MWWWD (or Moonwatcher's Weight Watchers Diary!)

I have had Rambutans a long time ago. I seem to remember they were very similar to lychees? We went to Hunstanton. It was a perfect day for it - warm, but not too hot, and the rain held off until we were in the coach on the way home. I spent about three hours strolling back and forth along the promenade and sitting on a bench watching the kids and the sea. It was a great day, as a work day goes! I think I do regret 'messing around' last year, but I don't regret trying out the reset as I think the more natural attitude to food and dieting is worthwhile. I suppose that sounds odd, as WW is so structured, but I think the two can work together. A relaxed, structured aporoach! I just want to get on with it this year (and next year no doubt!)

Yeah the Rambutans are like giant lychees! Very pricey but sometimes I see them reduced and treat myself :)

Sounds as though your day out was fab, lots of exercise!

It's good to hear that you are back with such structure, it seems like we have all returned with our game face on! X

Yeah the Rambutans are like giant lychees! Very pricey but sometimes I see them reduced and treat myself :)

Sounds as though your day out was fab, lots of exercise!

It's good to hear that you are back with such structure, it seems like we have all returned with our game face on! X

Yes, there seem to be several people recently who have jumped back on the wagon.

Tuesday 24th June 2014

So, Tuesday was the school trip to the coast...

Breakfast: Lidl Greek Yogurt with a little dark brown sugar (5pp)

Lunch: sitting on a bench looking at the beach! Cheese salad sandwich with salad cream, cherry tomatoes, cherries, apple (11pp)

Had to nip out to stock up on gluten free bread and sandwich thins, so we popped into a Wetherspoons: sirloin steak, mustard, mushroom, tomato, peas and I replaced the chips with a jacket potato, no butter, diet coke to drink. The best I can work out for this is (20pp)

At home later: fresh mango and cherries (0pp)

Drinks: water with lemon juice, milk in earl grey teas, one coffee with cream (3pp)

Totals for the day: 39pp, (30 dailies and 9 weeklies) APs earned - difficult to work out as we walked then stopped, walked then stopped, so I have guessed at 3. It may be a bit more, but I am not planning to use them anyway, so it isn't too important to get it exactly right.

Wednesday 25th June 2014

Another rather pleasant day at work (well needed after the last few weeks). We had a year 9 English Day with four visiting authors to give presentations and work with the pupils, so I spent a couple of lessons with them, two more lessons with years 7 and 8 helping them with sewing, and one lesson watching a film in RE. Not too taxing a day! We have a training morning tomorrow as the kids are off for the Norfolk Show, so another relaxed day. I wonder what Friday will bring - let's hope it's not one awful day which compensates for the rest of the week!!

Breakfast: 2 slices of gluten free fruit loaf, toasted, with a little butter and honey (10pp)

Lunch: gluten free wrap with cheese, salad leaves, beetroot and l/f salad cream, a handful of cherry tomatoes and an apple (9pp)

Dinner: beef and vegetable chilli with butternut squash wedges, cooked with a teaspoon of olive oil, herbs and smoked paprika. I had to add a little greek yogurt to it as I had made it rather hot! Followed it with fresh pineapple and pear and a squirt of spray cream (10pp)

Snack: a peperami style salami stick (3pp)

Drinks: water with lemon juice, milk in a couple of earl grey teas, one coffee with cream (3pp)

Totals: 35pp (30 daily and 5 weeklies) APs - just one for walking to and from school. My ankle is sore after yesterday, so I must have done a fair bit of walking as it doesn't usually play up! As I will be weighing in after a five day week I have adjusted my weeklies by subtracting 14, so my remaining weeklies are 15.

Very ready for bed, so about to sort out OH's lunch for tomorrow (I will have mine when I get in, as we are finishing at 1.00pm) and then bed for me. Will hopefully catch up with some diaries over the next few days, to find out what everyone has been up to!

Your food always sounds so yummy MW! Sounds like you are really smashing the plan.x PS-Hope your training goes well today.x

Your food always sounds so yummy MW! Sounds like you are really smashing the plan.x PS-Hope your training goes well today.x

Thanks Serena. I am really content to be back on WW again as I feel in control after quite a while coasting. The training morning was very relaxed - a session discussing plans for next year for group sessions to work on removing barriers to learning and improving classroom practices, then a few hours of in department discussion about all kinds of stuff, then home at 1.00 pm, which was very pleasant!

Thursday 26th June 2014

Early breakfast this morning as we started early at school so we could finish early!

