My fishy week!

Good morning my fishy loving friends, another new start for me today, I am taking up running! Have downloaded an app onto my iphone and went out for the first time at 530am, didnt feel to bad at all this week its just run for 1 minute walk for 1.5 mins 8 times, and builds up so that within 8 weeks you should be able to run for 30 mins but we will see!!

Food for today
Breakfast: Mullerlight, mixed berries, alpen light
Mid morning: Apple and banana
Lunch: tuna, pasta and sweetcorn with 0% total yoghurt
Afternoon: plum and grapes
Dinner: Baked cod with chillis, garlic and onion, and roasted veg

Morning all
Its looking good for your weigh in Snuggles -well done :clap:..
well its day 2 for me and here is my RED meal plan:-
  • 2 eggs -scrambled
  • red pepper
  • tomato
  • smoked salmon
  • melon
  • Fish cakes heA+(0.5)
  • carrots
  • cauli
  • broccoli
  • SF jelly (1)
  • mixed berries
  • chermoula fish
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5) -stir-fried:-
  • onions
  • mushrooms
  • carrots
  • red/yellow pepper
  • broccoli
  • cauli
  • sf jelly (1)
  • mixed berries
  • 50g vanilla quark(1)
  • 250ml semi (A)X2
  • 2tsp camp (1)
  • 1 kellogs fibre plus (B)
Now -that will use my A+Bs -but only 4 syns... so I will look at adding to them as I go....
Don't we have some "weigh ins" today -can't wait to see the results :DGood luck to everyone....

Good Morning to each and all,

Day 4

Breakfast - quorn sausage, mushroom and cheese (hexA ) omelette

Lunch - Prawn and crab stick sandwich WW (Hex B ) with salad - straws and yog to finish.

Dinner - Haddock with lime and corridander with new pots and veg

will have some syns thoughtout the day,

Anyone know of ways to make tin tuna in brine more exciting preferably with as few syns as possible .:confused:

I mix tuna with 1 teaspoon of extra light salad cream with either spring onions or cucumber or both - and a touch of black pepper

red onion is rather nice mixed with tuna

if i think of anything else i will let you know

Jack_D

only 2 more fishy days till weigh in :D begining to notice a difference from last week my stomach feels flatter and my trousers looser :eek::eek: have been on the scales and I am thinking maybe a 3lb loss if it stays the same between now and weds .... not bad considering the most I have ever lost in one week was 3.5 and that was my 1st week 8 half months ago and now just 2lb from target I may lose that much again!!

have put my food diary in my sig if anyone wants to see what I've had on my fishy week its not very inventive but it seems to be working

Anyone know of ways to make tin tuna in brine more exciting preferably with as few syns as possible .:confused:
It's nice with balsamic vinegar too

Im going to start fishy week this week too - apart from dinner tonight as I already have lamb - just about to devise a menu plan for the week :D

My trousers are feeling a little looser since starting fishy week, I'm hoping that it's a good sign.

Todays food is:

Breakfast: grapefruit, 1 slice toast with sild in tomato sauce
Lunch: egg and tuna mayonaise salad (1 syn for 2 tbsp EL mayo)
Tea: crunchy salmon (crushed crackerbread and seasoning topping the salmon, then baked), roasted pepper (don't normally like them but going to try again), courgettes, chunky red onion, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms.

Here's my menu plan so I can do my shopping - if anyone else finds it useful, might swap the meals round depending on when it goes off:

Tuesday
Lunch: salad with tuna and balsamic vinegar
Dinner: Prawn & veg stir fry with noodles

Wednesday:
Lunch: Pasta with tinned salmon and peas
Dinner: Cajun Salmon fillet, veg, sweet potato wedges

Thursday:
Lunch: Salmon fillet with rice and salad
Dinner: Crab and chilli linguine (on Slimming Eats) with veg

Friday:
Lunch: Peppered mackerel with salad
Dinner: Tuna steak with salsa, veg and sw chips

Saturday:
Lunch: Jacket potato with tuna mayo and salad
Dinner: Lemon sole, veg and garlic mash

Sunday:
Lunch: Tuna Pasta with salad
Dinner: Speedy Prawn Curry http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/159088-my-fishy-week-3.html with rice

Also quite fancy a prawn risotto, and someone in class today said that M&S salmon burgers are 1 syn

You've all inspired me to try a fishy week too though I have no idea if I actually like fish...guess I'll find out! I've had a terrible week this week with WI tomorrow likely to be a gain going by how I feel. So new week isn't 'til wednesday but I'll start today because I have prawns in the fridge so will try that curry someone posted. On my trip round Sainsburys I saw very cheap frozen pollock, what should I do with it? Help please!:)

Pollock is just like most white fish and you can use and prep it in the same ways as you would herring or cod, coley is another nice white fish very similar to cod........

A strange thing to note here is that tyriaki ( excuse my spelling ) coatings go really well with most fish types dunno about yellow fish but salmon, trout etc it is scrummy.....

However my fishy week is almost done only 1 day to go and the horrors of * are here so dunno what the result will end up being.

I am very much looking forward to my weigh-in tonight and I only started fish on friday!

Note to all, a good strong prawn curry the night before weigh in is an EXCELLENT way to cleanse out your system before you go to class!! :8855:

After my nightmare WI last week (see "Huge gain and don't know why" thread) I thought I might give this a go - its a bit limited for me as there isnt much fish that I like (dont like shellfish/prawns etc. dont like strong fish or any smoked types). So with my limited options of canned tuna, canned pilchards (a recent discovery of a type of fish I can cope with) and bland white fish variety (cod type fish) this is what I came up with.

Started Friday evening btw:

Friday dinner - thai style tuna fishcakes with chargrilled veg and brown rice. recipe was for crab but tuna was all I had

Saturday - lunch, pilchards in tom sauce with mozzarella on WW brown danish toast (like a fishy pizza!)

Dinner - leftover fishcakes with boiled veg, (carrots, broccli, green beans)

Sunday - lunch - more fishcake leftovers with salad (I made a lot of fishcakes!!)

Dinner - baked Basa fillets with boiled veg.

Today I had w/meal pasta with H/M tomato sauce and tuna chunks. There will be some leftover for tomorrows lunch as well - last meal before WI.

Just need to decide what to have tonight - no fish left in the house, so will just have to see what the local co-op has to offer.

Just waiting to see if half a fishy week can do me some good!

Good luck on WI MLM!! Can't wait to hear how you did. My WI is tomorrow :)

:eatdrink017::whistle:has anyone weighed in yet after a fishy week? the suspense is killing me....

well thats my last fish dinner, tuna again lol! hope ive lost not sure i can eat as much fish as that again, but that all depends on the amount of weight loss lol!!!!

I can't wait to hear everyones news too!!!!

The suspense is killing me!!!
Sx

I lost 3lb after my fishy week!!!!
happy though as it is star week and the last several weeks i had only been losing 1lb a week!

Of course, I might have got another meal out of my can of pilchards, if I hadnt left the open can on my kitchen worktop - unfortunately, one of my cats discovered it - christmas came early for him at the weekend!

:8855:
Made me chuckle!!
I'm on day 1 of my fishy week and had Birdseye simple Salmon with herb butter, served with new potatoes, baby carrots and green beans. My cat was my fussing around me the whole time I was eating it... they are cheeky!! I know any fish left unattended wouldn't stand a chance

Back