My Exante Diary

Hey Saddlebag Well done not gainin! Uve had a tough wk Hope ur dog is over his tummy bug
NJoy nite out Let Ur hair down!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hope you have a good trip, and well done for maintaining xx:)

Hey Saddlebag Hows tricks with u? Hope Ur flyin it and r back on d wagon
Thinking of u Shoebedoo

Hiya girls! Well I just got back from my work trip... I'm afraid I didn't quite stick to plan!

My intention was to have a sachet for breakfast, assuming the S&S meals would be ok being made with boiling water. Lunch would be fine having a sachet as there was a kitchen, was gonna have my bar mid afternoon then have a healthy low carb low fat dinner with my work colleague as I did not want her going to dinner alone as it was only us two.

Went on Tuesday night and had food in the hotel- healthiest thing they had was a big salad. It was really nice- especially the sweetcorn :eek: But all in all, not many calories so I was happy. The dressing wasn't creamy or oily, more like a light vinaigrette so that wasn't too bad either.

Next day I made macaroni cheese S&S sachet in my room with boiling water from the kettle. I stirred it up in the bowl but after a few minutes it did not look like it should... So I put it in a Tupperware box I took with me and put the lid on, hoping it would keep the heat in and might work. But it didn't- I ended up with a very watery tasteless yellow sauce, lumps of powder and soft pasta. I tried to eat it but it was gross. So I ended up having a coffee and an almond bar for breakfast.
Lunch I had spaghetti, that went without a hitch as they had a microwave.
I was really hungry by dinner- because of the timings I didn't get the chance to have another sachet. We went to Wagamama for dinner, I had the Wagamama ramen which is a big bowl of broth with veg, chicken and seafood in it. It usually has noodles but I asked for no noodles. It was nice but I couldn't finish it all! Had a salad on the side. I'm sure there was oil used to cook it all but again I was happy that it was pretty healthy.

Yesterday I decided that a bar for breakfast wasn't substantial enough so I had just a poached egg from the breakfast buffet and a coffee, followed by the bar. Spaghetti for lunch again.
Dinner was Nandos! It was amaaaaaaaazing... I had half a chicken with a big side salad! The skin was on the chicken and it was soooo tempting to eat it but I picked it off. I polished off all of my food- skinless chicken and salad though, it was a big portion but not too naughty.

This morning I had to plan ahead really as we were due to finish early afternoon to head home. There wouldn't be time to have lunch before we left which meant I'd have to well at breakfast to get me through to the afternoon! I had 2 poached eggs, and a spoon each of tomato and beans... Oops! It was yummy though, didn't have too much and didn't go back for any more.

So I'm home now, was dreading the scales but knew I had to get on to get myself back on track. I weigh less than when I went!!! Maybe it'll take a few days for the food the catch up with me, so official weigh in next Wednesday as usual. I am still motivated to continue on the sachets, don't want to cheat. Don't know what's happened these last few months but I seem to have acquired some willpower!

Right, enough of my blabbering, hope you are all well and looking forward to the long weekend if you have it off work!

Good afternoon Saddlebag, sounds like you made excellent choices food wise! :hug99: xx

You definitely did really well with your food choices, it's sometimes very hard when life gets in the way. I wouldn't be surprised if you still see a good loss on Wednesday.

Hey fair play Amazin willpower Take my hat off 2u Oh I luv Wagamamas Friend brought me 2 der restaurant in Manchester when we were over
'twas d nicest meal out I've ever eaten Felt SO healthy Divine!!!
Updated my diary re how I'm gettin on Tired out Nitey nite

Hiya shoebs sounds like you've been busy as usual! How did little one's reflexology go? Any closer to sorting out the migraines?

I've been hungry today- probably a result of this week's eating. Have stuck to plan today, apart from having to taste some food I've made for a friend coming over. I've made pasta from scratch, and some stuffing and made ravioli with it. I intended to make spinach and ricotta ravioli but they didn't have ricotta at my local shop (should have realised they wouldn't have it really). So I mixed up a tub of cottage cheese which I drained, with some parmesan and cooked mushrooms, bacon and mushrooms. Mixed it all up and tasted it for seasoning... It was yummy... I've not got a pasta machine so rolling the pasta thin enough took ages!
Also made some chocolate brownies (no tasting though... There'd be no going back) and bread (no tasting there either).
I really enjoyed my afternoon cooking and am really looking forward to eating again now so I can think up some healthy recipes.

