My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 67]

Weigh-in tomorrow. Hoping for at least 1.5lbs lost.

Today wasn't a great day. I had a big BBQ for dinner, and there was a beer festival I attended with my mates later on. I restricted myself to one ale because I was driving anyway, got plenty of water in tonight so I should be okay for water weight.

Scales, give me some love!

0.6lb loss. Not great but still a loss!

Pretty convinced there is a bit of excess water in there after the big BBQ from yesterday. If that's so then I'll just have to get rid of it this week.

Your are still going in the right direction Alex and at the same time you are living and having a life! It's good to enjoy Family friends and BBQ's in this fine weather and still lose weight!

Indeed Kira, a bit of a slow down in weight loss is worth it. Every Summer up until now, I spent locked away in my room playing on my Xbox. Never again. I make the most of every sunny day now!

Still this doesn't mean weight loss isn't still my #1 priority, I will get a big loss this week I know it!

Weigh-in result is 5.4lbs dropped! A pleasant surprise considering last night I had a few beers which would have caused some water weight but nevermind, a great result and I am happy.

I am playing in a football 5-a-side game later with my friends later. Although I am still the least fittest one on the pitch, it's great to be able to do stuff like this it really is.

And as it is cheat day I will treat myself to something very naughty tonight haha

I hope you are all doing well.

Well done, Alex, cracking result! Mine's going quite well at the moment, it's a lot easier in this weather, lol. :) xx

Cheers Tracy glad to see you're doing well.

Brilliant loss! Wow! You are past the half way mark now Alex! Gosh by Christmas you are going to be a different person!

Brilliant loss! Wow! You are past the half way mark now Alex! Gosh by Christmas you are going to be a different person!

If I stick to my goal of 1.5lbs a week I should lose 33lbs by Xmas. So I'd be at least around 15st 7lbs which would be a great weight for me.

I will probably lose at least 41lbs by Xmas though going by my average loss per week which is 1.8lbs. So 14st 13lbs by Xmas would be a good goal.

So 209lbs at Xmas, when my original goal was to be 238 by Xmas. I'm definitely ahead of schedule!

meant also to say to Tracy wow! Only 9.5lbs to go and you will easily do that by your goal date of 30/11/23! Gosh! I think I need to consider proper calories counting rather than messing around guessing!

Kira said:
meant also to say to Tracy wow! Only 9.5lbs to go and you will easily do that by your goal date of 30/11/23! Gosh! I think I need to consider proper calories counting rather than messing around guessing!

Oh thank you, Kira, that's very kind! Yes, I admit I am rather obsessive about counting everything I eat - good old MFP, it's such an improvement over the well-thumbed calorie book I used to use years ago! How far off target are you? I'm on my iPod so can't see profiles the same. :) xx

MyFitnessPal has been crucial to my progress. Without it I'd be rather lost haha

Just thought i would say hi and congratulate you on how well you have done , your diary has been very inspirational.

I down loaded MFP last week and have been tracking my calories as well as following slimming world principles, hoping that useing common sense and basic principles might just have the desired effect x

have a good week xxx

Just thought i would say hi and congratulate you on how well you have done , your diary has been very inspirational.

I down loaded MFP last week and have been tracking my calories as well as following slimming world principles, hoping that useing common sense and basic principles might just have the desired effect x

have a good week xxx

Thank you very much!

Weight loss to me is just a lifestyle change plain and simple. When people ask me how hard it was to lose nearly 5 stone, I just smirk and say "it really hasn't been that hard". Because it is true. I still eat all the junk I used to eat, I just fit it into my calories. For example, today I had a McDonalds 10 nugget, 24 mcbite snackbox which was 780 calories. Later on for dinner I just had chips at the pub and wrote them off as 400-500 calories.

Calorie counting or portion control is the way to go I believe. Because once you are acquainted to knowing your limits, you are set for life. I have no doubt in my mind I will lose the next 5 stone because of the lifestyle I have crafted.

Obviously, exercise has been the deal maker for me. Instead of spending all day playing video games like I used to, I spend all day just being active. By doing that I have gained other assets like new friends which is great!

Anyway I wish you luck with your progress. My only advice is to make it a permanent lifestyle change which will still in be effect after all the weight is loss! Hope you have a good week too!

Hi :) I've been reading through this thread and I just have to say congratulations on your weight loss! It's really inspiring to see someone so motivated and your results are amazing, well done x

Hi :) I've been reading through this thread and I just have to say congratulations on your weight loss! It's really inspiring to see someone so motivated and your results are amazing, well done x

Thank you and it's nice to know I'm fuelling someone's efforts.

Good luck!

Not expecting a loss this week.

My activity has been pretty low for the first time in a while. I have been out and about but more or less it has just been chilling out.

I went on a night out on Thursday night, ate pretty little throughout the day with intentions to binge later on after a few drinks. Got a Doner Kebab and Cheesy Nachos. Ohhhhhh damn. Water weight gain will be incredible as well as a hindrance to fat loss.

Gunna keep it nice and strict on Saturday. Keep water levels high and hope I don't gain.

0.6lb loss, I am happy as it wasn't a great week!

Back