My first slow cooker experience

LVLLM

Gold Member
Well...as we speak I am cooking my first ever meal in my slow cooker. Chilli (without the beans or peppers). I have added 5 finger chillis and 2 medium hot chillis - oh and some cayenne, mince, mushrooms, celery, spring onions (only 3)and a tin of tomatoes. Fingers crossed
a) its cooked
b) its edible
c) Its nice and hot but not too hot lol

Ill report back tomorrow with the results ;) (unless im off work ill )

mmm but i only left in low since 1pm - will my dinner be ready by 10pm? :(

I hope you bought it to the boil first of it'll take 24 hours LOL. Yes it should be ready by then Vicky. :)

Lol ill bang it on high when i get in at 5 ish (had traumatic day going to buy some wine :( )

i generaly start my slow cooker off at bed time then its ready around 4pm the next day when the kids get home from school.
not had it out for a while now though. gathering dust in the cupboard!

I prepare the meal the evening before, bring it to the boil in the morning and it's ready by the time we get home from work. :)

thanks guys - at least Ill know next time. all the ingreds were fried off this morning :D or maybe :( ill see x

Morning Vicky, so how was it love?

Morning Vicky, so how was it love?

Just what I was thinking! Hope your little ones better & you got a good nights sleep. xx

Yes Linz, I hope the same love.

it was lush. did have to put it on high for a bit and I think i overdid the chilli - but a bit of sour cream and some grated cheese helped. got loads left too. :D
going to try morrocon lamb on sunday :) no idea how to make it but gonna throw stuff in got some nice morroccon spices.

gabi is bit better today - she was shivering and bless her wherever i went she followed , even sat between my feet when i was washing up :(

I know. I know Hannah Montana my wire will look after her though she is a love. :)

Yes always - well on a friday i finish at 2 so just wait and go then.
Grace isnt much help she just tries to play with her lol.
So no walks yesterday or today cant leave her on her own and will see how she is tomorrow.x

Ah poor little thing.

Back