are totally committed, or should be!

How are you feeling this morning Moonwatcher? Sounds like you've definitely been on the verge of coming down with the lurgy, could that be the reason for the stomach problems do you think? I suspect you are right about eating more and fueling your body better putting it in much better shape to ward off bugs.

WI sounds like a good result. 0.4lbs in a week of being over calories is pretty good really. The 8 week guide is just that - a guide. Some people feel they need to follow the reset for longer than that so its something to consider over the next couple of weeks.

The shopping haul sounds great :) Lovely way to spend a Saturday. Because I travel all over the Nottingham for appointments at work I often get to pop into charity shops in areas I wouldn't go to otherwise so have learnt which ones have the good stuff. Love a charity shop bargain and have got some great stuff from them over the years. At the moment I really really have to resist any more clothes buying though. Sulk. Like the sound of the dark chocolate coated cranberries - where were they from? I am still mourning that Lidl only stocked the dark chocolate sour cherries for such a short time. I miss them!

If you dont have the time to spend an hour cooking a jacket potato in the oven- cook it in the microwave for 4 minutes then finish off in a hot oven to get the skin crispy :)

If you dont have the time to spend an hour cooking a jacket potato in the oven- cook it in the microwave for 4 minutes then finish off in a hot oven to get the skin crispy :)

Ooooo I never knew this! Im definitely gonna try that, thanks for the tip! X

Toffee apple cider? Oh my god im so jealous what are the makers called? I have to trt that

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Toffee apple cider? Oh my god im so jealous what are the makers called? I have to trt that

Brothers :) x

How are you feeling this morning Moonwatcher? Sounds like you've definitely been on the verge of coming down with the lurgy, could that be the reason for the stomach problems do you think? I suspect you are right about eating more and fueling your body better putting it in much better shape to ward off bugs.

WI sounds like a good result. 0.4lbs in a week of being over calories is pretty good really. The 8 week guide is just that - a guide. Some people feel they need to follow the reset for longer than that so its something to consider over the next couple of weeks.

The shopping haul sounds great :) Lovely way to spend a Saturday. Because I travel all over the Nottingham for appointments at work I often get to pop into charity shops in areas I wouldn't go to otherwise so have learnt which ones have the good stuff. Love a charity shop bargain and have got some great stuff from them over the years. At the moment I really really have to resist any more clothes buying though. Sulk. Like the sound of the dark chocolate coated cranberries - where were they from? I am still mourning that Lidl only stocked the dark chocolate sour cherries for such a short time. I miss them!

Not sure about my stomach Atomic. It is still not quite right today, but I don't have the pain typical of wheat/gluten, so it could all be part of the lurgy. Have very prickly and sore eyes today to go with the sore throat etc., but managed to get to the coast for a few hours and don't feel any worse than yesterday, so that's good.

I had a major wardrobe throw out a couple of months ago, so there is (just) room for more. Picked up another pair of low heeled black boots today for £5.95 and a lovely patchwork brown leather bag for £3, so I was quite happy! The boots are more like the style I was looking for yesterday, but the ones I got yesterday, which are more casual, were too good to miss at £2.99!

I'm not sure about whether to extend my reset or not at the moment. I have been thinking that 3 more weeks will take me to around 9th November and I could then try dropping my 10% for a few weeks before Christmas and see how it goes. If I leave it longer than that it is getting quite close to pre Christmas meals and indulgences and I can see that I could easily slip into bad habits over the build up to Christmas, and then lose the plot over Christmas itself. My thinking is 5 weeks of the 10% cut and then relax a bit over Christmas, ideally around TDEE levels. Hopefully the smaller difference between cut levels and 'Christmas' levels wouldn't result in too major a gain and then I would be ready for a 10% cut again in the new year. That is the current plan anyway!

The chocolate cranberries were from Poundland. I did try to look for the supplier's name for you, but OH had helpfully put them into a container for me and binned the packet, so by the time I looked it was buried at the bottom of the bin. I'm not sure if Poundland carry the same stock countrywise, but probably worth a look if you have one nearby. I bought some dark chocolate coated ginger today, which I probably need to get OH to padlock shut!

Last edited:

I do this sometimes, but find I can still taste a difference inside the potato - probably texture rather than taste tbh. It does get that lovely crispy skin though - which is possibly the best bit anyway!

Brothers :) x

Mmmm love the toffee apple one. I also love the korderlig passion fruit.one yum xx

My New Veggie Diary; http://www.minimins.com/showthread.php?t=329400 :)

Yep - Brothers, which I think you can get in Tesco and probably other supermarkets too. I like it in a tall glass with ice. I could drink.it all night long, I wouldn't be able to stand, of course, but still...

I''ve not tried that passionfruit one - will have to keep an eye open for it. I think they also make the spiced apple one. Yum. Drinking water with lemon juice at the moment though!

Sounds amazeballs when I go to Newcastle in December im gonna look out for those

So, update for today, Sunday 20th October

Breakfast - gluten free cereal flakes with milk and sweetener, cup of earl grey with milk

Elevenses before going out - one brown gluten free ciabatta roll, halved and toasted with melted cheese and tomato

Put a lamb stew into the slow cooker and then we set off for the coast to 'do' a few more charity shops and to have a bit of a walk. The sun was shining and it was a lovely Autumn afternoon. Late lunch of Dixie pork baguette with BBQ sauce, coleslaw and chips. I didn't have the baguette, but the rest was gluten free. It was delicious and fortunately only a tiny portion of chips as they were meant to be accompanying the baguette. The pork, including crackling, was perfectly cooked and absolutely gorgeous. The weather was still warm enough that we sat on the balcony overlooking the beech and the pier. Washed it down with a small latte.

Later - a butterscotch thick shake and a pot of earl grey with milk

Later still - about two thirds of a portion of Turkish delight icecream. OH had the rest.

Popped into the local Co-op as we needed a few bits and was happy to get loo roll multi packs on 'BOGOF,' (loo rolls on BOGOF made me grin) and also to discover that their own brand honey nut cornflakes use gluten free barley malt. Yay!

Since getting home have had half an ounce of the cheddar and shallot crisps leftover from last night. I had finished the rest of the pack, but I was determined to leave some of them! Also had 14 dark choc cranberries and a piece of dark choc ginger. Am now drinking plenty of water with lemon juice and watching X-Factor and then Downton on ITV+1, in bed. It's a tough life. Am very happy it's half term from next Friday though.

I didn't get any of the cooking apples sorted, but I did get several bargains and really enjoyed the weekend. Plenty of time to get the apples done when it is raining next week!

Total calories for today 2201/2160, only 41 calories over, which surprised me -thought it would be a bit more than that.

Hey MW! What a Fab Weekend you've had! I'm loving the sound of all your Chaity Shop Bargains, between those, Poundland and Coop you've done really well, very productive! Good News about the Honey Nut, used to be a reasonable favourite of mine but I'm currently banned from buying boxes of cereal :-( So my indulging will have to wait till I'm staying in a Premier Inn and I can enjoy a little box! X

I think I am going to come and stay with you for next weekend, Moonwatcher... Your weekends always sound so much fun!

Finishing the reset in 3 weeks time would definitely fit pretty well with getting a good chunk of "deficit" weeks in before the Christmas madness begins, but possibly still worth keeping a slightly open mind to it.

Back