MWWWD (or Moonwatcher's Weight Watchers Diary!)

Hia Pat, how are you keeping? I've been AWOL for a wee while but trying to get back in to the swing of things and thought whilst here I'd pop in and send a hug and see how you were doing :)

Hey MW, how are you feeling after the reset? Are you feeling the pinch with reducing calories, you look to be doing well.. I love reading your diary as I have to google half the ingredients hehe :) xx

Hi JoJo. I'm struggling to keep the calories down to the cut (reduced) levels tbh. I know that sounds ridiculous when I'm talking about 1950 cals a day, as really that is quite a lot! I'm just going with it at the moment. If I lose any before Christmas then that's great, but if not then I'll settle for a STS until the New Year. I'm probably eating 'normally' for the first time in years, so I'm happy to accept that it takes a while to settle into that. I am definitely enjoying the food!

Hia Pat, how are you keeping? I've been AWOL for a wee while but trying to get back in to the swing of things and thought whilst here I'd pop in and send a hug and see how you were doing :)

Hi Goldi!

Good to hear from you! I'm not sure if you were around when I started the metabolism reset of eating my recommended calories to allow my body to settle back to normal? I did about 8 weeks of that and then (should have) started to cut my calories by about 10%, but am struggling a bit to stick with it. Hope you are feeling good,

So, here to report in for Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and today. I was initially going to write 'confess' but I am increasingly realising that eating is, or should be, a normal part of life, including those days you eat out, or don't count what you have at all, or cook loads, or can't be bothered to cook. None of them are really something that anyone should have to confess, they just are 'what happens!' Anyway, enough of the philisophy!

Tough week at work. Difficult time for the school with a terribly tragic event involving a pupil and family, plus an exhausting time with a new pupil. I can tell you, I have had some very weird and intense dreams these past few days as my mind has obviously been jumbling it all up together! I didn't count anything on Wednesday and Friday. Thursday was about 2030 cals and today is on line to be around my cut calories of 1950. Three course meal last night though of cheesy nachos, gammon steak, chips and peas, caramel ice cream sundae and a flake, so I kept off the scales this morning!

Today's food

Breakfast - savoury onion gf toasted bagel with cheese, one earl grey with milk and one coffee and cream

Didn't have a lunch as such as I spent several hours on a serious top to bottom bedroom clean and sort out, including washing the windows and the curtains and washing, drying and polishing the dark brown wooden Venetian blind (I know, whatever possessed me to buy it in the first place? Lol) Also did four other loads of washing in addition to the curtains. Am planning a similar onslaught on the living room and hall tomorrow - for some reason I always feel I need a massive cleaning session ready for Christmas!

Other food/drinks as snacks - 5 pieces of crystallized ginger, a packet of Tesco cheesy puffs,another coffee with cream and a rose garden tea with milk, one ounce of cashew nuts

Dinner - Warburton gf wrap as a pizza with tikka chicken, BBQ sauce, cheddar and parmesan, black olives, thyme and oregano, dollop of mayo, one satsuma, small glass of cider, water

After dinner - vanilla affagato coffee

Last edited:
Sorry you've had a difficult week, Moonwatcher.

I am just about getting my head around the cut calories at the moment, but its taken me far far far longer than I thought it would. I guess this approach is for the long term for both of us so sometimes its about recalibrating your sense of urgency and time. We will both get there.

I do agree about the philosophy of food being natural and not something to "confess" about. I got in late from work on Thursday and was off out to a gig that evening with only 45 minutes to feed the animals, feed myself and get ready. I picked up a pizza from tesco on the way home and had that with a small glass of wine. I wouldn't have dreamt of doing that a year ago and it felt very nice to be able to make what would be a fairly normal choice for alot of people in those circumstances.

Sorry you've had a difficult week, Moonwatcher.

I am just about getting my head around the cut calories at the moment, but its taken me far far far longer than I thought it would. I guess this approach is for the long term for both of us so sometimes its about recalibrating your sense of urgency and time. We will both get there.

