My diary

If your diabetes is working well with Atkins then it is worth persevering. Maybe you are sensitive to the lactose in the cheese? Could be worth minimizing the cheese and milk for a week?

Good luck xx

Okay, all I can suggest:

Tomato is the only non induction food you've mentioned and if it's one small one a day I can't see a problem.

Keep your cheese to under 2oz a day for a week to see if you're sensitive to it, perhaps.

Are you eating -enough-? On Atkins I don't lose when I can't eat. Run your meals through a calorie counter and make sure you're getting at least 1,200 calories.

Are you eating enough fat? You should be getting 65 percent of your daily calories from fat, and if you can raise that level, even better. Cream cheese or macademia nuts are good for this.

I'm sure your gain must be a false gain, as there's just no way you could be getting an excess of 3500 calories a week on what you're eating.

citric acid in drinks? how much water are you drinking? that much gain does seem like a water gain. Can you get to some scales that show your water on them?
How many carbs in Spam? (i want some)

you are supposed to have much more fat than protein.
do you want to add me as friend on fitness pal and ill look? im lvllt x

ok have added you too. you need to change settings so i can see your diary x

i dont think you have having nearly enough cals or fat hon. the ratio seems ok but the cals are very low.
and you do really need to have the full 20g carbs per day. have some more green veg - cabbage? broccoli? spinach? instead of just lettuce. i would be starving if i only ate what you did.
Have a look on my diary and see what im eating x

Hi Leanne, glad to hear your diabetes better but back & weight gain not so good! Hope you get some rest and figure out what's stalling you
xxx

You might want to look into dukan if you're really struggling with fat. It's based on lean meat and 0 percent fat dairy. Very low carb so would give you the benefits of that for your diabetes, but also lower fat and cal. Atkins you really have to 'eat to lose' on, and that includes both calories and fat.

Last time I did Atkins I only lost when I ate around 1500 calories a day. Any more or any less and the scales went nowhere for some reason.

try upping your carbs? i was so scraed of moving onto owl but it was the best thing.

Well done Leanne:)

well done Leanne, that's nice to hear

It's been great reading your diary Leanne - found myself really eager to find out what happens... like Corrie or something :p
Brill loss - keep it up! x

Back