Oh wow U sound like a pro in d kitchen... Lucky friend!! Fair play.... I've never made pasta.... Wudnt know where 2 start!!
No improvement yet... Reflexologist found ders a lot of pressure on his head+ears so finished todays session with a head massage which he found very sore as his head is very tender Needs 2 drink loads
I'd luv 2 get a second opinion re MRI scan and cat scan Holdin off bookin hols 4 a few wks! Fingers crossed

Good afternoon Saddlebag, *drools* that ravioli sounds yummy! Lucky friend indeedy :D Hope you're having a great Sunday :hug99: xx

Hi saddlebag, Good to hear you had a nice week away, how good were you with your food choices! I really hope you get a good loss on WI makes you think more about what you want to eat when you have been strict on your diet, well done xxx:eek:

Hiya girls,

Well my ravioli didn't quite work out... I put them all in a bowl and later when I went to cook them they had stuck together in a big lump!! I forgot to flour them! So had to get my friend a Chinese takeaway :eek: Which was torture as I love Chinese food.
Shoebs I hope they find a solution for your little man soon, bless him. A second opinion is always good, go for it! Are you doing working solution at the mo or TS? How's it going?
Giggles I had a lovely Sunday thank you, did a dog show with my German shepherd and came 3rd :) Then took him home and went to the pub to celebrate the Jubilee. Shame about the weather though!
Thank you Jacqueline, I did try to pick healthier options. And it seems like I'll have a loss this week, I've been sneaky peaking on my scales and it looks like I'm gonna be in the 11s on Wednesday woohooooo!

Here's to another 2 days off work, hoorahhhhhh! :grouphugg:

Hey Saddlebag
Ahhhh SO sorry 2 hear Ur pasta ended out a disaster - hope dog liked it or does he only eat dog food?
Yes Son's headaches r boggin me down Goin 2 bring him 2 d GP this wk for blood tests again 2 c if his iron count is still down and want him tested 2c if he cud b a coeliac Reflexology has improved his form which is a plus!!
Doin mostly TS days but cooked a turkey today so had a WS day Lookin forward to Tryin Ur porridge biscuits They sound scrumious!!
Hope Ur winnin Heard yev tomoro off too I'm SO jealous!!! NJoy

Aw you have a German shepherd :0) I used to have one when I was a kid called Tarkey (or "Tarquin the Matador" lol!) - would love a dog but not possible with me & hubby both working long hours :0(

Well done for resisting the Chinese, that's one of my biggest downfalls too!!

Good afternoon Saddlebag. Well done with your GS coming 3rd, excellent!

Hope you're having a fab day, just wish the sun would return. :hug99: xx

Hey Saddlebag
Ahhhh SO sorry 2 hear Ur pasta ended out a disaster - hope dog liked it or does he only eat dog food?
Yes Son's headaches r boggin me down Goin 2 bring him 2 d GP this wk for blood tests again 2 c if his iron count is still down and want him tested 2c if he cud b a coeliac Reflexology has improved his form which is a plus!!
Doin mostly TS days but cooked a turkey today so had a WS day Lookin forward to Tryin Ur porridge biscuits They sound scrumious!!
Hope Ur winnin Heard yev tomoro off too I'm SO jealous!!! NJoy

The dog has a sensitive tummy so only gets dry kibble or raw meat! Anything else and he gets tummy ache- tricky as he is a total gannet (twice he has caught wild rabbits and eaten them- the whole lot including the fur!!!)
I'm sure the docs will find what is causing your son's headaches. It must be annoying to have to keep waiting though and not be able to help though :( I hope the blood tests reveal what it is :)
Hope you enjoy the porridge biscuits although I know you love it as it is so my guess is you'll prefer it that way!
Have had a nice relaxing week off, seen my friends and family and the bonus is it's only a three day working week :)

Aw you have a German shepherd :0) I used to have one when I was a kid called Tarkey (or "Tarquin the Matador" lol!) - would love a dog but not possible with me & hubby both working long hours :0(

Well done for resisting the Chinese, that's one of my biggest downfalls too!!

Ahhh I love German shepherds, I love my boy and also work long hours but my lovely mum agreed that if I got a dog she would look after him when I'm working. She's fab :D I've had him since he was 7 weeks old and now he's nearly 2, and I can't remember how I coped without him!

Good afternoon Saddlebag. Well done with your GS coming 3rd, excellent!

Hope you're having a fab day, just wish the sun would return. :hug99: xx

Thanks giggles, a bit of sun would have been lovely but it wasn't to be... Didn't put too much of a dappener on the various things going off for the jubilee here though so we did have a nice weekend. Hope yours was relaxing and things are ok with you and yours.

Sooooo I'm sat on my sofa in my exercise clothes, hand weights at the ready and floor mat out... Jillian Michael's 30 day shred DVD sat in its wrapper on top of the telly.... Come on saddlebag it's only 20 minutes!!!
Done some gardening again today so my back is a bit achey but that's just me making excuses. I'm hungry too but have told myself that there's no dinner until I've done this bloody 20 minute exercise DVD. So I'm sat staring at it!

Oh fair play Must dust off mine and start doin dem again. Ive 2 days 2 take off b4 d 26 th so I've asked my principal if I can take Thurs+Fri off
Fingers crossed he finds a sub!!!
Might only b a 2 day wk 4 me!!! Hurray
Thinkin of gettin bus up 2 Derry in Northern Ireland 2 shop in Matalin Do u like der clothes
Flippers don't deliver 2 d ROI ... Sob

Back