I do agree about the philosophy of food being natural and not something to "confess" about. I got in late from work on Thursday and was off out to a gig that evening with only 45 minutes to feed the animals, feed myself and get ready. I picked up a pizza from tesco on the way home and had that with a small glass of wine. I wouldn't have dreamt of doing that a year ago and it felt very nice to be able to make what would be a fairly normal choice for alot of people in those circumstances.

Yes I too like the 'normality' of my food choices after years of the opposite. I alternate between worrying that I have lost my mojo, and thinking that I am exactly where I should be! Four weeks to Christmas and this is the first time I can remember that I am not desperately trying to knock off a stone in the last few weeks, but I do worry I have relaxed a bit too much! Exercise is still pretty non existent for me at now too and I know I should knuckle down and do some, but with OH's alarm going off around 4.00 at the moment I am generally shattered by the time I have got home from work and done all the usual evening stuff of dinner, housework, the next day's lunch etc. I keep thinking I should get up and do a workout when he goes off to work, but am knackered in the mornings too! In a moment of madness I have signed up for the staff panto, so will have late finishes about three nights a week for rehearsals for that too for the next few weeks. It will be fun, but I sort of regret putting my name down now!

Anyway, food so far for today is up to 1578 calories so far. Not sure what else I will be having, as not at all hungry yet.

Breakfast - crunchy nut gf flakes with milk, earl grey tea with milk, coffee and cream

Bit more housework and then cooked a batch of apple pies with gf pastry, so afternoon snack was small piece of gf apple pie and a drizzle of cream, vanilla chai tea and milk

Dinner - three gf 'Heck' pork and apple sausages, mash, carrots, home grown runner beans and onion gravy with home made apple sauce, two satsumas, water

Vanilla affogato coffee

Added an ounce and a half of cashews to that. Still have about 170 calories left. May have a milky white options last thing. Bed soon as 4.00 alarm in the morning. OH is watching something about Hitler first. Think I will find something to read on my Kindle!

Didn't have anything else last night, so calories are a bit under for yesterday, but no problem as I am over often enough!

​Monday 25th November

Breakfast - greek yogurt with maple syrup, earl grey tea and milk, coffee with cream

Mid morning - coffee with milk

Lunch - gf ciabatta roll with sweet chill Philadelphia, cheddar and beetroot, five dried apricots, one ounce cashews, two satsumas, rose garden tea with milk

At home after school - piece of home-made gf apple pie with cream, earl grey tea and milk

Dinner - three cheese and smoked garlic risotto (iberico, port wine derby and fresh parmesan cheeses) with basil oil roast courgettes, butternut squash and shallots, sweetfire beetroot, one conference pear

Loads of water - gone down with a stinking cold and am extremely thirsty.

Calories for the day = 1984/1950 (over by 34 once I had had the pear, but didn't add it all up until then, so not far off, all things considered)

Am wondering if I should 'move' my diary out of the WW section, as I don't quite feel right posting my food in a WW diary when I am definitely and quite obviously not following WW. I don't think there is a Minis section for what I am actually doing though. I suppose the closest may be the healthy eating section, but I'm not really sure I belong there either! Feeling a bit lost all round at the moment 'dietwise.' I don't just mean where my diary should be, but overall.

Of course you can still post here, I know its hard sometimes to know what to do diet wise but you made that choice for a reason so hopefully it will come together for you, you have gone through the main bit not just need to finish it off by reducing. Dont know what to say to you as done know anything about the reset, maybe sit down and make a plan for yourself for a week or two and see how that goes

Monday 25th November

Breakfast - greek yogurt with maple syrup, earl grey tea and milk, coffee with cream

Lunch - gf ciabatta roll with sweet chill Philadelphia, cheddar and beetroot, five dried apricots, one ounce cashews, two satsumas, rose garden tea with milk

At home after school - piece of home-made gf apple pie with cream, earl grey tea and milk

Dinner - three cheese and smoked garlic risotto (iberico, port wine derby and fresh parmesan cheeses) with basil oil roast courgettes, butternut squash and shallots, sweetfire beetroot, one conference pear

Loads of water - gone down with a stinking cold and am extremely thirsty.

