My FIL - RANT!!

No change they say, ominously the senior Nurse we spoke to on Saturday was talking not about him going to a home but to a hospice.

A hospice is where you go to die Linz.

oh dear :( the hospices are fab though. My bro was in one for about 2 weeks xxx they are great x

Well I suppose they have to consider it as an option, especially if the FIL isn't eating and so on. Sorry that he's going through this, though - and that the saga continues for your family, Jim xx

I suspect if he goes into a hospice it won't be for long, and maybe for the best anyway. He's not responding to treatment so what else can the Hospital do really.

Sorry to hear that Jim xx Heartbreaking but not many options left I suspect if he refuses to be treated or take fluids or food :(

Hi jim, I've just read through the thread, I hope you and colleen are ok and that your fil geta the care he needs whilst he's here zz. Xx

Morning jim. It's so sad this whole business. Think what happened to my OHs nan was preferrable. Spoke to my mother last night and a friend of hers had a fall, broke her hip but wasn't strong enough to recover from the surgery. It's a year since the lady's husband died and mum said that seems about average for couples who have been married for 70 odd years. She'd just had enough.

Thanks everyone, no change at the moment, but he has asked for cups of tea, so maybe that's progress really.

Oh yes thats good. if he is drinking??? how long till they decide re home/hospice Jim?

Back