My Atkins Diary.... here we go!

Morning kizzie, yes love that's the problem with processed foods, you don't know what they've done to them. Sounds god with your trainer :)

Hi Kizzie. Sounds like a positive outcome with your trainer :)

Very pleased!! :)

I'm having an issue right now. I think I'm in ketosis (keto stix are dark pink).. anyway.. my tongue is sore! I'm not sure if it's related or not.. but it's sore and slightly swollen. I'm wondering if I'm deficient in a vitamin? I'm drinking enough fluids so I'm not dehydrated...

anyone else had this happen? (tongue is also tingly especially the tip)

I went out for lunch with the kids and family today.. I am SO proud of myself. I watched everyone tuck into the incredible freshly baked breads and butter.. then they had burgers, fries, fried chicken, asian salads (with sticky sesame. honey sauce).. fetuccini carbonara... and what did I have?.

I ordered.. a huge glass of iced water- to which I added my own Crystal Light pink lemonade flavouring!.. (really can't stomach cold water -tastes too metallic!)... and I had an omelette with spinach, bacon, Jack cheese and finely diced onions. with a garden salad... I only ate half of it.. !! I was so full!..

THEN.. We went to the movies.. to see Rango.. (bloody great film by the way!)... the kids didn't want anything to eat. .. but the popcorn smell was driving me crazy.. so I went to the counter.. and ordered a diet coke (i didn't drink it!!).. and a huge coffee with cream and splenda.. that was it! Really! you have no idea the willpower to avoid the popcorn and butter topping!. I DID IT! hurrah!..

Breakfast: mini pepperonis and two mozarella sticks
Lunch: *cheese, spinach. bacon, onion omelette and garden salad
Dinner: orange cauliflower with cheese mashed into it.. a pad of butter and some cream
Snack: half an avocado filled with a spoonful of Boursin cheese.
Dessert: one small SF Jello pot with a spoon of whipped cream
Water: 2 liters (with crystal light)
Exercise: 1 hour at the gym with trainer and 1 hour by myself. walking around the mall!

Haven't weighed myself.. trying not to for a week (weigh in on Sunday)

GAVE UP CARBS FOR LENT hehe.. a little more motivation to stick to it!.. My birthday is Easter weekend.. so I have a wonderful target!!!

Well done on resisting! Are the ready made jelly pots sugar free? I looked the other day as wanted something instant and they said no added sugar but didn't say sugar free like the packets do. I didn't risk it as the label was too small to try reading it in the supermarket lol

Morning Kizzie, sounds a nice day out and well done on resisting :)

Hi Lisa! Yes the pots are totally sugar free.. and a godsend! I have heaps of them!

We are flying back to the Dominican Republic today for TWO weeks.. so I'm taking a heap of sugar free packets with me, some atkins shakes, a bag of Flaxmeal! and even some of my meats.. I WILL be prepared this time! no excuses!

It was a lovely day out Jim. The rest of the country here has had/or having Spring break (half term) so I thought bugger it.. let's go and hang out at the mall and go to the movies.. the kids deserve it!..

Still super proud of myself. It's a great feeling that moment you wake up and realise you're still on track!

Still on track!.. Starting again for LENT really has helped me. My trainer has gone 'no carbs and coffee' for LENT so he's supporting me..

I made a Mim yesterday .. died and went to heaven. I've made a savoury one before but didn't get the baking powder quantities right.. so ended up with a brick!.. but yesterday I made the cinnamon one..

Oh holy cow!.. THAT will sure help stop my cupcake cravings!

Day Four.. and feeling great.. (headache from hell though-I expect it's that flu thing)

Morning Kizzie :)

Day Four.. and feeling great.. (headache from hell though-I expect it's that flu thing)

Congratulations on your headache:eek:
No seriously - hope you are over that and well on your way
xxx

Thanks Katie! What a sweetheart you are...headache has gone... I"m on DAY FIVE !!!!
this is a FIRST for me.. I've started induction multiple times these past 5 weeks.. and have only gotten to day 3 or 4.. I've gotten to day FIVE! hurrah... I still haven't weighed myself but I am in Ketosis... so hoping those scales make me happy this weekend!

Morning Kizzie,congrats on reaching day 5 then

Caved and weighed myself... .lost 4 pounds in just under two weeks.. NOT impressed..I was So hopeful...

I'm going to do induction again WITHOUT CHEESE!.. I think it must stall me Jim.. (although when I did it last year.. I lost 18 pounds on induction.. go figure :(( )./..... keep at it.. LENT still has a long way to go to!.

Have a great week alL!

Hi Kizzie, 4lbs is a loss love, better than nothing

Keep it up Kizzie. Well done on the 4 lb loss :)

totally fell off the wagon.. have spent the last two weeks going carbs crazy... and gaining 8 pounds. Not bad considering the amount of carbs I've consumed.. so can't beat myself up about it now.. I've done the bad stuff the past two weeks... I figured I needed to deal with a flurry of unexpected personal stresses and not chastise myself about falling off of my low carb plan... things are getting slowly better.. so I' can try to focus again. here we go again!

Wow, thanks Joanne... I wasn't even sure if I should check in and see if I had any replies.. worried about chastisement! lol... but you're message is great.. thanks... Dieting is a lot more than just following a plan... that parts simple.. it's the mental demons that I've come to live with over the past 15 years that are hard to ignore.....

getting back on again..... thanks again ;)

Back