My Diary - 'Extra Easy' Weight Loss Starts Here (I hope!)

Hello Mela!

Your food diary looks fab, hope this week is going good?

Lots of yummy food on there!

X

Hi Nikki<3 :)

Thanks for your message! Glad you like my menus so far :) Yes all seems to be going ok ... I've had the odd day that I've struggled but generally as long as I plan ahead I feel fine about what I'm eating.

Knackered now though as I did my first Legs, Bums & Tums class - its hurting already!!!:eek:

You've done so well with your loss - do you put your diary on here too? (I can't search yet as haven't posted enough!) If yes please post the link here ;)

Thanks again

J x

Ooo LBT class....achey! Well done for going though, I usually say I'm going to class and just end up in the gym! Not done my diary on here yet because just been a bit of a lurker....however tomorrow is WI so as of Wednesday I will get back on it 100% and post my diary.

How long have you been at SW?

X

Heya, Iona thats my name :eek:

My other half hasn't joined me, he should but is resisting so I'm leaving him to it.

I think I'm having WI withdrawls! I dreamnt the other night that the scales were broken and they couldnt tell me how much I'd lost!!! :confused:

Been off to Zumba today and worked up a super sweat! Lordy me! However I fear I've already countered it with bad stuff :sigh:
Not to worry, I'm sure all will be well.

I like going to class, get to chat to other folk and it makes you realise that you're not alone and its a bit of competition :p My name is Iona by the way.

Hello lona! I'm Nikki... Guess you figured that anyway :-S would love to give Zumba a go, sounds like good fun.

WI tonight for me, I love the satisfaction it gives so I can sympathise with the broken scales dream!

X

Day 12

Tuesday 8th February 2011

Breakfast - Muller Light Vanilla Yoghurt with banana

Lunch - Chilli left over from yesterday (made with extra lean mince & lots of veg) on a small jacket potato with low fat cheese (1/2 of HE a)
apple

Snacks - kelloggs Fibre Plus bar - Dark chocolate & Almond flavour (HE b)

Supper - Chicken Stirfry with chicken breast, broccoli, spring onion, cabbage, leek, bean sprouts, green chilli, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and egg noodles.

Drinks - Mineral Water, 7up Light, tea with skimmed milk (0.5 syns), Options Mint Chocolate Hot Chocolate (2 Syns)

Exercise - ijoy ride (15 mins)

I've hardly had any syns today & have only used half of my HE a - I don't know why!?! :confused: So I will have to add something else later on I think...

Last edited:
@Nikki - how was weigh in tonight? Hope it all went well :) Yes I'm aching loads thanks to last nights class. :eek: I'm booked on to Aqua tomorrow morning as well and have to go as I've book my youngest son into creche so will get charged for it anyway!
This is my 2nd week of SW - I'm doing it online rather than with a group so this forum is fab for me to know I'm not alone :D
Looking forward to taking a look at your food diary soon then ;)

@Hi Iona - nice to meet you ;) Good on you for going to Zumba - its great fun but totally knackering isn't it!!! I've been having dreams about counting syns etc so I guess we've both got this SW lark on the brain lol! :D

Lost 2.5 mela! So chuffed so had a lovely couple of Bacardis to celebrate :) that's a good incentive to stick to you plans! If you need any help then just let me know :) got some amazing recipes in my home book and would love to share them :) diary will start tomorrow! X

Well done Nikki! 2.5 is great! I'll be at WI tomorrow morning, I really want 4lb, I'd be super happy with that!!:D

Mela, thinking about going to a Zumba class on Friday too, I'm enjoying it so much can't see why not :eek:, not like me at all.
Sounds silly but we are getting a puppy soon (April, fingers crossed) and I want to be super fit for him arriving :p

Good luck tomorrow lona! Ready for a really intense gym workout tomorrow! Just cooked slimming world lasagne.... Was divine!!

I've struggled today as started off badly by missing breakfast before my Aqua class. Was in too much of a rush getting kids sorted for nursery & creche! Managed to be good afterwards though...

Day 13

Wednesday 9th February 2011

Breakfast (late!) :eek:- Kelloggs Fibre Plus bar - Dark chocolate & Almond flavour (HE b) with banana

Lunch - Baked beans and an omelette made with fry light, 2 eggs, yellow pepper, spring onion, chicken roll (0.5 syns) & quark!
apple

Snacks - Banana
Muller Light Strawberry Yoghurt
Smoked Salmon with lemon, pepper and fat free fromage frais

Supper - Spaghetti Carbonara (from SW Jan/Feb 2011 magazine) using Primula Cheese Light (HE a)

Drinks - Mineral Water, 7up Free, Options Wicked White Chocolate Hot Chocolate (2 Syns)

Exercise - Aqua areobics - swim gym!

Might have some more syns later - will update if needed ;)

@Nikki - Wow well done lady! Brilliant stuff ;) I'd love to see some of your recipes from your home book & look forward to reading your diary ;) Lasagne sounds yum!

@Iona - Let us know how it goes tomorrow. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you ;) Awww a little puppy hey - I bet you can't wait! I can understand you'd like to be fitter if you've got one of those on the way ;)

Do either of you ladies have any ideas for what I could have as a little treat to get my syns up a little? Something chocolatty? ;)

I'll keep you posted.

I went through a huge phase of quark and options (2syns regular size) mixed in, or try fun size chocolate, they average about 4 syns a portion. Cheese or milk is where I add mine now though

ttfn

Right ladies the food diary is up and running! Writing from my iPad so not sure how to post links. A puppy sounds like a lovely idea lona :)
Thanks Mela, hope I don't start slacking now! I usually have a half a crunchy bar, just hits the spot!

2.5lb off, I had hoped for more but I fear that TOTM or star week as they like to call it here is contributing. :confused:

I think I'll go to a new Zumba class tomorrow, see there is room, 2 classes a week should help shift things along ;)

Lona 2.5 is fabulous, be proud of yourself!! But yes TOTM could have affected it if you thought it would have been more. Hope you enjoy zumba, an extra class a week should help!

Nikki, its just the usual I'm not too bothered just now.

Have you been onto Spanx's diary? Other than a jolly good read she has started a 'couch to 5k' thing, I'm sure it was the same podcast that I had last summer, builds you up from walking to full on running over 9 weeks.

It was great when I did it last year before we went on holiday, however I had a load of things happen when we came back and exercise went right out the window. I hope once Zumba takes its toll I'll get back into the running and then the pup can join me too? Woo Hoo!

That actually sounds likes something i need to see, want to do a 5k and a 10k this year and that's sounds like just what I need to get my running on track!
Bit annoyed at myself for not doing any toning exercises whilst losing because now I might have to take the let down of a gain when my muscles start forming :(
X

Mela, we have highjacked your diary for an exercise discussion ;) hope you still love us :p

Here is the link The Couch to 5K plan - Live Well - NHS Choices

Its a womans voice onthis one which is a bit better than the american chap Ihad to listen to last year :rolleyes:

At least if you gain after all this exercise you'll know why, its all for the greater good :character00116:

Sorry Mela! Hehe.

Defo gonna, take a look at that! Hopefully will help me build my stamina up!

Wish I had a pup so I had a good enough excuse to get out walking and running!

X

Back