Total Solution My Exante journey..

I have had hypnotherapy but found that you have to really want the outcome - i wanted junk food more. Gastric band hypnotherapy would probably work when doing exante as the food packs and no real food would be similar to surgery recovery food. The apps/cds i have seen require the hypnosis to be listened to every night. I couldnt be bothered with that - always looking for a quick fix that wont inconvenience the rest of my life lol. Xx

I had gastric band hypnotherapy and I have to say it didn't work. But, I do think hypnotherapy does work for some and like countrylass says it probably is a case of really wanting the outcome. Back when I had it I probably wasn't as committed to getting the weight shifted as I am now.

Thanks ladies. Maybe I'll try something else. Perhaps a proper reward scheme - for example, if I get through this weekend without cheating I'll book myself a facial. If I cheat, I'll donate the cost of the facial to charity. Let's see if that gets me through this weekend (taking one weekend at a time at the moment!)

It's extra tough at the moment because my husband is at the rugby all day on Saturday so I'm really left to my own devices... might see if I can get a family member to 'babysit' me this Saturday to see me through - I'm much less likely to cheat if there is someone with me as I'm quite competitive and hate losing face :)

Accountability to others and treats for success - now that just might be what you need :)

Treats can work wonders! I am planning a new pair of boots for my 2st goal - only 3.5lbs to go :)

ooh new boots! Lovely treat!

OK, so my weight stayed the same this week - I'll take that, given I went so far off course! I was fully expecting a gain, but hopefully the exercise is helping to manage the weight. This week is a new week, and I'm aiming for 4 pounds. I think that should be totally do-able.

Start my first Zumba class tonight. First time I've participated in 'group' exercise for a long time, so will be interesting to see how I go!

Sorry you and an STS. Like you when I stayed the same I was doing the add a meal week and probably added a little too much, :oops:

Back to plan this week :)

Enjoy Zumba

Enjoy the class - I started one last night and it was great fun!

Well Zumba was lots of fun! My au pair has started running the class and another couple of mummies from my son's nursery joined - it was nice to know some other people in the class and I definitely felt a lot less self-conscious as a result. In fact, given how out of breath the other people became, I came across as the fittest person in the class, which really motivated me! Goes to show that size is not always an indication of fitness... I've been working so hard over the past year on incorporating exercise in my daily life and it's great to see the results. Will definitely be sticking with Zumba and can recommend it to anyone else who's thinking about it.

I also had my personal trainer session this morning... wow that was tough. And then I cycled straight into work afterwards and here I am. I feel like I'm made of jelly as my muscles are exhausted. But happy. Exercise really seems to lift my mood.

Blueberry smoothie this morning - was really delicious.

Wow, you have had a busy couple of days on the exercise front - well done :)

Morning all. I was naughty this morning and had a sneaky peek at the scales. I know it's only 2 days since my weigh in, but I'm down 4 pounds already this week! hopefully that means I was retaining some water from the days I went off course, so knowing I should have a good week if I stay on track motivates me even more to be good this weekend!

Wow, the sts is behind you - you're heading in the right direction again :)

Well done and hope you have a good weekend in both senses of the word

Fab!!! Good for you. Hope you get a great loss this week.

Sounds like your doing great!! All that exercise will make the difference

All that exercise is very impressive! :)

....puts me to shame :oops:

You're doing so well, very happy for you :D

woo hoo, I did it! A cheat free weekend! But no exercise... and I won't get any in today either, as have a client meeting this afternoon. In fact, my client wants to do drinks after the meeting - last time I went for drinks with this client I ended up getting home at 2am in the morning, so am going to try and be far more restrained this time around, especially given it's a Monday after all!

Hope the client meeting/drinks have gone well

Hope the client meeting/drinks have gone well

thanks twin mum - meeting actually went very well but I was a bit naughty at drinks after. I ended up having 4 vodka slimline tonics and skipping dinner as a result. My client is a 60-year old who's been working in the city since his 20's, so very much of the old-school way of thinking (i.e. leaving the office at 5, going to a bar and then stumbling home at midnight). I was lucky to get away when I did!

Luckily no hangover this morning though, and it's such a glorious sunny day :)

Back