My Atkins Diary.... here we go!

Do you live with the family Kissie?

Hi Jim

Yes, I travel with the family. In Miami I live away from them.. but spend most of the day and early evening there. Once I started at the gym with my trainer I was out of there at 4.30pm!! hehe.. which was BLISS!.. In Spain and the DR I live in the same property/complex so it's not easy to get my own time.. hence my difficulties following this diet when we are in a home where i have no control over meal times and what is served. I would just take the protein (and hope it's not covered in sauce).. they live quite a bland lifestyle.. hence the size 0's! ha..

Lisa!:... I found my second wind! hurrah... The kids worked with me through their pythagorus theorem, the girls through their Spanish Armada projects.. then we had a guest arrive into school ..(a 13 year old friend).. she helped me with the class and the baby.. and then we did some Media Studies (Audrey Hepburn).. I had the baby through lunch and until 3pm.. the kids came back and did their online maths programme while I worked with the baby.. he's a sweetheart.. I left at 3.50pm and went to the GYM!

I saw my trainer.. he was SO happy to see me and very concerned that I was limping into the gym.. holding onto the walls.. he sat with me for over an hour and helped me with some rehab and upper body work.. Gosh I love this man.. and he didn't charge me..
So.. it's almost 8pm.. I'm showered, had a meatball soup (a few teaspoons of Au Jus very low carb gravy powder.. beef stock.. some chopped greens and 6 huge pure meat meatballs.. ).. I've eaten ONE.. so I have breakfast for tomorrow!..

I've taken TWO sleeping pills and I'm about to crash.. I have my alarm set at 6am and I'll be in the gym taking it easy at 6.30 - 8!!..

Morning Kizzie, it sounds to me that you have a very full and busy life love

What a start your trainer is! Its great to have someone who will work with your joint problems rather than pushing you to do what they want. Have a good day.

Very full indeed Jim! no rest for the wicked eh?

Lisa, My trainer is a Godsend. I swear I get more freebies out of him than sessions I pay for. I have him officially 3 hours a week (mon-wed-fri).. but because I'm in there in the morning (leaving here in 10 mins) and 3 other evenings a week, he always finds me to help me work on something... he's been helping me a lot with rehab, building up my thigh muscles because he knows how desperate I am to lose weight. He's my motivation.. I have someone else I have to keep on track for.. otherwise it makes him look bad! hehe..

got to move my fat arse to the gym now.. *waves as she waddles and hobbles to the car!

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a personal trainer (although I now have Jillian on screen lol) - hope yours sorts out your aches and pains xx

I love mine.. he is seriously.. such a sweetheart. I'm actually using my savings on him! It was either buy a nice new car for bombing around Florida.. OR train... I chose training... and leased a car instead!.. Money well spent I say... I can see my body changing.. but I'm not losing weight as such. I wish I had measured myself at the beginning. My trainer works me hard. I'm usually sweating like a pig in the first five mins.. but he doesn't chastise me for not losing weight.. or having the odd glass of wine etc.. his comments would be 'well, with the life you live.. you certainly deserve a few glasses of wine.. now get on the floor and give me 20 crunches'.. ha..

I'm more than happy to share some of my exercises though.. i do a lot of stretching.. and resistance training with him.. and of course strengthening of my thigh muscles to help with my knees..

Let me know and I'll post some of my workouts!.

Morning Kizzie, your trainer sounds a real Gem love

Evening Kizzie :D
Your trainer sounds great!

Happy Weekend ALL ! :)

Training was good last night. I did a lot of upper body and abdominal work and some rehab on my knees.

Went out for dinner and had amazing fondu (they make it infront of you in the pot).. white wine -alcohol burnt off.. four different cheeses, bacon truffle oil and a sprinkle of chives... to dio.. broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms.. (usual breads apples etC).. I was fairly good!!!.. Then came the second course the seafood, steak and duck fondu.. (shrimp, lobster tails, duck, sirloin, filet mignon, chicken).. YUM..

and dessert was a white chocolate creme brulee fondu.. I LOVED THE SMELL!.. but didn't tuck in... drove home ready for a food coma though!..

Not weighing in this week. Want to surprise myself next week

Oh! QUESTION:.. I bought Ketostix, the 3rd day on Atkins this week they started to show some change in colour (40).. the very next day, i tested twice and NO KETONES at all.. VERY ODD as I know I'd eaten hardly anything in carbs!..

Still not enjoying the Mims by the way.. I think I"m making them wrong. I end up with a big hard bouncy lump when mine is cooked..

Morning Kizzie, that fondue might have been a problem if you are a cheese staller like me love

Crikey, you could have a point there Jim. I didn't think about the cheese being a problem. I'm really going to have to start counting those cheese carbs. Thank you for the reminder. I need to get my Kindle out again and keep reading the Atkins book. I haven't been back in Ketosis since. and haven't lost anything.
Will keep a really good eye on the carbs today.

thank you again.

Hi Kizzie, yum to the dinner out - sounds divine :D

Morning Kizzie, yes it's a shame if you cheese phobic atkins. Even now if I eat too much cheese I can easily gain

Q: Jim. Would any amount if cheese have stalled you? I naturally tend to only eat about 2oz a day - half the allowance. Do you think you'd have lost with that or did eating cheese lead to more cravings or...?

My problem with cheese was always about quantity Rose, and even the legal amount seemed to kick me out of ketosis

thanks Jim. I"ll keep an eye on it! I"m also watching out for hidden carbs and making sure I don't buy sausage meat that's not 100%. I found out that some meatballs I'd bought from the butcher here-supposedly 100% meat actually had some sugar in their flavouring. It wasn't mentioned on the ingredients.. but I asked out of interest tonight.. bugger! could easily have been those. I ate a bunch of them.

I really hope it's not cheese. I love mozarella cheese sticks! as a snack and Boursin with celery sticks.. anyhoo.. I'll keep a track and see how it goes.

So.. my wonderful trainer is sadly leaving me! ... I'm devastated! ... BUT.. there is a sunny side! He has told me he will continue to train me for FREE for 2 months.. 3 nights a week at his new place.. (it's not a gym.. but a fitness suite for professional athletes!) and after that he'll only charge me a basic flat rate (half of what I pay at my gym for him!!).. So, rather than be humiliated by some really GORGEOUS American sportsmen watching me sweat with a 5pound weight (hehe).. I"m moving gyms.. and he has said he would be more than happy to train me at my new gym -where he knows a bunch of people.

Really. this guy is a GOD SEND! He's a guardian angel ... I"ve been blessed!

Back