Today so far I have had -
weetabix
muller
alpen bar
grapefruit
monster munch
small portion pasta bake for lunch
bounty......
without the pasta only 703 kcals so dont think its as bad as it sounds :)

Doesn't sound bad at all looks a really good day :)

Cas I'm waiting for my consultant appointment to discuss whether ita beat to have section or not, not long til you get your baby now! I've got midwife coming round tomorrow x

I had creamy cheese and pasta bake for tea but couldn't finish it it was too creamy for me and I never waste food x

I'm very stiff sore and achey today, going to have a nice bath then I've got supersize vs superskinny, then biggest loser, then vampire diaries, love to finish off my Tuesday nights with sexy men :) x

Well what an absolute carry on at MW this am, appoint was at 9.45 but turns out she told all the women to turn up at 9.45 then she sawpeople by who arrived first. I was 5th out of 7th so I got in at 10.20am, then she told me I had to see dr today and demand app, so got to drs desk and they said no prob appoint @ 10.30am thought great, but dr didnt see me until 10.55am.
Mw and Dr won't let me do SW, mw was funny none of them at that health centre will give permission for any of their ladies to do sw or any other diet.
My Dr said he does not want me doing SW or any other diet, no matter how far along pregnant ladies are or how obese. And absolutely not when about to enter the 3rd trimester, he said if I need to lose weight after birth he is more than happy to help me. He said when your hungry when preg it's because baby is sending hormones to your body letting you know it is in need of something so to eat as healthy as possible. He also said that if I am not gaining weight then baby isnt gaining weight.
I'm totally blown away by there response but I'm not going against what they have said i'd rather get fatter and work harder after baby born than risk any problems. I just can't believe how different dr's surgery's/mw's are.
Sorry for long post just thought I'd let you know how I got on xx

I love pasta bake always get the creamy tomato and herb homepride one, I've been craving it we have it all the time now haha, x

What a load of messing about at midwife! My doctors are the same I've been told not to lose weight etc too, that's why I stick to a higher amount of calories and still eat if I've gone over and hungry because it's baby that wants something, I try to stay around 2000-2300 a day and I'm nearly 30 weeks so that's about right even just doing that I've gained only 5lbs but with my son I literally ate everything and went over the top and put 5stone on, I've just been alot healthier this time and with already being over weight my body hasn't needed much on so far, even if I put 3stone on now in next 10 weeks it's tough I can always lose it when ive had the baby, sure a newborn and a toddler to chase around after and a house and husband to sort out aswell I won't I've chance to be lazy or stuff my face and the weight will fall off haha xx

Sorry hun to hear you had a bad morning, so did they say how much weight they expect you to gain? just try and enjoy pg and not worry to much about weight gain just try and make healthy choices when you can you would of thought sw would be best diet to follow when pregnant as its not calorie restricted and all those free foods and healthy extras. Im sure all the weight will fall of after pregnancy wiv having a newborn and toddler, we can all support and help each other along the way after our births x

Aww I'm sorry to hear this, my mw was really supportive and sw is endorsed (or whatever? Lol) by the royal college of mw's - if you do want any help with following it at home or recipes etc then I can help too :) x

Cas3 said:
Sorry hun to hear you had a bad morning, so did they say how much weight they expect you to gain? just try and enjoy pg and not worry to much about weight gain just try and make healthy choices when you can you would of thought sw would be best diet to follow when pregnant as its not calorie restricted and all those free foods and healthy extras. Im sure all the weight will fall of after pregnancy wiv having a newborn and toddler, we can all support and help each other along the way after our births x
I was just surprised but I'll defo be trying to eat as healthy as possible and if I'm not that healthy then I'll just not let it bother me. But if I do be really good and healthy and I lose weight without tryin - although prob unlikely but I can't do anything about that, I weigh 16 stone 2 it's not like I'd lose more than a couple of pound. I think there reaction just threw me that's all, my bmi says I'm obese, I thought they'd encourage me not to gain a lot of weight. They never said how much I'm expected to gain x

Thank you. the more I think about it the more what the doctor said doesn't make sense, as far as he told me to eat healthy foods, fruit, Veg, less eat, avoid take away's processed meals etc - all the stuff which would be like following Sw, so I do wonder if it was easier for him to say no to reduce any chance I might diet. After all he doesn't know I'm sensible when dieting/eating healthy. Whatever happens I will be making sure from today I have around 2000 calories or more if needed. Naturally, healthier foods are lower in calories, I would hate to think I've eaten loads and find calorie wise it's not enough for baby x

I was doing sw but now I try and have 2000 calories a day sometimes more at the weekends, just do what you think is best for you and your baby. The dr might be concerned cos ur a high risk and may they have had pregnant women who have been dieting not sensibly and its done more harm than good you could still eat most of your sw meals but increase your calories or have extra syns.

Its good that you did speak to them about sw when I go to see mw I never mention to them about dieting once or twice they looked my weight up and said it was fine at least you know now before you reach third trimester and you've got your growth scans coming up so your know ur baby is doing well.

Im bit worried now about my consultant app if ive not gained enough weight I didnt want to put on 3 stone like last time as I developed diabetes and was dehydrated during my section but it seems we can't get it right wether we gain, sts or try and lose abit of weight x

Cas3 said:
I was doing sw but now I try and have 2000 calories a day sometimes more at the weekends, just do what you think is best for you and your baby. The dr might be concerned cos ur a high risk and may they have had pregnant women who have been dieting not sensibly and its done more harm than good you could still eat most of your sw meals but increase your calories or have extra syns.

Its good that you did speak to them about sw when I go to see mw I never mention to them about dieting once or twice they looked my weight up and said it was fine at least you know now before you reach third trimester and you've got your growth scans coming up so your know ur baby is doing well.

Im bit worried now about my consultant app if ive not gained enough weight I didnt want to put on 3 stone like last time as I developed diabetes and was dehydrated during my section but it seems we can't get it right wether we gain, sts or try and lose abit of weight x

Exactly. It's a bit of a lose lose situation lol I think I'm just going to make healthier choices when choosing foods, try not to eat to much bread and choose lower fat options etc, not necessarily following Sw but just concentrate on having enough cals and enjoy my pregnancy. I did think as well that if I was gainin too much not enough it'd show up on my growth scans. My next one is in 4 weeks, I can't imagine I can do much wrong in such little time x

Men!! it's taken hubby til now to ask about my midwife appointment this morning, so I tell him I had midwife and she made me make a doctors appointment straight after that's why I didn't get to work til half 11............I'm still waiting for him to ask why I had to see the doctor fgs brick wall or what. I give up.

Don't worry mine didn't even ask what happened either even though I said she's just gone when he got home from work and that we had an appointment at hospital in the post they are just thick x

It's because he presume's if there's anything to tell I'll mention it to him. No....how about you ask me how midwife went and why I went to the doctors?! The penny will drop in a few days lol x

What an awful night I've had. Painful spd and sciatica, terrible ear ache, then heartburn shows up now and again. Gave in at quarter past 7 and got up. Off to metro centre this morning to get some baby clothes and clothes for my lo, will try be good for lunch :) x

Back