My Countdown - 20 Weeks to go!

It's def slower this time around!

cornishkez said:
It's def slower this time around!

This is going to sound really selfish but I'm glad it's not just me that's having smaller losses after the first time. I think the diet makes us incredibly impatient, especially if we've had good successes in the past.

Doesn't sound selfish at all!

I am so hungry today, I'm a litre and a half down, plus 1 large coffee and some porridge. Do you think it's wishful thinking that I'm hungrier because my metabolism is working harder? I'm freezing as well and I'm sure I'm suffering from poor circulation.

Have just accepted an invitation to parent in laws for roast, but declined the meal. That's going to be a mission, think I'll be saving a bar for then!

It is sooo cold and got no heating till tonight :,(

I'm cold too got heating on full blast, I'm playing guitar hero on the xbox (seeing as it's the only game I have that doesn't involve jumping around) but my hands are freezing, making it harder.

Me, too -- selfish, but glad I'm not the only one having slooooooowwwww loooosssssssesssss... and I am freakin' freezin'... I have trouble getting the water in when I am this cold. I am chugging coffee as if I was a NYC cop (and without the doughnut, mind you).

MM

Well kez, I'm one pound up today!!! How I can gain a pound after having 415 kcals I don't know!! Not looking at scales till weigh in on Monday now!! Huff, strop, stamp!!! Xx

Lol! Me too....well 1.1lb to be exact. I just don't understand it? I've decided I am going to go to weigh in on Monday and see what the scales say and then from Monday I am starting swimming in the morning before work.

My friend has offered to do my horses for me in the morning, so I can just go straight to the pool. So no excuses, just need to get myself out of the bed and into the car and then I'm half way there.

22 weeks till the wedding on Sunday and there is a serious amount of work to be done. I'm so dissapointed with myself for leaving it potentially too late.

85 hours til my weigh in monday 9.30am.

528 days to your wedding, 12,672 hours aprox.

22 weeks till the wedding on Sunday and there is a serious amount of work to be done. I'm so dissapointed with myself for leaving it potentially too late.

Hi Kez --

22 weeks is still quite some time. And your dress looks very "forgiving". I am sure that you can and will do this.

I wish we lived closer -- I'd come and try your dress on for you. I am 5'4" and currently weigh 159 pounds. I am between a US size 12 and 10 on the bottom and (because I am small busted -- 36B/C) a US10 on top.

I do have broad shoulders so I wear a small sleeveless tank, but a medium cardi on top.

As your dress is strapless and laces up the back -- and the measurements make it a US 12/14... I could wear your dress now and it would not be tight.

I think that to reach your stated goal you'd need to lose about 5 pounds a week, but in reality if you average 3... I think you will be able to wear that dress and look amazing in it with no problems.

So, keep at it.

BTW -- I work hard to not weigh myself until first thing Sunday morning in my knickers after a wee and before any water or coffee! If I keep getting on and off the scale all week -- it does my head in.

MinnieMel

Last edited:
Well this evening is hell at home, forget CD being my enemy. Scott is the worst person to be around at the minute. Like I've got issues with food, he's got issues with alcohol and is a binger.

Once he starts drinking he has no control and drinks till he's passed out. Properly passed out, the amount of times I've thought I'm going to have to call an ambulance. I just have to sit and watch him, listening to his breathing to make sure he is.

Anyway, he went T'total about 2 years ago and it was a hard battle but he managed it with the very very occasional slip up. Then around November he started to drink again, just 4 cans once a month, which then turned into once a fortnight, which then turned into once a week. Which I was handling ok, at the end of the day I dont want him to never drink again, I just want him to learn some controls over it.

Then at christmas he got carried away and went on a bender, his mates had to carry him to the car and I then had to carry him into the house and sit watching him while he puked while he was completely comatosed. So I said enough was enough and said he had to quit the drink until his birthday in march at least. Well he could barely bring himself to speak to me for the week or so following, it was awful. To the point where I actually considered calling the wedding off.