Breakfast: 2 slices gluten free fruit loaf with a little butter and honey (9pp)

Lunch at home: gluten free sliced sandwich thins with two scrambled eggs, two thin slices of ham, cherry tomatoes and a drizzle of HP "wood-smoke" BBQ sauce, a pear (9pp)

Did a bit of tidying up and a couple of loads of washing, then sat down with OH, who was also home early, for a cup of coffee with cream (2pp)

Dinner: an all in one oven tray-bake of chicken thigh, new potatoes, onion, carrots, butternut squash, red pepper and pineapple, roasted in a little olive oil (tablespoon between us), lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, thyme, spicy chicken herb mix, paprika and chilli powder, served with mixed leaves, beetroot and a drizzle of l/f Caesar dressing, This was absolutely delicious - even more so because the preparation and cooking was simply peeling and chopping, then bunging everything in the oven together until it was done! Followed it with an orange. (10pp)

Other drinks: water and milk in two earl grey teas (1pp)

Total for the day:31pp (30 dailies and 1 weekly) 1 AP for walking to and from school, 14 weeklies remaining.

We will probably drive out to the coast after work tomorrow afternoon, so I have worked out tomorrow's points to include a small portion of chips and an ice-cream!

Food is looking fab, and that one pot roast looks and sounds scrummy. I suspect my OH would definitely approve of the inclusion of pineapple in it. He seems to think pineapple is a valid accompaniment to most things. We have often ended up with macaroni cheese with pickled onions and pineapple on the side!

Glad you've had a bit more of a chilled week at work and hope today hasn't reversed that trend. Sounds very nice to have a working day at the coast. I am always so envious of all your casual strolls along the sea front. Its the only thing I miss about no longer living in Suffolk.

As regard the trying different approaches last year I think I feel pretty similar to you. There is a faint frustration that I have ended up doing exactly what I was doing at the start of last year, just weighing a bit more but I do think I have a better psychologically relationship with food and with my own weight and health as a result of the reset and other things. I think I had got to the stage where I was almost fearful of food and social events at times and I definitely feel a lot more relaxed and "natural" about things now.

Food is sounding good MW! Did you drive out to the coast this afternoon? X

Food is looking fab, and that one pot roast looks and sounds scrummy. I suspect my OH would definitely approve of the inclusion of pineapple in it. He seems to think pineapple is a valid accompaniment to most things. We have often ended up with macaroni cheese with pickled onions and pineapple on the side!

Glad you've had a bit more of a chilled week at work and hope today hasn't reversed that trend. Sounds very nice to have a working day at the coast. I am always so envious of all your casual strolls along the sea front. Its the only thing I miss about no longer living in Suffolk.

As regard the trying different approaches last year I think I feel pretty similar to you. There is a faint frustration that I have ended up doing exactly what I was doing at the start of last year, just weighing a bit more but I do think I have a better psychologically relationship with food and with my own weight and health as a result of the reset and other things. I think I had got to the stage where I was almost fearful of food and social events at times and I definitely feel a lot more relaxed and "natural" about things now.

I could definitely go for that mac cheese combo myself! Today was actually another good day at work. I had two lessons scheduled with a group that includes a rather difficult pupil, but he wasn't in school. Another afternoon spent in textiles helping with sewing - this time with year 9s, so quite a relaxing finish to the week.

I agree with you about the feeling of almost fearing social functions - that feeling of not wanting to go off plan and of not really looking forward to things because of the fact that they may mean I went off plan! I find I am much more relaxed about that sort of thing now, and that means I am likely to make better choices. There is definitely less of that 'all or nothing' feeling.

Food is sounding good MW! Did you drive out to the coast this afternoon? X

Yes we did, although we had torrential rain and hailstones about 2.00 o'clock this afternoon. The weather improved later though, so we decided to risk it. It turned out to be a really sunny and warm evening, but the clouds were hovering most of the time. There were some lovely rainbows over the sea. We had just made it back to the car when the rain started again, so we drove home in a massive thunderstorm! We managed to fit in about an hour of walking, in addition to the chip shop visit and the ice-cream parlour!

Last edited:
Friday 27th June 2014

Breakfast: greek yogurt with honey (5pp)

Lunch: gluten free wrap with ham, salad and mango chutney, cherry tomatoes, pear (8pp)

Dinner: at the coast - small portion of chips and most of a battered sausage, one scoop of peach melba ice-cream (guestimated at 27pp)

Snack: two liquorice allsorts (1pp)

Drinks: water, milk in a couple of earl grey teas, tiny glass of dry cider (small wine glass, not full - just a taster out of OH's can (3pp)

Totals: 44pp (30 dailies and 14 weeklies - that's all the weeklies gone) APs today: we walked for over an hour at the coast - counted as 5pp, as we stopped a couple of times to look at the sea.