Calories for the day = 1984/1950 (over by 34 once I had had the pear, but didn't add it all up until then, so not far off, all things considered)

Am wondering if I should 'move' my diary out of the WW section, as I don't quite feel right posting my food in a WW diary when I am definitely and quite obviously not following WW. I don't think there is a Minis section for what I am actually doing though. I suppose the closest may be the healthy eating section, but I'm not really sure I belong there either! Feeling a bit lost all round at the moment 'dietwise.' I don't just mean where my diary should be, but overall.

Hey MW, I think you are doing really well with the reduction in calories and are making a fair go at it.. I have noticed that a lot of threads are gone very quiet these last few weeks.. We are all struggling a bit I think.. But no matter where you choose to write, please don't undo all the hard work you've done with your reset... It's still a work in progress and you will have a wonderful end result.. It's like a wall.. If you keep chipping at it it's gonna give way sooner or later no matter if you're using a hammer or a nail file ... If you make no effort with it, it's never gonna change!! Love n hugs xxxx

Of course you can still post here, I know its hard sometimes to know what to do diet wise but you made that choice for a reason so hopefully it will come together for you, you have gone through the main bit not just need to finish it off by reducing. Dont know what to say to you as done know anything about the reset, maybe sit down and make a plan for yourself for a week or two and see how that goes

Hey MW, I think you are doing really well with the reduction in calories and are making a fair go at it.. I have noticed that a lot of threads are gone very quiet these last few weeks.. We are all struggling a bit I think.. But no matter where you choose to write, please don't undo all the hard work you've done with your reset... It's still a work in progress and you will have a wonderful end result.. It's like a wall.. If you keep chipping at it it's gonna give way sooner or later no matter if you're using a hammer or a nail file ... If you make no effort with it, it's never gonna change!! Love n hugs xxxx

It has been a bit quiet on here hasn't it? I suppose I am just feeling a bit of a fraud in the WW section whilst eating so much! I need to stick to the cut calories pretty strictly I think, if I want to see a loss, even a small one, and I'm surprised how difficult I'm finding that! I have gained a bit more - around 9 lbs in total now since I started the whole reset thing. I am trying to be realistic and accept that it will probably be after Christmas before I can expect to see any loss that sticks. It is tough though, because nine pounds has made a difference to how clothes fit and look (it all seems to have gone back onto my waist and stomach).

So, food update for the week.

Tuesday - Breakfast - greek yogurt and maple syrup, vanilla chai tea and milk

Mid morning - coffee and milk

Lunch - small jacket spud with a ready meal sachet of gf kerala chicken curry (was a freebie sample), two satsumas, rose garden tea and milk

At home after school - home made gf apple pie with cream, coffee and cream, earl grey tea and milk

Dinner - home made cauli cheese and sweetfire beetroot

Evening - vanilla affogato coffee and crystallized ginger pieces, water

Calories 1857/1950 (93 under)

Wednesday 27th November

Breakfast - greek yogurt and maple syrup, coffee and cream

Mud morning - coffee and milk

Lunch - gf white ciabatta roll with cheddar cheese and pickle, one ounce cashew nuts, four dried apricots, a coxes apple and two satsumas, vanilla chai tea and milk

At home after school - home made gf apple pie and cream, coffee and cream, few pieces of crystallized ginger

Dinner - chipotle chilli buckwheat pasta and tuna tomato bake, topped with grated cheddar and a spoonful of greek yoghurt

Water

Calories = 2021/1950 (over by 71 calories) Daily calorie average is OK though.

Thursday 28th November

Breakfast - greek yogurt with maple syrup, coffee with milk

By lunchtime I had completely lost my voice, so was sent home ti recuperate! I need to get my voice back for next week as I will be reading and scribing for the Year 11 mock exams

Lunch at home - gf ciabatta roll, stilton with papaya and pineapple, mango chutney, graze box harissa green olives and 'Track and Field' - nut, raisin, fudge and caramel choc drop mix, coxes apple, two satsumas, vanilla chai tea and milk

Mid afternoon (this was where the day went pear shaped) OH went to the shop to get some cream and some Mrs Crimbles gf goodies, but they didn't have any Mrs C's so he came back with large bags of kettle crisps and some Cadbury's Dairy Milk instead. Dived into the kettle crisps as if my life depended on it. Think my willpower had gone off somewhere with my voice! One coffee and cream to wash it down.

