My Atkins journey from 12st to 10st 7

I think we are all like that in the end More, the time comes when the chicks must leave the nest darling.

No I agree. when I have kids it'll be the same.

Well sadly my children have left home at 11 lol....

Seriously they are at boarding schools for talented children, which they had to audition for....My eldest is at the Royal ballet school and the youngest is at another dance school, I would love to have them home but they have chosen their path in life already...

It makes our time together so special and if they need to move back home one day, I don't have a problem with that...I miss them so much.....

However I left home myself at 16 and was attracted to bright lights of London, which I absolutely loved...Jx

Wow Jane you should be proud. Your kids are very mature and it's good that you are a supportive mother. Jane you're in London or you were in London? Because I'll be there next weekend I was going to say let's meet up for a drink or something..

God Jane that would kill me not having my babies at home. You are very brave. My eldest 2 are 8 and I cn't imagine them moving out in 3 years. However by 16 I am sure I will be ready haha

xx

I went to boarding school at 7, so did my pair, you have to do it if you're in the Forces or end up changing schools every 2 years which is not good.

Hey More, yes I am very proud....I no longer live in London unfortunately, have been around since then...lol...I am in the Midlands now...not out of choice...long story...

Hey Emma, it isn't a case of being brave....my children chose this path and I have to, as a parent be behind them all the way and support them as much as I can...it is tough I miss them so much....does get me down sometimes, but I just have to think that they are living their dream!!!

Jane you are a great mom.. I can immagine how hard it is..

LOL @ Emma i know my mom wished she could of sent us off when we were 15 and 16 yrs. old

Good on you hun x

Morning! how are we all today?

Hi! Cant believe I have been away so long! I have not been doing well, fell off the wagon and every day there sems to be a reason to "cheat". At the mo, my hair which is v thin due to genetics now has v noticeable bald spots which is causing me concern.

The plan is though to try and get back on track within the next week. Does anyone know of a low carb plan that is more liberal than Atkins but still works?

Well there is Neris & India pig to twig, or low GI etc. I'd google it and see what you get.

Hi and welcome back. :)

welcome back cc and you'll get there.. we all have fell off but we came back so if we can do it so can you.. maybe you want to do it gradually. If going into atkins hardcore will cause you to binge then I'd suggest a more liberal plan like you wanted.. keep us posted

Check the low carb forum for more liberal plans! I am trying to save it lol.

Neris and India might work for you. It does allow more non-Atkins food and is way less strict. However this might mean slower weight loss and losses on Atkins tend to be slower anyway after the first month or two.

Good luck with whichever approach you now choose. The trick is to never give up!

Back