WI tomorrow - not a full week, but hoping to show a bit of a loss for the 5 days.

Friday 27th June 2014

Breakfast: greek yogurt with honey (5pp)

Lunch: gluten free wrap with ham, salad and mango chutney, cherry tomatoes, pear (8pp)

Dinner: at the coast - small portion of chips and most of a battered sausage, one scoop of peach melba ice-cream (guestimated at 27pp)

Snack: two liquorice allsorts (1pp)

Drinks: water, milk in a couple of earl grey teas, tiny glass of dry cider (small wine glass, not full - just a taster out of OH's can (3pp)

Totals: 44pp (30 dailies and 14 weeklies - that's all the weeklies gone) APs today: we walked for over an hour at the coast - counted as 5pp, as we stopped a couple of times to look at the sea.

WI tomorrow - not a full week, but hoping to show a bit of a loss for the 5 days.

Your day sounded so yummy MW! I'm particularly liking the sound of PM Ice-Cream, not a flavour I've heard of before!
Good Luck for WI :) I hope the Scales are kind as you've done really well these 5 days.x

Flying visit to report WI results - loss of 2.2 lbs. As that was over 5 days I reckon it would have crept up to 3 in a full week, so very happy with that.

I am changing to Friday WI from now on as we often go out to the coast Friday evenings in the summer and more often than not will get something to eat. Although I did this last night and was still within my points for the 5 days, I am thinking about the salt/water retention of take always etc., and that impacting on WI, so FrIday WIs from now on for me.

Serena - in SherIngham where we go there are two ice cream parlours next to each other selling loads of yummy flavours. The only problem is choosing just one, but there is always next week!

HUGE well done for weigh result. That's excellent. And the trip to the coast yesterday sounds fantastic, including the thunderstorm. I love a good thunderstorm and sounds like it timed it just right!

Hope you have a great weekend.

Flying visit to report WI results - loss of 2.2 lbs. As that was over 5 days I reckon it would have crept up to 3 in a full week, so very happy with that.

I am changing to Friday WI from now on as we often go out to the coast Friday evenings in the summer and more often than not will get something to eat. Although I did this last night and was still within my points for the 5 days, I am thinking about the salt/water retention of take always etc., and that impacting on WI, so FrIday WIs from now on for me.

Serena - in SherIngham where we go there are two ice cream parlours next to each other selling loads of yummy flavours. The only problem is choosing just one, but there is always next week!

Well done on the loss MW!! .. :happy096:

Good idea to change your WI day especially with the outings being on a Friday.
I find just going out anywhere is a big invitation to indulge. Theatre tonight and will have to get some throat sweets to stop me from having fits of coughing but hopefully won't be too many added calories etc.

I keep reminding myself that all those goodies will still be there when I eventually lose all this weight but unfortunately it doesn't often work! .. :rolleyes:

Well done

Thanks and welcome.

HUGE well done for weigh result. That's excellent. And the trip to the coast yesterday sounds fantastic, including the thunderstorm. I love a good thunderstorm and sounds like it timed it just right!

Hope you have a great weekend.

Thanks. I love a good storm too, although I was glad we got under cover before it started - it was torrential!

Well done on the loss MW!! .. :happy096:

Good idea to change your WI day especially with the outings being on a Friday.
I find just going out anywhere is a big invitation to indulge. Theatre tonight and will have to get some throat sweets to stop me from having fits of coughing but hopefully won't be too many added calories etc.

I keep reminding myself that all those goodies will still be there when I eventually lose all this weight but unfortunately it doesn't often work! .. :rolleyes:

Thanks Em.

Update for Saturday and Sunday.

Very, very lazy weekend with a lot of lazing around and planning what we are going to do with the garden makeover later in the year, and with our vintage caravan/ do we buy a campervan/ new tent dilemma! Finally a decision has been made which I think is the final decision! We probably can't do the garden properly until later in the year when I should get some inheritance money, although we can start the preparation and tidying, but we now have a reasonably good plan for what we want to do! We have also decided to keep Tilly the tiny caravan for now and get her ready again for some trips out. Once the car has been MOT'D later this month, we will look at getting a towbar fitted to the Beetle (expensive as it has to be a removable thingy) so we can trundle off here and there. If we can't afford it this year then we will go away in the tent (may get a new tent if we need it). Then we will start saving to add to what is left after we have done the garden, re-decorated some of the bungalow and paid off the credit cards (yay!). This will be the VW Campervan fund for... whenever we have enough! Food has been very picky with some takeaway food involved too. Have used some weeklies, but not enough that I cannot get to the end of the week on plan. Will update food properly later as I am on kindle and cannot access the tracker from it.

Back