My Diary, by Coughdrops

Hi Niamh, just checking in how are you getting on? I had a disaster of a weekend will be lucky for STS on Wednesday. Thank god kids back to school today hopefully I can get back to some kind of routine now!

Thanks for the posts!

Ah I am in foul humour this week. I don't think I mentioned before that I've Multiple Sclerosis? I've had it a few years now, and most of the time I am ok. I've symptoms, but they're all manageable most days. I'm v lucky in that I am mobile and able to do anything I really want to.

Having a flare up at the moment though, so I am not doing v well with anything. Not sleeping right, yet I am knackered, off my food yet eating rubbish, and have a stupid sore leg that is dragging behind me.

So I am super cranky! I am keeping to plan best I can, but I just want to lie in a ball and sleep. I might not be about much for next few days :mad: Trust me, you're safer if I am not.

My husband is a SAINT... I should have got him canonised yesterday.

Awww Niamh, sorry your not well hun :(, hope you get some good rest and are feeling better soon. Don't put any pressure on yourself about the weightloss, it will come off in time, just work on getting back to feeling fit and healthy, we will always be here to support you hun. Miss ya ! :)

Hugs Kay xx

:bighug:

This is where it ends... or starts... depending on your perspective :)

I've not been on much this last week, due to the bad flare up of Multiple Sclerosis symptoms that have left me knocked for six. Starting to feel a bit on the mend again, although don't want to push it too far because experience has taught me not to do too much too soon. But I've gone from lying in a ball on my couch on Monday to actually cooking tonight's dinner, so that's a marked improvement.

I'm not weighing in today. I am either going to leave it to Saturday or go another week til next Wednesday. Reason being, I feel like sh*t. I don't fancy having a gain to add to that. And I am 100% certain I've had a gain, although I've been off my grub (shocker!) anything I've managed to eat since I've been sick has been junky at best.

But I am back on track today. I've worked too hard to lie in a heap and gorge my way back up to 16 stone. I am going to be unwell for the next while- the summer is my worst time of year- but food optimising is not going to make me worse, is it?! If anything, it'll make me feel better. So, on my good days I will make big meals that I can carry over to my not-so-good days.

Today is an EE day. Tomorrow will be Red. By Saturday, if I am feeling better, I will hopefully face the scales and see a STS from last week.
This is the end of my MS moaning too. Normal service of food moaning will start again from tomorrow :)

Oh Niamh!
I didn't know you were a poorly girl :-(
Glad to hear you're feeling ever so slightly better today though. And good idea for the mass cookathon for when you're feeling tested.

I'm afraid I know nothing about MS. I know a lot about food though and I wouldn't worry too much about tonights WI if you're feeling rough.
However, your thoughts re summer. Good food can only be good for you right? So when you can manage do, and when you can't, well at least you do when you can!

Lots of love and hugs xxx

Thanks Kimberley x I'm fine most of the time, but just at the moment I'm BLAH! And when I am BLAH! I want rubbish, comfort food. Which in turn makes me feel worse. You know, that ol' spiral ...

Still sick, so not posting much, but having a nosey round the threads when I can

Hope you are all well x

Hiya Niamh!

Hows the bloat doing?? :) xxx

Not as bad today :D

Was super good most of yesterday, had 2 syns in total til nearly bed time, then a neighbour decided to visit, with wine. So had a couple of glasses and then some toast to soak it up before hitting the hay.

Woke up this morning feeling like sh*t for going over syns... HOWEVER for last 2 weeks I've not given a damn when I've had too many, so I take this as a "good sign" that I am getting "back on track"....

How are you m'dear?

you know dietings made you go la-la when the fact that your cardie belt won't do up and guilt after wine is seen as a good thing!
kerrr-azzyyy

Glad you're feeling a little better. I've been seeing you pop up and around a bit more which is great :)

I'm excited to try something that a lady at group suggested to me last night.

I maintained. I've lost 9lbs in 7 months.

She practically dared me to go the supermarket, get a basket, put 9 bags of sugar in it and wander around the whole shop. She reckons I won't be able to do it and the visual will be good for me.

I'd suggest you do it too but don't blame any injuries on me, you've done so fab at losing. Also people might think you're crazy if you drag around 28 bags of sugar. In a basket. With a rope tied round your waist as your belt has bloated itself out.
My god. Don't do it!

Last edited:
Good idea, I bet you can't carry it far without feeling the strain.

Maybe I'll stack 2 stone of books on my scales and then try to put them in a rucksack!

Thanks for looking out for me. I'm a good bit better, so should be back in action properly over the next few days.

I'm sorry to hijack your thread but I have a quick question...are mushy peas still free on SW, I'm doing it from home so don't have up to date info

thanks x

I'm sorry to hijack your thread but I have a quick question...are mushy peas still free on SW, I'm doing it from home so don't have up to date info

thanks x

Hiya Denise

I think they are free on Green and Extra Easy. I don't eat them, so not 100% sure

Hiya Denise

I think they are free on Green and Extra Easy. I don't eat them, so not 100% sure
aww thanks for that, I'll assume they are free, I'm sure it won't really make a difference.

Thanks Kay! Hope you're well, I've not been on your diary (or anyone's!) in ages.

-------------------------------------------

Hi-ho, Hi-ho, it's back to work I go....

I've been unwell since before Easter. That's a MONTH of feeling like poo and eating badly, and generally being a cow to everyone. But I am definitely improving, and this week I am feeling a good bit better. I'm back at work again, so far so good.

My weightloss has had to, well, wait. I could've stuck to plan much better, but I didn't. So, no point worrying about that now. I gained a few pounds and then I've STS. TBH I thought I'd have piled on more, so I am pretty happy with how it has turned out.

I've got into a bad habit of picking and eating more rubbish than normal. I am constantly grazing, and I'd knocked that habit on the head.

I need a few days just resting the ol' digestive system, and cleaning it out. So, I am going back to the old friend Slim Fast. I've a tin of it here, it was at the back of my cupboard. Don't get me wrong, I don't find it sustainable, and I love SW, but I am going to do a few days on it, just to get back on track.

I won't bore you with daily SF updates.... but I'll be hanging around the boards. I'll be back to W/I next Wed, and then it's all SW systems go again.

Have a good day xx

Feeling much more positive today. Stuck to my SF plan yesterday, and though I was hungry, it was "good" hunger. I really appreciated my dinner when I had it. I've definitely become used to snacking all day in recent weeks, so I'm glad to put a stop to it.

Will do SF today and tomorrow, might go back to SW on Saturday. Will definitely be back on SW by next Wed.

Hi Niamh,

Glad to see you are feeling much more positive. It is really hard to stop the picking at food I find I'm the same especially in the evenings! going to try and keep myself busy as want to have a good loss next week. :)

Hi Newme

Some days I don't pick at all, and feel fine, it's when I start out of boredom... I just don't know when to stop.

I was feeling fed up about not sticking to plan better, so I'm more determined again now. Haven't been to a SW class in weeks, so think I'll go next Thursday and see what damage I've done! My own scales might just be kind to me ;)

Happy Friday!

Woke up with a headache, not a good start! Lashing the water into me, so hopefully that will help.

Day two of SF went fine, wasn't as hungry yesterday. Don't have a lot left, enough for today and possibly one more day. Will go back on SW tomorrow, going to have a EE day. Looking forward to having 3 planned meals!

Back