My Countdown - 20 Weeks to go!

Ice is always good Kez, ice and elevation. Put an ice pack on for 20 mins then take it off for 20. Wrap it in a tea towel so you don't get frost bite. I'm still icing my leg 13 weeks later. I really hope you haven't done anything to serious. Try the stretching even if it is a bit painful at first. Hope it gets better soon. X

PS I've bought a new notebook for 100 Days because I don't think I'll fit 100 days into my Beck notebook lol. I'm doing the last 3 days of Beck, while sitting with my leg in the air with an ice pack on it ;)

I've done day 1, felt a bit of a tit but I spoke it out loud too lol. Bring on Day 2. How's your leg feeling now? I really hope it's nothing serious hun, wouldn't wish what I've been through on anyone :(

I went to see my physio friend, she said my left leg has a grade 1 calf sprain and my right it's a grade 2 calf sprain. The bruising is starting to come out in my foot now and you can see the weird bulges in the muscle... Lol. Nowhere near as bad as what you had though, I can hobble and drive etc. The longer I stand up the freer it gets, but as soon as I have sat down, even if it's for a second, when I get back up it's cramped tight and I can't move again. At least if it was just the one side I could hop. Still the left side is just sore, so should be loads better in a couple more days.

I need to start listening to my body and realise that being overweight for so long has taken a big toll. In my head I'm still the 15 year old gymnast and judo pro! Super flexibility and strength! But my body is trying to remind me that I most definitely am not :(

I got a new notebook too and wrote all the things out in pretty colours. Day 2 looks good but won't comment till tomorrow!

Oh no, poor you :( take anti-inflammatories and rest and ice as much as you can!! Xxx

Deep freeze spray is quite good for when you need a quick burst!

Surfhunny said:
FFS people are horrible!!! We had a massive discussion about this very thing in the staffroom yesterday lunch time. It's surprising how people think. What sparked out debate was the imminent return of Tactless Tessie :( it seems she's been picking on everyones food choices, not just my "crazy diet". What Lou said is how come you can't just eat a salad when you want one without people jumping to the conclusion that you're on some kind of diet? Lou is thin and doesn't need to diet but I guess even thin people get accused of dieting lol, at least they do where I work. I'm dreading TTs return lol she's mental!

You all just need to ignore her and not react to her food reports.

No food reports so far today, maybe my glare yesterday worked. Just about to nip out and get some sun, it's gorgeous! Might pop up and see the horses quickly.

Afternoon,

I have started at 18st 11 too! I hope I lose the same as you have so far - what an inspiration :)

Good luck for your 20 weeks - I too am hoping to lose for 18th July.

about 14 weeks from start.

It's SOOOO hard but nothing you want in life will be easy so I am determined to do this and hopefully the noticeable weight loss will be enough to spur me on to keep going.

Day 3 today and I am hoping I can keep it up for the whole week! :)

I've just started a new diary in SW. Signed up for a 12 week countdown! Time to leave CD behind :(

Oh really well fair play too you... I will be joining you over there with lots of others at the end of the month.

Did u join today chick ?

Yes, spur of the moment went to my local class and bought a 12 week countdown, seeing as it's 16 weeks till my holiday to see mum in Canada.

Bout time I got serious and took action one way or another. :(

And I bet you will loose some serious amount of weight on that diet...

Which plan u following ?

I'm going to do EE plan a lady over on the sw board sent me a few emails bless her.

Whats this countdown thing u doing ?

Well done for taking the plunge and ever more well done for making the 12 week commitment!!! I used to do them when I did SW, it was the only way I would keep going!! Food luck with it all Hun, I'm sure you'll do fab, you always do when you set your mind to it. I'll try find you sw diary! Xx

You can buy a block or 6 weeks and only pay for 5, or buy 12 and pay for 10. But they call it a countdown.

I'm going to try EE, but I think I am going to need to do lots of planning to sort out the meals. I'm a green girl, but they reckon the losses are better on EE so it's worth a try!

Gotta say I'm not feeling motivated, but thats no excuse, is it? Want to go to the gym, my calf is feeling much better, but I'm terrified I'm going to hurt it again. I dont see the point in going and walking sedately on the treadmill, but I guess I'll need to start off lightly to make sure its all good again?

Yes I know exactly how you feel I was terrified of running again but I did a little bit, and am building up very slowly. Listen to your body and you'll be okay. I started with brisk walking on an incline then once muscles are nice and warm break out into a little trot. I'm up to full speed now just need to get my stamina back again :eek: good luck x

Oh really the countdown sounds very motivating ladies.. I will visit your diary and nose at your EE foods.

I was surprise that them sw ppl over on that board are actually helpful in a way..LOL

You will be fine kez.. Good luck x

Yeah I've not had good experiences on other boards, hence why I've stayed on the CD one, but I'll give them a chance.

I want to do CD again!

Back