Dinner - jacket potato with baked beans and iberico cheese, small glass of spiced cider, a bit more chocolate, water.

So, calories for the day were 2464/1950 (514 calories over.) A quick tot up of my calories so far this week puts me at around 450 over. Will aim for 1950 today. Am at home again as still can hardly speak.

Quite fed up with my lack of willpower at the moment. It seems that the more relaxed the 'diet' plan is, the harder I find it to stick to!

Last edited:
How are you getting on today, hope you voice is coming back. You would def think it would be easy to cut down a bit compared to how little you were used to eating but its never easy anyway is it. Try and stick to 1950 for the next few days. Cut maybe a few little things that you wouldnt notice like switching back to low fat options again etc

Hey moonwatcher. Sorry I have been very much AWOL this week.

I am drooling at your three cheese and smoked garlic risotto and chipotle pasta bake. Mmmmmmmmmm. Where is the iberico cheese from? Sounds very nice. I am somewhat obsessed by the rather pricey but rather delicious iberico chorizo that sainsburys do on their deli counter.

Hope your voice improves soon.

How are you getting on today, hope you voice is coming back. You would def think it would be easy to cut down a bit compared to how little you were used to eating but its never easy anyway is it. Try and stick to 1950 for the next few days. Cut maybe a few little things that you wouldnt notice like switching back to low fat options again etc

Hey moonwatcher. Sorry I have been very much AWOL this week.

I am drooling at your three cheese and smoked garlic risotto and chipotle pasta bake. Mmmmmmmmmm. Where is the iberico cheese from? Sounds very nice. I am somewhat obsessed by the rather pricey but rather delicious iberico chorizo that sainsburys do on their deli counter.

Hope your voice improves soon.

Well I am up another pound this morning, but had two lots of crisps yesterday so I reckon that is probably water/salt weight and will disappear over the weekend. Three weeks of supposed to be on cut level calories and three pounds up! *Grumbling*

My voice is gradually coming back, although I feel really drained. OH and I are venturing out in a while for some new Christmas decs to decorate the tree tomorrow. Generally feeling *meh* so hopefully that will cheer me up a bit.

Atomic - the iberico cheese was from Tesco - their own brand I think.

Will update with yesterday's food later.

Well I have had a couple of days of not counting, although been busy and not eaten too much, so I don't think I have done any major damage. Was going to update for Friday's food, and input today's, but am having problems with the MFP app tonight. It seems to be stuck in constant 'sync' mode. I can't be bothered to go onto the website and faff around with it tbh! Friday's cals were about 50 under.

A quick round up of yesterday's food:

Breakfast - three sesame snaps biscuits

Lunch - Costa gingerbread latte without the gingerbread man, one gf chocolate brownie

Dinner - local pub - small portion of chicken tikka massala with half a portion of boiled rice, poppadom, mango chutney, a few potato wedges, glass of cider

Snacks - one bite of a gf peanut biscuit (yuk - rest in the bin!) one gf lime and coconut macaroon, an ounce of BBQ flavour crisps

Plenty of walking and shopping yesterday. Checked the scales and that rogue pound had gone this morning as expected,

Today's food was a gf mixed grain and maple cereal with milk, tea and milk, coffee and cream

Lunch/snacks while decorating Christmas tree - jarlsberg cheese, a few BBQ crisps, five Mrs Crimble's crackers with sweet chilli Philadelphia cheese, glass of passionfruit cider - very impressed with that!

Dinner - cottage pie, sprouts, carrots, roast parsnips and gravy, followed by a gingerbread steamed pudding with cream. This pudd is the planned pudd for Christmas Day, instead of traditional Christmas pudding so we needed to try it out in advance to check it was ok. It was!

No idea of exact calories, but don't think they will be too far out for either day. Will log again properly from tomorrow.

Back