Total Solution My Exante journey..

I am the same with gluten and sugar, you will get there, it is such a commitment and it is hard to be that committed 100 % of the time!

Hope today was better for you x

thanks Natty, yesterday was indeed better. I had an epic 3-hour work meeting in a bar in the city (how I used to love that type of meeting!), but got away with just getting through my pot of peppermint tea! But was so annoyed last night. My exante order included a box of 7 tiramisu, which I was SOOOOOOO excited about trying. Tiramisu is probably my most favourite dessert ever. I knew the exante version was not going to be the same as the calorie-laden, creamy, boozy real thing, but I thought it would at least taste a little bit yummy. How wrong I was. rank rank rank rank rank. The recipe has obviously been put together by the same sadist that designed their tomato soup.

However, I HATE waste, so I'm keeping the remaining 6 sachets and am going to try putting them in the ice cream machine with some REAL coffee and REAL booze and perhaps a bit of cream to make ice cream for my husband... I still think they will be disgusting, but worth a try for minimal effort.

Still haven't plucked up the courage to try on the dress... perhaps tonight as my husband is out at work drinks. I did pop into TK Maxx yesterday though and picked up a few dresses to try on to get an idea of what shapes are fitting my newly emerging figure. Seems the fitted top, and peplum over the hips seems to work better than most looks, and luckily this style seems to be around quite a bit. My major relief is that my running / cycling / strength training is paying off, and I can now buy a skirt that sits above my knees! I absolutely hated my legs before, especially the backs of my knees. I know i still have a very long way to go, but these days they don't look as bad as I remember!

Hope you all have lovely days x

Wow comble, just caught up with your diary! doing great I see - weekends seem to be most people's downfall which is normal, we relax-we let our guards down...

I just find once I'm in that "diet during the week, cheat on the weekend" cycle, it takes something drastic to turn it around! (like going away alone without kids/husband, or working through the weekend). usually tend to cheat once I feel comfortable with my weight (or people comment on how great I look) Hopefully this time around it won't affect me - I just can't say as I'm only 3 days in my official restart date :rolleyes:

Anyway, here to subscribe and follow for the duration of the Exante journey

I think I definitely need something drastic to get me out my weekend mindset - I love the idea of going away for a weekend to myself - much preferable to working through the weekend :) My PT was thinking about setting up some kind of 'retreat' weekend for her clients, so I might push her to arrange that!

But surprisingly I didn't register a gain this week... I managed to lose 1.5lbs. Not sure how, but I'll definitely take that, thanks very much!

And I tried on the Coast dress last night. It fit... but it is absolutely hideous on (I hadn't realised it had a hancerchief hem, which makes me look like a witch. In a floral dress). What was I thinking??!? I think there's a HUGE opportunity for a company to show images of the dress on models in all sizes on their website to help with online shopping - it would be so helpful to see what the dress looks like on a size 16/18 rather than just a size 8/10. Frustrating.

And I've just realised I forgot to bring a bar into work for lunch today... think I'll head to boots and buy an emergency pack of slimfast bars to put in my office so that I have something if I forget again :)

Right, time to screw my head on properly now and get on with some work!

Enlighten, good to hear you've reached day 3 of the restart - good luck!

Well done on the loss!

Shame about the dress, I quite agree , it is so difficult to know what clothes will look like on actual people with curvy bits!

Hope you have a good day

So just chomping down on a slimfast chocolate peanut bar and it's delicious! Seems to be missing the 'malty' taste of some of the exante bars... which is a good thing for me! Bought a box of 5 (for office emergencies) so bit of a relief I like them :)

So just out of a solid 1hr PT session... I got worked today, so am sure I'm going to be feeling that tomorrow! I don't think there's a muscle in my body that hasn't been worked this morning. Decided to leave the bike at home today as couldn't face cycling into the office after that, which is a first!

Did Zumba last night too - was also good, but my energy levels were a bit lacking for some reason.

Now for a full day's work as out the office for most of tomorrow - I have my consultation booked with the gastric surgeon to talk about removing my gall bladder... I want to grill him about the potential for weight gain after the surgery, as I know that's a huge risk (as you no longer have the capacity to store bile to break down fats). I think a VLCD will probably be ok, but need to prepare myself for a longer term plan - I don't want to be doing all this hard work only to undo it all post surgery!