He's been fine for a couple of weeks, but tonight because it is friday and the end of the week and he wants a drink, he's now in the foulest mood.

Do he really think not eating is a barrel of laughs!

Honestly, when he is like this I sit here and think to myself. Do I want this for the rest of my life? Do i want to spend the rest of my life keeping him on a leash, what about when we have kids, will I be able to reply on him?

Then other days I think to myself, it could be worse. He likes a drink, that all. He doesn't get nasty, he doesn't get violent. There are plenty of worse people I could be with.

My horses are kept on my friends yard and she lives in static caravans there, she has a spare static and I know I could move in there tomorrow. For a minimal rent, I would be able to afford to live there with my dogs and horses.

We've been together 7 years and other than the drink, he's a good bloke. Pays the bills, works hard and is good to me. Even if he is the most unromantic, unemotional person I've ever met in my life! lol

Oh kez big hugs hun xxx

Just had an email from my Mum, she emigrated to Canada nearly two years ago and they have been fighting tooth and nail to be able to stay. But they've just had more bad news from the high commission, one of her husbands (stepdads) children has failed their medical.

They had to go through the courts to get a court order issued to have the medicals done as the mother of the children refused, being bitter that the relationship failed. So it will mean going to the courts again, to reapply for an order, then another very long wait for the results. All taking a very long time and costing an awful lot of money.

Kez --

This is going to sound terribly busy body, but I have walked (make that quaked) in your shoes:

PLEASE GET OUT.

I am the child of an alcoholic who married an alcoholic. I loved him dearly, always will -- but, I had to get out.

He quit. He quit again... he was always so sorry... was never going to do it again, etc. I could tell you tales -- but you know them well.

I realized that if I stayed -- I would always be waiting, stressing, ever watchful of when he would fall back off the wagon. I would never have children if I was with him, because I never put a child through what I experienced growing up. I would always be the caretaker, and he would not be capable of nourishing me.

I divorced him -- most people were not very supportive. I was selfish b#tch, etc. I remarried about three years after we separated (about 9 months after the divorce was finalized). He remarried about 6 months later. The last I heard they both drank and drank a lot.

I have been married to my DH for 24 years. We have two beautiful children (a boy 19 and a girl who will be 12 next month). He promised me before we married that he would never have more than two drinks at any time. And, other than one or two "permission granted" events - he has kept his word. (Like a ball where we both had a "welcome drink", wine with dinner and later a cocktail.)

I have never had to live in fear of his being in a alcohol related accident, being too hungover to function, losing his job because of his conduct, making an A$% out of himself at some event, being abusive and/or belligerant, spending money unwisely, being unfaithful (and people have poor judgement when intoxicated), etc.

Our 19 year old son has never abused alcohol and often avoids gatherings that are focused around drinking. Modelling is the most effective method of teaching and through our modelling of reponsible alcohol consumption, we have teenager boy who makes wise choices! What a blessing that is!

I know it is hard to think of all the "time and energy" you have invested in this relationship -- but there comes a time to cut your losses. This is no way to live.

I am so grateful that my aunt (who got divorced after 36 years of marriage) was very supportive of me when I told her that I was thinking of getting divorced. She said, "I knew my marriage was a mistake very early on and should have left 36 years earlier. Do not waste another moment: life is too precious and time is fleeting."

In order to get my divorced, I gave up a lot financially -- but I always said and still believe that, "I got the only thing of value out of that relationship... ME!"

It was hard, it was painful, it was sad... it was necessary.

MinnieMel

I won't deny that that is hard to read and to think of myself in that scenario, but I understand where you are coming from and I think the decision you made was absolutely the right thing to do. I'm going to have a bit of a heart to heart with my dad tomorrow, we're going to spend a very rare afternoon together.

Good Luck, Kez.

