my eyes are sore :(

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Miss_Bettany, 4 November 2007 Social URL.

1. Miss_Bettany

Miss_Bettany Full Member

I was offered some clothes yesterday on Freecycle so trotted off to get them

Got home and theres some lovely stuff, two pairs trousers and about 6 tops. tried them all on, they are clean and non smelly etc. Started to sneeze after a few minutes and thought nothing of it. Then my eyes started to itch and next I knew my eyeballs felt like they had razorblades attached my face was swollen and my head and hands were itching. Now the only thing I ever really sneeze at are cats, so emailed and asked her politely did she have cats. yes she says, two. So thats one heck of a reaction to have to trying on clean clothes from a household with 2 cats in it! Even my eyeballs were swollen and BRIGHT red [​IMG]

Still dead itchy, the clothes are all in the washer and my eyes are a lot better than they were but ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww not nice [​IMG]
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. mandye

mandye Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    hope you are feeling better soon hun.xx
  4. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Oh poor you, what a bad reaction....hope they get better soon hunxx (((hugs)))
  5. Conn76

Conn76 Full Member

Owww.. Poor thing! I get the same reaction and find only piriton would fix the problem. I didn't know I was allergic to cats until I got one.

Hope a good wash of the clothes sorts the problem out!

6. Miss_Bettany

Miss_Bettany Full Member

can we have piriton on LL? haven't taken anything as wasn't sure!
  7. janetljones

janetljones Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Piriton won't take you out of ketosis so I'd take it.

Sorry to hear you had such a bad reaction. I have cats and the worst reaction I ever got from anyone was on the train one morning.

I had put a brand new suit on that morning, hadn't cuddled the cats or anything and a man standing next to me on the train got a really bad reaction, sneezing and eyes running etc. I felt so sorry for him. :cry: and a bit of a minger when he asked if anyone had cats and I was the only one who said yes - but to be fair they don't wear my clothes:wave_cry:

Hope you feel better soon.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.