My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 67]

Weigh-in time, and its a 2.2lbs loss! I worked pretty hard this week to keep my diet strict so I feel like I deserved it. So that's 5lbs lost in two weeks, that's the kind of progress I'm gonna need if I'm going to reach this goal!

REV23 said:
Weigh-in time, and its a 2.2lbs loss! I worked pretty hard this week to keep my diet strict so I feel like I deserved it. So that's 5lbs lost in two weeks, that's the kind of progress I'm gonna need if I'm going to reach this goal!

Wow, you're doing really, really well Alex! :) xx

Well done Alex! Another fab week under your belt xxx

Massive well done!

Thanks all, it was a nice loss indeed!

This week has been productive to say the least. On Sunday and Wednesday, I played football for 4+ hours. My legs were in so much agony afterwards which means I probably got a nice calorie burn! I also played football today but only for an hour, still good exercise though. This has been my most active week of 2014 so far.

Also, I haven't had a cigarette since Monday afternoon. I think I'll finally kick the habit. On Sunday I felt so unfit, and I blamed it all on the smoking. So the following day I decided that I've had enough. I really haven't had many cravings so far. I'm trying to keep busy, best thing to do really. I have taken a few hits from my e-cig if I have a bad craving, but even then I haven't used it very much at all. Tomorrow night will be a big test as I am going to the pub with my friends, some of which are smokers. I am very confident I can resist the urge.

Plus my calories this week have been under 1500 each day, so everything is going swell :D

Well done, Alex, I really hope you can kick the evil weed habit into touch!! :) xx

Hehe me too. The real test will be the weekend, if I make it I think I am home free!

yay! You are doing amazingly! Sounds like you have had a fantastic week and so proud of you for cutting out the bladder cancer sticks!!!

Weigh-in time! Odd result, I gained 0.8lbs! So in a week where I exercised A LOT, and kept my calories pretty damn low, I gain weight! Oh, the mysteries of weight loss haha

I think it is just one of those odd results. I went out yesterday and I felt great. People were commenting on my progress and I feel even better in general.

Maybe I gained weight as a side-effect of quitting the smokes? Who knows, but I still think this was a very productive week despite a small gain!

REV23 said:
Weigh-in time! Odd result, I gained 0.8lbs! So in a week where I exercised A LOT, and kept my calories pretty damn low, I gain weight! Oh, the mysteries of weight loss haha

I think it is just one of those odd results. I went out yesterday and I felt great. People were commenting on my progress and I feel even better in general.

Maybe I gained weight as a side-effect of quitting the smokes? Who knows, but I still think this was a very productive week despite a small gain!

It could be the exercise - it does tend to make the scales go up if you do a fair amount. :) xx

I doubt it's fat weight gain probably water so a STS as body is fighting to keep hold of fat. Great week for you and bet next week will see a loss.

Yea I agree, definitely not a fat gain. I do generally feel better, and thinner this week. It's an odd weigh-in but I feel just as good as a loss so it's all good! 0.8lb isn't a big deal anyway :p Maybe I somehow gained muscle from the exercise, maybe the non-smoking messed me up somehow! Who knows haha

Yeah I'm feeling good for this week, thanks!

I played 5 hours of football today, awesome exercise. Body is in pain though! I felt much fitter today, amazing how 6 days of no smokes makes such a difference. I felt awful last Sunday fitness-wise, but today I felt fantastic. A great incentive for the current non-smoking effort.

Also, something odd. Yesterday I had a KFC quite late (cheat day), didn't drink any water. Now KFC is very salty of course. I weighed myself today after football out of curiosity, and I was 216lbs exactly. So 0.8lb less than yesterday's weigh-in. Now considering I just had a bath and was still quite wet, plus it was at 8 PM, that's interesting.

I guess I didn't gain weight this week after all, but I won't change the result. Just means I should get an awesome loss for next week haha

Morning Alex, so glad you are enjoying the exercise and a smokeless free zone! Interesting on the scale fluctuation. I know that it can also change by at least a couple of pounds when weighing in the every and comparing it to a morning weigh so any changes as we now know are not fat weight changes all the time. Have another great week and here's to a good loss at the end of this week!

By the way i am experimenting with not weigh in.....yup! Ditching the daily weighs as well as official weekly ones and using my current pair of jeans to gauge losses and a smaller pair of jeans to see how less tight they feel each week I try them on! A first for me! The is simply to see how may on plan days I get get under my belt until I am in my safe weight zone again.

That's a good way to measure it! Personally I think I'll always keep the weekly weigh-in, just because I've logged every single weigh-in since I started haha I like to look at the spreadsheet of all my weigh-ins.

Good luck with it, and hope you have a good week too!

Hey all, just a casual mid-week update.

Still haven't had a cigarette since last Monday afternoon. So including today it has now been 11 days. I am pretty certain I have kicked it now. I've been around smokers quite a lot, I've been offered the usual "Hey mate, wanna go have a fag?" a couple of times from friends (who didn't know I was quitting of course haha). I declined confidently and didn't have an urge to smoke. The feeling comes and goes really. Right now, I would love a cigarette. Just in general.

It's the same feeling as "I'd love a tub of Ben and Jerry's" though. I think the resilience this weight loss mindset has given me to food cravings has helped a lot with cigarette cravings. I am still using the e-cig, but only very, very little. I am probably having around 6-10 puffs of it per day. Now in terms of nicotine, that equals around one cigarette. So I am using it very moderately, will stop using it soon though.

Yea, this is accidentally becoming a non-smoking thread haha! To the weight loss then. It's been a good week... in a way. My foot and right quadriceps are completely busted. Now as much as it hurts, it is the result of doing a LOT of exercise. Been playing lots of football. Played four times this week with my friends, but now I am injured to the point where I won't be able to do anymore. I played earlier, despite being injured, and I couldn't sprint or really kick the ball properly. Very painful. Time for a few days rest.

Diet-wise, all good. Stayed around 1300-1700 all week. Now if I don't lose weight this week, I will be quite angry. I think I've deserved at least a 2 lb loss after all this exercise. Sorry for the long post, got a bit carried away!

That's fantastic about the smoking, Alex, keep it up! :) xx

Thanks Tracy. I feel the fitness and financial benefits in full force right now! Glad I gave up :)

Back