I am glad that you have your father near you and can talk things over with him.

I hope I did not offend you in anyway. But, when I read your post I felt that it was like listening to myself 25 years ago.

And, as I said: I thank God every day that my aunt supported -- no encouraged -- me to Get Out of that situation."

Please consider going to an Ala-non meeting. It is a confidential support group.

What is Al-Anon?

Al-Anon Family Groups Meetings

Unless otherwise stated, Al-Anon meetings are held every week. Most meetings last for one and a half hours - variations are shown in the group's notes. You are welcome to attend if you have been - or still are - affected by someone else’s drinking.
Contacts are available for each meeting, if you wish to speak to someone prior to attending a meeting, please call 020 7403 0888 for details.
All meetings are by tradition, 'closed', that is, attended only by family and friends whose lives have been affected by the alcoholic's behaviour. 'Open' meetings are offered by some groups who welcome professionals and others interested in learning how meetings can provide help and support to their clients. We ask visitors to respect the traditions of confidentiality and anonymity.

Camborne

Tuesday 19:30
Location: St Martin & St Meriadoc, Camborne Parish Church, , Church Road, Camborne, Cornwall, TR14 7DF England

valid.gif
Disabled access

Notes: Western end of Camborne town centre, opposite Aldi's car park. Hall door at back of church

Falmouth

Friday 19:30
Location: Age Concern Centre., Killigrew Street, Falmouth, Cornwall, TR11 3PX England

valid.gif
Disabled access

Notes: The Alcoholics Anonymous meeting in the same venue will welcome Al-Anon members on those days. Corner of Draceana Avenue & Killigrew St. The meeting is also held on BANK HOLIDAYS.

Helston Sunday

Sunday 19:30
Location: St Michael's Church, Andrews Hall,, Church Hill., Helston, Cornwall, TR13 8NJ England

Liskeard

Saturday 19:30
Location: Morley Tamblyn, Lodge Hill, Liskeard, Liskeard, Cornwall, PL14 4EN England

valid.gif
Disabled access

Notes: Please call 020 7403 0888 for the name of a member of the group who will provide the address and directions to the venue.

Millbrook

Wednesday 19:30
Location: Millbrook Village Hall, The Parade, Millbrook, Cornwall, PL10 1AY England

valid.gif
Disabled access

Notes: Meeting lasts an hour. Meeting is fortnightly eg meets on Wed 13th, 27th Oct, 10th, 24th November, 8th, 22nd December 2010, 5th, 19th January 2011

Penzance Thursday

Thursday 19:30
Location: Richmond House, Tolver Road, Penzance, Cornwall, TR18 2AB England

valid.gif
Disabled access

Notes: Next to Richmond Church, large iron gates by the No Entry sign, gravel drive, come through conservatory. Meeting is also held on BANK HOLIDAYS

Redruth Wednesday

Wednesday 12:30
Location: St Andrews Church, Clinton Road, Redruth, Cornwall, TR15 2LL England

valid.gif
Disabled access

Notes: Meeting runs 12.30 to 1.30 pm. Opposite Library. Meeting is not held on bank holidays.

Truro Mon

Monday 19:30
Location: Truro Baptist Church, Chapel Hill, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 3BN England

valid.gif
Disabled access

Notes: NB The building is currently undergoing refurbishment and has no disabled access. Please call 020 7403 0888 and they will give you a number that you can call to arrange access to the venue. Meetings are also held on most Bank Holidays but not on Easter Monday.

Hey kez,

Big big hugs!! Seems like your battling a few probs at the moment! I'm always wishing how I want a man and family an don't actually realise how lucky I am to just have to look after me and my dog!!

We all have addictions, ours is food! Only you know how you feel and how u want your life to be. Taking some time out to have a good think is always good!

Always here for you,

Kim x x

How're you feeling this morning hun? It's hard enough dieting without having all of that to deal with too. Like Kim said always here for you chick xx

Back