My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 67]

Things are going well, thanks. Recovering from my knee surgery and the weight's staying off, lol. I weighed in at 11st 1lb this morning, so almost half a stone below target. I consider myself to be in maintenance now, but some weeks it creeps down a little bit! Good to have a bit of a buffer for special occasions though. :) xx

Awesome! Must be good being in maintenance :) And yeah, you have a lot of space to treat yourself occasionally that's for sure. Well done!

REV23 said:
Awesome! Must be good being in maintenance :) And yeah, you have a lot of space to treat yourself occasionally that's for sure. Well done!

Thanks, Alex! Hope you're having a great week. :) xx

Kira you're awesome too haha We are all awesome. The awesome Minimins Trio :D

Meanwhile, this week is going good. Been good with food and had some fairly light exercise. Expecting a small loss. Any loss would be great at this point of my journey!

REV23 said:
Kira you're awesome too haha We are all awesome. The awesome Minimins Trio :D

Meanwhile, this week is going good. Been good with food and had some fairly light exercise. Expecting a small loss. Any loss would be great at this point of my journey!

Well said, Alex! I've never beem very good at blowing my own trumpet, but we ARE awesome, aren't we?! :D xx

Wow! Almost weigh in day for you Alex. Yay! It's Friday! I think that you have nailed this weight loss business and maintenance as you have (both of you) have an idea of how much and often you can have certain types of food - in other words foods that make us all gain weight and it ain't veg and salad and fruit! I can see why as a nation we are now following the likes of the US in terms of obesity: there is so much food around, food deals, bigger portions and even the health labelled foods are not as healthy due to sugar content etc.

We have become accustomed to being greedy and our minds and stomachs need to be reset. I just love the way you both have quietly just gone on with it. Like "naturally slim" people I imagine make the right choices of how much to have and when to stop. And you are both now naturally slim. I'm still struggling but I still feel I've achieved something in that I am hovering and still learning but it has been the longest time I have managed to stay under 25 BMI (over a year I started 2 Sep 2012) and whilst I've been up and down 10-12lbs I've just managed to not wander into the over 25 Bmi (well not for long).

I do hope you will keep posting once you hit goal Alex as it really does help me following you and also reading how Tracy is maintaining too.

Indeed, it is an epidemic. It's just the fact that food has become so readily available in the last 20 years as you said. The cheapest food is the most calorific and more likely to cause obesity.

I can't help but recognize the irony of this era compared to the past eras. Of course poorer people in the past used to live hungry and on the bread line. But, the poorer people of this era are subjects to cheaper and therefore fattier diets. People in America often just live off McDonald's, not out of choice, but because it is cheaper than buying from the supermarket. Madness isn't it?

I use this just as an example, people are always going to buy cheaper food. And unfortunately, cheap and processed food is a gateway to obesity these days. That's how I got so overweight. I just went to Sainsbury's, bought a weeks worth of cheap fatty snacks for £5. This is where the problem lies. Obesity is a big issue (no pun intended), I'm just glad I managed to rid myself of it fairly early in my life. It was the best thing I have ever done, and ever will do. By losing weight I closed a dark path to my future and opened up a far brighter one.

Well woops, I kinda just rambled it a bit there but oh well. Anyway yea, I am happy with my relationship to food these days. I don't get greedy but I treat myself once a week and that's enough for me. I can treat myself during the week too if I have enough calories left so it's all good! It's a nice balance that I will live with happily. I think Tracy is on the same boat here. The "Stay fairly strict but treat yourself occasionally diet", the best kind of diet ;)

As for you Kira, you should be proud of yourself no matter what! Luckily, you aren't anywhere near a dangerous weight so I wouldn't worry too hard. I see you in the 9 stones and think, woah that is bloody light hahaha! And yes your BMI is great too so I would be happy just with that knowledge!

Maintaining will be a lifelong fight, I don't want to ever be obese again. So for as long as I am maintaining, I will be here bending your ears. So yeh, minimins for life!

That's absolutely right, Alex! I must admit one thing that struck me when I went to the States was how cheap it was to eat out compared to the price of food in the supermarkets - I'd really struggle if I lived there, that's for sure, lol. It's great to see that you've given the subject so much thought, which is something I've done myself - it's really important to understand the dynamics of the food industry and weight gain in order to conquer it for good! :) xx

You weren't rambling at all - making valid point. I was reflecting as I have two boys. A skinny 18 year old ( he was 18 two days ago) never a chubby child but my ds2 is almost 11 and a chubby boy. I am worried about and I think it's key he learns about food and calorie intake and exercise now. It's striking the balance:

That's absolutely right, Alex! I must admit one thing that struck me when I went to the States was how cheap it was to eat out compared to the price of food in the supermarkets - I'd really struggle if I lived there, that's for sure, lol. It's great to see that you've given the subject so much thought, which is something I've done myself - it's really important to understand the dynamics of the food industry and weight gain in order to conquer it for good! :) xx

Indeed, I'd have a bloody hard time too that's for sure!

And definitely. It certainly helps when you understand more about food and obesity in general. Knowledge is power!

You weren't rambling at all - making valid point. I was reflecting as I have two boys. A skinny 18 year old ( he was 18 two days ago) never a chubby child but my ds2 is almost 11 and a chubby boy. I am worried about and I think it's key he learns about food and calorie intake and exercise now. It's striking the balance:

I bet it is a difficult situation. Though he is still young, many chubby boys end up getting skinny when they start to grow into men. I knew a lot of people who were like that. Lots of kids are chubby at that age. I wouldn't worry about it too much!

My parents tried very hard to warn me about my weight growing up, and I never listened. Big mistake :(

Right I'm gonna go to sleep, weigh-in tomorrow. Water levels have been good so no water weight hopefully.

Probably should have eaten more today, but every Friday I never feel like eating much in anticipation for the weigh-in.

I had some coke, a bowl of cheesy chips and a packet of crisps. Not my greatest day in terms of nutrition haha

Hope its a good weigh in today Alex. Cut out the coke! Wasted calories switch to zero (trying to get my American hubbie to switch and he won't even try zero coke:( then he complains about his fat tummy!)

I love a coca cola, it's my guilty pleasure :p I drink diet pepsi most the time but I fit in a couple of cans of coke here and there during the week. I find coke zero revolting hahaha

I lost 1lb this week. Which is great at this stage, and coming off the back of a big loss last week, another loss is great!

Fab!! 1 lb is a good loss nice whole number! You deserve your guilty pleasure! At least it's coca cola coke and not the other kind of coke! Ha!ha! Sorry I'm such a saddo laughing at my own joke!

Enjoy your weekend! Cricket you have such a small amount to lose now! I bet the extra amount is hardly noticeable on you.

Indeed guys, I was happy with the 1lb :) And yes Kira, good thing it isn't the other kind of coke hahaha

I am weighing myself tomorrow instead of Saturday. It's one of my best friend's birthday tomorrow, and a few of us are going out to eat at a restaurant. So I decided to make the most of the occasion and weigh myself tomorrow morning. The water weight from the meal will only make me heavier on Saturday.

It will probably be a gain, one extra day makes a big difference to me. But so be it, it's a sacrifice I am willing to make! As it is a special occasion.

All I'm gonna do is eat super strict today, and drink plenty of water!

hey you have to live your live and celebrate and enjoy the companies of friends and family and you know how to do that with a good balanced approach! Have a fab time and hopefully you may just have a STS instead of a tinsy loss.

Back