Well done on all your exercise, do you add anything when you do so much exercise?

Only if I really feel hungry before or afterwards. Then I add some lean protein, like 1/2 on of those packs of chicken bits you can get. It's relatively low calorie, but protein is good fuel for exercise so it seems to do the trick.

However I do find I feel ok when working out even without the extra food, as long as I drink plenty of water.

Today I really probably should have eaten extra - I fell asleep at my desk this afternoon :oops:... luckily neither of my colleagues are in today, so it was just me, sitting here with my head on the desk snoring away!!! Feel like cr*p now though...

Only if I really feel hungry before or afterwards. Then I add some lean protein, like 1/2 on of those packs of chicken bits you can get. It's relatively low calorie, but protein is good fuel for exercise so it seems to do the trick.

However I do find I feel ok when working out even without the extra food, as long as I drink plenty of water.

Today I really probably should have eaten extra - I fell asleep at my desk this afternoon :oops:... luckily neither of my colleagues are in today, so it was just me, sitting here with my head on the desk snoring away!!! Feel like cr*p now though...

Ok thankyou, I just find my weight is stalling a lot and exante said because I burn over 300 calories 4 times a week to add an extra pack on those days as I will be burning too much but I think, like you, I am going to add protein, either chicken, tuna, prawns or egg and see how that goes as I am finding myself constantly hungry with all the swimming!

Loving your blog Womble. So good to see how you bounce back if you go slightly off plan. How much have you lost in total!

You're doing great Womble - well done! :)

Sorry about the dress - though I must admit your description of a witch in floral did make me laugh :D

Last edited:
Loving your blog Womble. So good to see how you bounce back if you go slightly off plan. How much have you lost in total!

Aw, thanks Ruby. Despite all the rubbish weekends I've managed to lose 40 pounds, which I am more than happy with. I sometimes feel like I'm doing the 5:2 diet in reverse (i.e. 5 days of being good and 2 days of eating normally at the weekends)! How are you doing? Are you on Exante too?

Aw, thanks Ruby. Despite all the rubbish weekends I've managed to lose 40 pounds, which I am more than happy with. I sometimes feel like I'm doing the 5:2 diet in reverse (i.e. 5 days of being good and 2 days of eating normally at the weekends)! How are you doing? Are you on Exante too?

well it seems to be working for you lol, that is what I am looking at doing when I am nearer to my goal!!!!

Dis you have a good weekend?

You're dong great Womble - well done! :)

Thanks Darcy!

Had another weekend off plan - I was at my mums helping look after my niece and nephew and despite good intentions, i forgot to take exante packs with me!! But I tried to limit the damage by sticking to protein and salad, so hopefully no serious harm done.

Also had my consultation with the gall bladder surgeon on Friday - he thinks my surgery will be pretty straight forward as my liver is functioning really well and I'm relatively healthy with the amount of exercise I do (it was really nice for an independent person to tell me they thought I was 'healthy' - I haven't had that for a long time). I also grilled him about the risk of weight gain after surgery and he seems to think it's not so much of an issue if you don't have liver problems. If you have a healthy liver, your body should continue to produce bile in good quantities, so will still be relatively efficient at breaking down fats. So I've decided I'm going to go ahead and book myself in as soon as I can - probably end of June.

well it seems to be working for you lol, that is what I am looking at doing when I am nearer to my goal!!!!

Dis you have a good weekend?

Lovely weekend thanks Natty, how about you? x

Lovely weekend thanks Natty, how about you? x

Lovely thankyou, busy with swimming and hiking etc but had a nice time.
Hope you have a great day x

Sounds like good choices over the weekend :)

While I wouldn't wish surgery on anyone, glad you're going to get the gall bladder situation sorted

......had my surgery many years ago, and was so glad to be relieved of the hideous pain o_O

Just dropping in quickly to say hi this morning... feeling rotten. Been really sick after my PT session so think I have a bug (definitely wasn't over-exertion, I was so weak!). Will hopefully be back online tomorrow feeling better x

Back