My fishy week!

I've worked out next weekend I am going away so next Thursday-Friday then Mon-weds I am sticking to fishy! Need to put together some plans!

I love prawns, any inspiration for them please? good luck to all starting this week!

For a quick tea with prawns. I have pasta, using fry light fry the prawns and have some sweet chilli sauce over it(you have to syn for this) this is my go to meal,at the moment as it's so quick and filling

Check out the BBC Good Food website - that is my number one "go to" place for recipe inspiration!

A lot of the recipes are really healthy and you can filter a lot depending on what you like. Most stuff easily adapted to make it SW friendly!

You could make king prawn skewers some night? Prawn curry? Homemade scampi? xx

I am on day 4 of a fish week. It is something I have done before and can vouch for the fact that is works. It would only not work if it wasn't followed through for the whole week. I love salmon and smoked haddock and prawns and find I have no problem with recipes. One of my favourites is a salmon pizza. I make the base with cauliflower, egg and cheese. I cook and mash the cauliflower mix in the raw egg and the hexa x 2 of mature cheddar and season. Line the base of a loose ring cake tin with baking paper. Cook in a hot oven until the base is golden and almost crispy. At the same time I roast red peppers, courgettes, onions and carrot chips I cook the salmon in the microwave for about 3 minutes with lemon juice and black pepper. I chopp the veg into bite sized pieces and pile them on the pizza base and flake the salmon onto the op of the veg and I promise you it is worth the effort it is delicious.
Another favourite is smoked haddock fish cakes. I cook cauliflower and when it is cooked poach the haddock on top of it. cook and mash 2 small potatoes, new potato size, mash the cauliflower mix with the potato and fish, bind with an egg season with whatever takes your fancy, I have curried them or popped in some cumin or just salt and pepper. I use 2 rings to make the shape and bake in the oven. Serve with whatever veg you fancy for me it is almost always roasted veg as they can all be cooked at the same time and I love green beans with this.

This is the fish cakes I had last night

005_zpsee1d3933.jpg

Tonight I am doing the salmon pizza and tomorrow I will have sword fish with a cheese and tomato sauce, sauce made with philly light and toms.cherry toms.
I will try to post more photos as the week goes on.

Fillymum does fish have to be included in every meal or do you just put it where you otherwise would have had meat OR is it ok to have meat for breakfast or lunch once your having a fish dinner?

I am on day 4 of a fish week. It is something I have done before and can vouch for the fact that is works. It would only not work if it wasn't followed through for the whole week. I love salmon and smoked haddock and prawns and find I have no problem with recipes. One of my favourites is a salmon pizza. I make the base with cauliflower, egg and cheese. I cook and mash the cauliflower mix in the raw egg and the hexa x 2 of mature cheddar and season. Line the base of a loose ring cake tin with baking paper. Cook in a hot oven until the base is golden and almost crispy. At the same time I roast red peppers, courgettes, onions and carrot chips I cook the salmon in the microwave for about 3 minutes with lemon juice and black pepper. I chopp the veg into bite sized pieces and pile them on the pizza base and flake the salmon onto the op of the veg and I promise you it is worth the effort it is delicious.
Another favourite is smoked haddock fish cakes. I cook cauliflower and when it is cooked poach the haddock on top of it. cook and mash 2 small potatoes, new potato size, mash the cauliflower mix with the potato and fish, bind with an egg season with whatever takes your fancy, I have curried them or popped in some cumin or just salt and pepper. I use 2 rings to make the shape and bake in the oven. Serve with whatever veg you fancy for me it is almost always roasted veg as they can all be cooked at the same time and I love green beans with this.

This is the fish cakes I had last night

Tonight I am doing the salmon pizza and tomorrow I will have sword fish with a cheese and tomato sauce, sauce made with philly light and toms.cherry toms.
I will try to post more photos as the week goes on.

These sound yummy! Going to try them at the weekend

Fillymum does fish have to be included in every meal or do you just put it where you otherwise would have had meat OR is it ok to have meat for breakfast or lunch once your having a fish dinner?

I think it has to be fish all the way. That is the way I do it. For breakfast and lunch I normally have something that is SS or open a tin of tuna in brine and mix it with extra light cottage cheese , finely diced gherkins, onion etc. Crab sticks in another cheep lunchtime fish. I tend to eat a lot of omelettes with roasted veg or fish left overs from the night before. I do a smoked haddock fish pie which is lush and there is normally some left over and is brilliant in an omelette. Also another great standby for me is an SS soup I always have a pan of home made soup. The one I made today is carrot, BNS and tomato with curry , garam masala, chicken stock cube and a teaspoon of marmite for an extra kick................sounds weird but is lush and free.
Sorry to have gone on so much....................lol xxxxx

Salmon Pizza.................

pizza002_zpsbd2f4f29.jpg

I've done this twice before with great success, but only ever managing 5 days rather than a full 7.
My rules were: No meat, and 2 of your 3 meals a day containing fish.
Veggie stuff is fine, i.e. veggie sausages , burgers etc.

I think it worked so well for me because I don't eat much fish - maybe only two meals a week, so it was a bit of a shock for my system. If you eat a lot of fish already it may not have as much of an effect...

I may well give this another go in a couple of weeks as I need something to give me a push!!

I've done this twice before with great success, but only ever managing 5 days rather than a full 7.

I think it worked so well for me because I don't eat much fish - maybe only two meals a week, so it was a bit of a shock for my system. If you eat a lot of fish already it may not have as much of an effect...

I may well give this another go in a couple of weeks as I need something to give me a push!!

this works so well because the majority of fish are speed or super speed foods :)

Thanks for this, I was thinking about cutting out 'meat' and only having the fish when I do it! I am going to take the saturday/sunday as non fishy days (but we will see I am away at friends, but they know I am doing sw)

I ended up having the speedy prawn curry tonight as I had to try it out! Oh nom nom!

My fish today and it will be day 6 of fish only is......................

lunch.......................langostinas with a tomato salad
dinner ....................salmon and asparagus frittata.

Obviously this is only the fish part of my days food, my full days food can be seen in my diary. I am loving the fish only thing. I have never been the world greatest lover of fish but with a bit of imagination it can be delicious. This morning I am going to get some sword fish and some tinned tuna in brine..

Have a good weekend xx

this works so well because the majority of fish are speed or super speed foods :)

Hello dear friend how nice to see you.........hope all is well.

Todays lunch was super delicious,

casitatrasero014_zpsb6c1cd28.jpg

I am enjoying the fishy dishes so much I am doing a second week of fish only and today have bought, salmon, langostinas, haddock and tuna........Monday is my WI, it will be interesting to see how much difference it has made.

Oh I love prawns but can't deal when u can see the eyes.... X

Don't worry they can't see what you are doing lol xxx They were absolutely delicious and the tomatoes were sweet and juicy. We only get this type in February and March.

Am looking forward to my frittata tonight.................

Back