My fishy week!

Omg never thought of a fishy week to help boosts weightloss! I'm only 2 days into this week so might give it a go for rest of week! My family and I live fish!

Hi, i love fish, prawns and tuna are my fav. I have a tin of herring in mustard sauce does anyone know if this has syns cause i know mackerel in mustard has got half or one but wasn't sure on herring? Plus I've never even had herring so hope i like it lol

I can't eat much fish lol Ewww, makes me shiver. Wish I could though as its good for you. I'd imagine you'd have to syn the mustard which is around 0.5 to 1 syn a tablespoon xxx

I can't eat much fish lol Ewww, makes me shiver. Wish I could though as its good for you. I'd imagine you'd have to syn the mustard which is around 0.5 to 1 syn a tablespoon xxx

yeah i dont choose fish alot only prawns really but the mackeral in mustard sounds horrible but honestly heated up with scrambled egg is lush wouldnt eat it cold lol you should try it ya might end up liking it ;) x

Time to try this again as worked really well last time, gave my weight loss a good kick
Day one of fishy week completed, food planned for tomorrow already

Just been having a read of this old thread, it's amazing how well fish week actually seemed to work for some people. I'm not feeling up to a full fishy week but it has encouraged me to have it more and if I ever get to a plateau in my journey then that's what I'll be doing.

I'm away Friday evening/Saturday day - my friend's making me dinner on Friday, we will be drinking wine and gin and then the next day heading out for brunch...

I WI on a Friday so planning on starting this on Sunday for a little challenge and to claw back any potential gain! I will meal plan for Sun - Thurs then post my ideas :) xx

Last edited:
Meals plans for Sun-Thurs below. Syn values in brackets. Will make up the rest of the syns on the day with treats/snacks and will supplement meals with fruit/veg to up the superfree.

Quite excited to try something a bit new/different! xx

Sunday - EE

B: Bacon and egg roll w/brown sauce (1)
L: Smoked fish w/ warm potato and red pepper salad (2 for EL mayo)
D: Smoked haddock kedgeree
HExA: SS milk
HExB: WM roll

Syns: 3

Monday - EE
B: smoked haddock kedgeree
L: JP (1) with tuna (2 for EL mayo) salad
D: salmon stir fry w/noodles & stir fry veg (2 for honey)
HExB: chewy delight

Syns: 5

Tuesday - EE
L: salmon stir fry w/noodles & stir fry veg (2)
D: fish, chips, mushy peas
HExB: 35g oats to make magic pancakes for pancake Tuesday!!

Syns: 2

Wednesday - Red
B: smoked salmon, eggs
L: prawn cocktail (4 for ketchup/EL mayo/mustard) open sandwich and salad
D: Fish pie (1) with carrot/BNS/celeriac swede topping w/ broccoli
HExA: Philadelphia light garlic and herb, SS milk
HExB: WM bread

Thursday - Red
L: spiced mackerel, beetroot salsa (1.5), WM roll, salad
D: Fish cakes and salad
HExA: SS milk / babybel light
HExB: WM roll, chewy delight

Syns: 1.5

Meals plans for Sun-Thurs below. Syn values in brackets. Will make up the rest of the syns on the day with treats/snacks and will supplement meals with fruit/veg to up the superfree.

Sunday - EE

Monday - EE

Tuesday - EE

Wednesday - Red

Thursday - Red

Whats the spiced mackerel you have please?

Whats the spiced mackerel you have please?

Hey Emsie - it's a recipe off the bbc good food website. If you search for it on there it should come up. I've not made it before so can't remember off the top of my head but it looked really delicious!x

Ooooooo i got hubbys birthday and a long weekend home to the parents the next couple weeks so thinkin i might try this the week i get bak just incase of a gain.

do u think it has to be lunch and tea? Or i could maybe still get a good result from just havin it for tea?

cant believe ppl hav lost so much on this!

I'm going to do this, this week, probably only have dinners as tend to just have a fruit salad for lunch. Can't wait to see if I can get more than 2lb off.

Sunday - EE

Monday - EE

Tuesday - EE

Wednesday - Red

Thursday - Red

I like the look of this diary, makes it less boring that what I would have put together myself. Might give it a go and rob some of your meal ideas.

Meals plans for Sun-Thurs below. Syn values in brackets. Will make up the rest of the syns on the day with treats/snacks and will supplement meals with fruit/veg to up the superfree. Quite excited to try something a bit new/different! xx Sunday - EE B: Bacon and egg roll w/brown sauce (1) L: Smoked fish w/ warm potato and red pepper salad (2 for EL mayo) D: Smoked haddock kedgeree HExA: SS milk HExB: WM roll Syns: 3 Monday - EE B: smoked haddock kedgeree L: JP (1) with tuna (2 for EL mayo) salad D: salmon stir fry w/noodles & stir fry veg (2 for honey) HExA: SS milk HExB: chewy delight Syns: 5 Tuesday - EE B: smoked haddock kedgeree L: salmon stir fry w/noodles & stir fry veg (2) D: fish, chips, mushy peas HExA: SS milk HExB: 35g oats to make magic pancakes for pancake Tuesday!! Syns: 2 Wednesday - Red B: smoked salmon, eggs L: prawn cocktail (4 for ketchup/EL mayo/mustard) open sandwich and salad D: Fish pie (1) with carrot/BNS/celeriac swede topping w/ broccoli HExA: Philadelphia light garlic and herb, SS milk HExB: WM bread Syns: 5 Thursday - Red B: smoked salmon, eggs L: spiced mackerel, beetroot salsa (1.5), WM roll, salad D: Fish cakes and salad HExA: SS milk / babybel light HExB: WM roll, chewy delight Syns: 1.5

Looks great,

Definitely will follow your plan roughly some time.

Back