My Diary

Half way through the weekend and so far not too bad. I ended up at a friends house last night writing party invitations for her which involved a bottle of wine but I only had a couple of glasses and nothing to eat despite being offered all manner of goodies. Party tonight and I have no control over food, I'll have to eat what I'm given so I haven't taken any tablets today just in case. Hopefully there will be a slightly healthier choice for me to make but I doubt it!
Have managed to stay away from the scales and hope not to weigh in at all until Wednesday, I was really getting obsessed. I'm hoping the news will be good and I'll take the first chunk out of the Christmas goal. Hope you're all having a great weekend

KB x

Kittybling your weight progress is terrific but I have to ask, why stop taking your pills for one day when you are going to a party, isn't that the time they will really do their job, even if you do get tango'd the following day?

I think if you know that lots of fat is going to be unavoidable the side effects can be pretty unpleasant

Joany, I have 2 small children I can't afford to spend a day in the loo! I'm really glad I did stop taking them because as suspected dinner was high fat all the way and was a sit down meal with my plate put down to me. Stuffed mushrooms followed by pork in a cream and mustard sauce followed by cheesecake and ice cream. All gorgeous, every bite but really bad for a Xenical diet. Hopefully as I didn't have any tablets yesterday I'll get away with it. Back on the tablets and low fat today, fingers crossed for Wednesday!

KB x

Sounds gorgeous KB - hope you enjoyed it! I wouldn't have taken my Xenical with that kind of meal either.
Sometimes, if I know I'm going to just creep outside the Xenical rules, I'll still take the tablet because the I know the side-effects will only be slight, and won't affect my day.
If I know the meal will be high fat and I have no control over it, I definitely wouldn't take my Xenical. I think anyone who has tried it, and suffered the worst kind of side-effects, would never do it again :eek:

Hope you're having a good weekend KB - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for our first weigh-in of the Christmas challenge :)
A x

I agree, Alex, anyone who has had the full-blown side effects would never chance it again!
If the meal had been a buffet I might well have taken the tablet, that would have helped me make wise choices but there was no control at all with this so no tablet. I'm still hoping for a loss this week though! I have been good apart from that one meal so live in hope. Enjoy your bank holiday,

KB x

Still going well with food and exercise. I am doing my "Active" 30 day challenge daily plus a few extra exercises, trying to get rid of the bingo wings in time to wear a particular dress in 10 days time!
My poor wee no2 son goes back to school tomorrow :cry: but on the upside I will be back to my 2 mile school run walk which is bound to help. No1 son goes back on Thursday. I'm not expecting a huge loss this week even though I have been good. Apart from the huge meal on Saturday night I also find that when I start exercising a lot again it takes a couple of weeks to kick in so I'll try not to be too upset if the numbers don't add up on Wednesday. Hope you've all had a great bank holiday weekend,

KB x

Hiya KB

Its fab to see you still held it togther even after your meal on Sat! Fingers crossed for weigh day!

Big hugs for your son going back to school bless him! Now that sept is almost here im strating to worry a little bout my baby going to school in Jan now lol. It really didnt bother me before but now all the mummys on FB are talking bout it im kindda getting a funny feeling in the pit of my stomach eeek lol

xx

Welcome back, Katie, good to see you around again.
Weigh in day tomorrow, a good day so far today, 1 mile school run this morning at a brisk pace (child on scooter makes all the difference) "Active" 30 day challenge when I got home then another mile school run. Food is good too.
It's peculiar but I haven't weighed myself at all, not even a sneaky one, since last Wednesday so I truly have no idea what to expect when I get on those scales tomorrow, really no idea at all and I don't know the last time that happened. Given the night out on Saturday night things might not be great, but I've been so good apart from that that things could be great. Time will tell. Have a great day,

KB x

Good luck for the weigh in today KB! Don't keep us in suspense for too long!
I reckon you'll get away with Saturday night - one meal doesn't ruin a whole week's worth of hard work, and it sounds like you've definitely been working hard.
Fingers crossed! :)
x

Just been out for lunch, totally unexpectedly so wasn't prepared at all. Tried to make good choices (which isn't like me!) but the best I could do was a chicken/bacon club sandwich which came with coleslaw and salad. I'll treat this as my main meal for the day though and just have something small at dinner time. Don't want to undo this week's work!

KB x

i find it a bit awkward eating out because I can be a bit fussy when it comes to meat (and generally tend to go for the veggie option) and I really hate asking them to make changes to what they have on the menu

I know it's probably no problem but it's hard being a naturally shy person you just don't like to be seen to be making a fuss or being demanding you know?

Woooop woooop Well done missy that is fabbbo news!

I agree with the spit in food thing haha I make sure mines been given before my mother complains haha

Hope your well missy
xxx

I went shopping today (posh "do" next week) and for the first time in a long time I actually enjoyed it. It was great to be able to buy what I wanted and not just what I could squeeze in to or what covered up a particular bit of me. I went totally mad and will have to take it all back tomorrow! Still don't know what I'm keeping yet either.

KB x

it's great knowing you're not restricted to the places that do a plus size range isn't it? :D

I'm sure it all looks fab!!

Ah, I love that feeling when you go shopping and come away loaded down with bags, rather than grumpy and frustrated because nothing would fit!
My last shopping trip was one of the grumpy and frustrating ones - just because I seem to be on the threshold of fitting into clothes in a lot of shops...but just not quite!

Have you decided what you're keeping yet? Don't take too much of it back if you can afford to keep it - you deserve a treat after all the hard work you've put in. And sometimes, having new clothes to wear and the compliments you get wearing them, gives you the boost to stay on track :) (see, I can always justify spending ;))

Have a good weekend x

Back